Poll: New Pottermore Sorting Hat Quiz! HOUSES, SOUND OFF!

sky14kemea

Deus Ex-Mod
Jun 26, 2008

Gryffindor! Gryffindor! Gryffindor!

Glad I got Gryffindor again. The other Sorting Hat tests I've taken all end up Gryffindor as well. :)

Spider RedNight

There are holes in my brain
Oct 8, 2011
Pluvia said:

Hahaha. Look at all you people getting in the lesser houses.
[[ Fellow Slytherin here ]]

SHHHHH they'll want to shoulder in on our House and taint it with their mediocrity and emo wrist-cutting emo-ness because NO ONE UNDERSTANDS SLYTHERINS

Awwww now I'm sad that our head of house passed away like two weeks ago.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Ravenclaw! All is right with the world. I've kinda spent the last hour or so looking around on new Pottermore and it seems a lot more user-friendly than its previous incarnation. Though I still wish all of this new supplemental information would be collected into a book or several.

Edit because I only just got my wand:

Walnut with a Unicorn hair core, 14 1/2"...supple...flexible...Interesting how it's described as a wand that favors wizards and witches with more ingenuity (walnut) and who are less likely to be corrupted by the dark arts (unicorn hair)...The flexibility speaks for itself metaphorically.

Spider RedNight

There are holes in my brain
Oct 8, 2011
Pluvia said:
Spider RedNight said:
[[ Fellow Slytherin here ]]

SHHHHH they'll want to shoulder in on our House and taint it with their mediocrity and emo wrist-cutting emo-ness because NO ONE UNDERSTANDS SLYTHERINS

Awwww now I'm sad that our head of house passed away like two weeks ago.
You just know that all the other houses are jealous about how good Slytherin is. I mean Gryffindors will be doing their usual "Look how popular I am" routine with their big heads. Thinking they're the *yawn* best at everything whilst being pretty mediocre at everything in reality. I mean, like bravery is going to be of use to anyone in school. And there's also a very thin line between bravery and stupidity, which explains a lot about their house to be honest. Hell even Ravenclaws look down on them, they're just so jealous and obsessed with Slytherin that they can't see it.

But Ravenclaw I mean, they're pretty stuck up. Look down on people when they haven't really achieved anything worthy of that. Think their house means they're smart when it's actually just the house for people who think they're smart. Every one of them are like hippies thinking they're going to be great at magic and discover something new, when the actual house of innovation and ambition is Slytherin. Ravenclaws are just a bunch of teachers pets who do the best they can to be as forgettable as possible. Hell, even Hufflepuffs bring comic relief, which is far more impressive than anything Ravenclaw does.

Speaking of Hufflepuff I heard the OP is one:

Not sure if that's an interview with her but like it probably is. I mean she is a Hufflepuff after all.
It's like... any other house can be talking and all I hear is "ZZZZZZZZZZZ" like a white noise filter.

Gryffindors bug me the most, though. All... friggin' brave and "ooh look what I can do I won't catch FIRE" and crap and that dumb Harry kid that kept stealing our thunder for being rewarded for breaking all the rules and doing stupid shit.

Asita

Answer Hazy, Ask Again Later
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
USA
Eh, my curiosity outweighed my aversion to registration walls (One of my emails has long since been regulated to "spamcatcher" anyways, so why not?).

Hufflepuff for me. Not surprising, as I think Pottermore sorted me into that before they had the registration wall. I remember being rather peeved about that back then, as I fancied myself a Ravenclaw and...well let's just say that to my memory the books had a rather lopsided presentation of the houses. Hufflepuff and Slytherin in particular got the short end of the stick there with very little focus on their virtues. That said, these days I'm quite content to be in a house that prizes humility, loyalty, friendliness, and tenacity.

Wand wise, I ended up with sycamore with unicorn hair and hard flexibility. Long and short of which is that the wood craves new experiences and novelty, its core is exceptionally consistent and faithful.

Joccaren

Elite Member
Mar 29, 2011
Ravenclaw at 90%, however closely followed by an 87% Gryfindor [I know I've spelt that wrong but W/E] score and an 81% Slytherin. Hufflepuff was 64%.

Not sure what all this login stuff is about, I managed to get through just fine, but W/E.

Honestly, in terms of the quiz, I don't think it can really give an accurate Hufflepuff sort of thing IMO, considering the house is a lot about loyalty, justice, patience and all that, and honestly not many, if any, of the questions seemed to have much to do with that - a lot of obvious knowledge seeking for Ravenclaws, bravery for Gryfindors, and self interest or cunning for Slytherin, but not a lot that seemed to be Hufflepuff based, and a lot of kinda... irrelevant to my mind questions about which weird magic thing you'd look at first.
But, W/E, still fun, and I did it legit. Not sure how I got such high scores for most of them, but W/E. Ravenclaw it is, by a nail.

Joccaren

Elite Member
Mar 29, 2011
Pluvia said:
Joccaren said:
Ravenclaw at 90%, however closely followed by an 87% Gryfindor [I know I've spelt that wrong but W/E] score and an 81% Slytherin. Hufflepuff was 64%.

Not sure what all this login stuff is about, I managed to get through just fine, but W/E.

Honestly, in terms of the quiz, I don't think it can really give an accurate Hufflepuff sort of thing IMO, considering the house is a lot about loyalty, justice, patience and all that, and honestly not many, if any, of the questions seemed to have much to do with that - a lot of obvious knowledge seeking for Ravenclaws, bravery for Gryfindors, and self interest or cunning for Slytherin, but not a lot that seemed to be Hufflepuff based, and a lot of kinda... irrelevant to my mind questions about which weird magic thing you'd look at first.
But, W/E, still fun, and I did it legit. Not sure how I got such high scores for most of them, but W/E. Ravenclaw it is, by a nail.
I think you might have gone on the wrong website, there's no % scores here.
Well, it was definitely Pottermore. Got the result in big banners and everything, underneath a bit down and hidden were % scores for each house, with the highest being what you got. IDK, maybe I stumbled across a different quiz somehow =P

Eclipse Dragon

Lusty Argonian Maid
Legacy
Jan 23, 2009
Country
United States
I really dislike this website, they make it difficult to delete your account (you need to send a written request via standard mail). This was not the case with the old website and I can understand why they want to make it so hard to delete your account (so people don't make and delete just to retake the quiz), but I don't understand why it's so important to them. If they don't want people deleting accounts just for the opportunity to retake the quiz, make the quiz free to take without signing up or just offer retakes.

(Edit: I was mistaken, you can email them to delete your account, they just made that particular information kind of hard to find).

The first time I took it before it was redone, I sorted into Hufflepuff

The first time I took the new quiz, I sorted into Gryffindor, disagreeing, I retook the quiz under a different email, got Slytherin, which I'm okay with because depending on my mood I probably am either Slytherin or Hufflepuff. I took the quiz three times and got three different results, even though the test says it uses the same algorithm as the old test, it really depends on the questions and I feel, because you don't get the opportunity to answer all the questions, the results are inaccurate.

Judging by how critical of the official quiz I'm being in this post alone[footnote]screw word of god dammit![/footnote] that would probably back up the Slytherin result, but I think with more questions, I would have ended up with Hufflepuff again, as Joccaren pointed out, the quiz doesn't really give many questions having to do with loyalty, justice and patience and some have been rephrased, such as the "which item would you save from the troll first" question, the old quiz said it was "merlin's book", the new quiz says "book of strange runes", I don't necessarily care if it's a book of runes from some schmuck I don't know about, but if I know it's specifically Merlin's book, I might consider it a little more important.

Considering I'm jumping all over the board on my results and I'm not purposefully trying to skew them (just answering different sets of questions honestly), I'm just going to go with my original house result from the old test, which is Hufflepuff (which is also what I get in almost every other test out there, even the mock Pottermore tests by a large percentage), or maybe I am a Slytherin masquerading as a Hufflepuff, I'm a Slytherpuff.

In the end, it doesn't even really matter what house you would fit best in, because as we've learned from Harry himself, the most important thing is what house you want to be in, the sorting hat is shown to take your own wishes into consideration, so ask and you shall receive.

Edit: Should you choose to rig the test in your favor, this person used analysis from over 2600 sortings [http://pottermoreanalysis.tumblr.com/post/35873379539/as-promised-a-quick-and-dirty-sorting-hat-guide] to try and get a handle on how the questions are weighted. Based on my own answers to the questions, I can see how I ended up with the result I did (ironically Slytherins and Hufflepuffs are weighted very similar), though Gryffindor still looks out of left field for how I answered as I very rarely chose any primary Gryffindor answers (though I suspect a bunch of Gryffindor secondaries are what tipped it over).

Of course though anything having to deal with love and sentimentality weighed toward Hufflepuff, but I think they're getting a raw deal in this respect, the quiz appears to put too much emphasis on the friendship is magic angle to the detriment of other or better worded Hufflepuff traits.

For example, the question "If you could have a potion that gives you X what would it be?"

Answers are...

Love - Hufflepuff
Power - Slytherin
Wisdom - Ravenclaw
Glory - Gryffindor

But would a Hufflepuff choose love I wonder? Other traits the quiz associates with Hufflepuff are a want to do good and be unselfish, to choose love is almost conflicting because it's not genuine love if you're using a potion to acquire it, actually to force someone to love you via use of a potion sounds rather selfish IMO.

--------------------
Edit 2: For wand I got...
Cypress wood with a Phoenix feather core 12 ?" and Slightly Springy flexibility

Which I think is consistent with my original wand, but I don't really remember.

Level 7 Dragon

Typo Kign
Mar 29, 2011
Well, Hufflepuff.

I always thought that I was more of a Ravelclaw type.

What suprised me was the wand type

Beech wood with a Unicorn hair core 9 ?" and Brittle flexibility

Very niche type of wand both for its size and material. Unsuitable for most, but can perform spells unachiavable by its counterparts.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Silentpony said:
I got House Hawkshroud. Proud, noble, with an affinity for Oaths and personal combat. I'm hoping to have my own Castigator at some point.

Well, you can live on one of those Knight Worlds. I'm going to stick with the Collegia.

doggy go 7

Jul 28, 2010
So I didn't do the "official" quiz (I put in a fake email, but they wanted to verify it before they'd let me take the quiz, so screw that), so instead I used this which might be the old quiz?

Anyway, I got Hufflepuff at 81% and Ravenclaw at 79%, and then Slytherin and Gryffindor both at 24%, so I'm clarly neither an antagonist nor a protagonist, which seems pretty accurate if I'm honest XD

Vicarious Reality

Jul 10, 2011
Curious poll results...

Congratulations! I?m Prefect Robert Hilliard, and I?m delighted to welcome you to RAVENCLAW HOUSE. Our emblem is the eagle, which soars where others cannot climb; our house colours are blue and bronze, and our common room is found at the top of Ravenclaw Tower, behind a door with an enchanted knocker. The arched windows set into the walls of our circular common room look down at the school grounds: the lake, the Forbidden Forest, the Quidditch pitch and the Herbology gardens. No other house in the school has such stunning views.

Without wishing to boast, this is the house where the cleverest witches and wizards live. Our founder, Rowena Ravenclaw, prized learning above all else ? and so do we. Unlike the other houses, who all have concealed entrances to their common rooms, we don?t need one. The door to our common room lies at the top of a tall, winding staircase. It has no handle, but an enchanted bronze knocker in the shape of an eagle. When you rap on the door, this knocker will ask you a question, and if you can answer it correctly, you are allowed in. This simple barrier has kept out everyone but Ravenclaws for nearly a thousand years.

I expected Slytherin to be honest

I also got a Vine wood wand with a dragon heartstring core, 14" and rigid flexibility

https://www.pottermore.com/writing-by-jk-rowling/wand-woods
https://www.pottermore.com/writing-by-jk-rowling/wand-cores

Fun sidenote; i am wearing my new Tremere shirt