Poll: new mt dew contest

ManaAdvent

Apr 16, 2010
I saw the new Dew at Target the other day, and I really wanted to try some. Maybe next time.

Though my fave flavors are Code Red and Livewire, but I like most types of Dew all the same.

DoctorNick

Oct 31, 2007
GameSlave15 said:
the fruit punch one tastes like any other fruit punch the white out tastes like sprite remix if anyone remembers that
I remember Sprite Remix quite fondly, it came out back when I was in High School. I was taking drafting and there was a vending machine right outside of the drafting computer lab, plus the drafting class itself was piss easy so I could dick around on the computer most of the time. Yummy Sprite Remix, music videos on Yahoo Launch (This was pre-You Tube mind you.), those were good times and one of the few pleasant memories I have of High School.

Anyway...

Personally if I had to choose a Mountain Dew flavor it would be:

Permanently bring back Mountain Dew Throwback!

Regular Mountain Dew tastes like ass to me but Throwback was quite pleasant, mostly I'd imagine due to the fact that REAL GOD DAMNED SUGAR is a bajillion times better of a sweetener than high fructose corn syrup could ever hope to be.

Damn you Archer Daniels Midland [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archer_Daniels_Midland] and the fucking subsidies/tariffs you like!

Zeromaeus

Aug 19, 2009
The lime tastes like... well... Lime Jell-O. With fizz, of course.
I'd have to say the punch flavor is best...
The red Vault drinks are still better...

EDIT: There should be a Mountain Dew Throwback option. That stuff was good. Almost as good as the red Vault drinks were...

Sleekgiant

Redlin5 made my title :c
Jan 21, 2010
I like the whiteout, if simply for how weird it looks O_O

Also am I the only one that misses

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
...hm...I did post here before! Well, since my last post I have not only tried the three new flavors but I have found livewire and code red...though not in the form of cans...bastards...

Anyway! On to my disappointment...

Typhoon - It tastes very much like Gamer Fuel to me. Why not just make Gamer Fuel a standard flavor instead of try giving it a mask and taking away it's controller and/or keyboard? I mean the Red gamer fuel by the way

Distortion - Tastes just like regular ass Mountain Dew to me only with a hint of zest or, something. The lime is extremely subtle and it is as though there is no change to the original flavor.

White Out - It isn't a clear cola, it's a white color! It gets bonus points for being a white liquid that doesn't kill or impregnate you [as far as I'm aware: waiting on the recall notice] White Out wins the originality award because it is the only truly original Mountain Dew flavor during this contest period. It still tastes too much like mountain dew though. It tastes like somebody filled almost-empty bottle of Pocari Sweat [Japanese equivalent of Gatorade] with Mountain Dew...and gave it a cool new color

In conclusion: I still miss Pitch Black and wish they would just give it the hell back to us. They should also market Gamer Fuel permanently and maybe switch up the label to show what new games it wants you to buy. Hell, make both Gamer Fuel flavors available to the public as I'm sure they sell better than Code Red. Speaking of Code Red, why offer other flavors at all if you're going to limit their distribution? I'm looking at YOU Baja Mountain Dew! I can't even get that anymore and it used to be exclusive to Taco Bell...wait: isn't Baja the limon-lime Mountain Dew? That's the flavor Distortion is trying to be!

FUCK YOU TOO MOUNTAIN DEW!