Poll: New Team Fortress 2 Class - Rifleman

Robby Foxfur

Sep 1, 2009
no This is a horrid idea, 9 classes wasn't enough? why is a 10th needed, it adds nothing more to the game, everything works together and it took a while to make it balanced, there are still bugs to work out, adding another class just adds more headaches.

muckinscavitch

Jul 27, 2009
You say every other class can outdo the pyro in some way or another. All I can say is that you obviously don't truely know how to handle the pyro and are just a w+m1 player. A TRUELY good pyro is irreplacable.

Escapefromwhatever

Feb 21, 2009
Nice drawing, but I don't like the idea. Team Fortress 2 is perfectly balanced, and the Pyro excels at three areas where other classes falter- melee, pushing back stickies, and capping busy control points in tight corners. Maybe there might be room for your class (though an easy to use no-scope sniper rifle seems a bit overpowered), but none of the classes should be replaced.

dfphetteplace

Nov 29, 2009
I like the Pyro, he is good with assisting others. He needs to team up with a solider or demoman though to kill people well, other wise he just runs up and gets killed. He is also great for defense. I play as the Pyro a lot. He is good for newer players, and I'm still kind of a noob to TF2. Not saying you have terrible idea though, I like your design, but like some others have said, he does seem to be a little over powered. Keep working on your ideas though.

Hat of Controversy

Nov 11, 2009
muckinscavitch said:
You say every other class can outdo the pyro in some way or another. All I can say is that you obviously don't truely know how to handle the pyro and are just a w+m1 player. A TRUELY good pyro is irreplacable.
If sneaking behind enemy lines and flaming a group of unknowing enemies before running away and leaving them to scatter and burn to death counts as W+M1ing, then sure, I suppose.

Hat of Controversy

Nov 11, 2009
JWW said:
It seems like Valve has got what it needs, and adding another class would ruin a great balance, but it's a nice idea. You might want to lower his power level to at least 8999, though.
It will stay above 9000 and that is final!

Naw I'm joking. Thanks for the input.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
Sounds like the OP sucked the wrong end of a reflected crit rocket and isn't too happy about it.

Pyros have issues against some classes, but they're also incredibly good pushers with a medic behind them.

Greeboz

Nov 9, 2009
Pyros make the best ambushers. Don't lie to yourself.

Replacing any class in TF2 with cause an uproar so I think it's best to keep it as is.

Guitar Gamer

Apr 12, 2009
It seems like this class would break the game.
Team fortress 2 is made so you don't have any "in between" classes, you have to specialize.
Great picture though, I take it he's..................Italian?

Hat of Controversy

Nov 11, 2009
Amnestic said:
Sounds like the OP sucked the wrong end of a reflected crit rocket and isn't too happy about it.

Pyros have issues against some classes, but they're also incredibly good pushers with a medic behind them.
No, getting my own rockets reflected at me is always entertaining, and I can respect a kill like that since it actually takes some skill and thought to pull off. Its when you get the Pyros that just jump out on the frontlines and spray their flames everywhere and get that lucky kill that it gets kind of irritating. But then again, TF 2 is anything but short of cheap kill mechanics.

But ah well, its still fun, so no worries.

Hat of Controversy

Nov 11, 2009
Guitar Gamer said:
Team fortress 2 is made so you don't have any "in between" classes, you have to specialize.
He was originally going to be a short, stocky chinese man, but then somehow turned into this. He's SUPPOSED to be English/British mixed, but ah well. Italian works too.

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
JWW said:
It seems like Valve has got what it needs, and adding another class would ruin a great balance, but it's a nice idea. You might want to lower his power level to at least 8999, though.
The balance started dying with the first class update.

Jekken6

Aug 19, 2009
lambsheep said:
zHellas said:
Maybe instead of rifleman, it's Pilot? Like he carries around an SMG/Machine Pistol, a regular pistol, and a wrench?
that would be sick
Still a pretty damn useless Pilot.

Maybe it could be a support class that can drop supplies anywhere on the battlefield, from a plane that has a time limit of use and a cooldown period. He has smg, parachute and bare hands as his weapons.

Guitar Gamer

Apr 12, 2009
Tootmania said:
Guitar Gamer said:
He was originally going to be a short, stocky chinese man, but then somehow turned into this. He's SUPPOSED to be English/British mixed, but ah well. Italian works too.
I can see how it was supposed to be a Chinese guy too, the moustache looks a little too pencil thin for me to think "British" though, everyone knows all British men grow moustaches like this.
Yep they ALL look like that, no irony or false fake stereotyping at all whatsoever.

CloggedDonkey

Nov 4, 2009
Quiet Stranger said:
No, just no, actually seems like a mix of the soldier and sniper
Milky_Fresh said:
I like that a lot, it's be damn cool to see. Sounds a tad overpowered though...
zHellas said:
Maybe, if he acted like he was from World War I(and references some experiences multiple times) and when teammates frequently comments on that being impossible, he just yells out, "SHUT UP! You're ruining my fantasy!"
I can see this is getting a mixed response.

anyway, power him down a little, maybe make the bayonet an unlockable, and I think it could work if they did it right.

Contun

Mar 28, 2009
I'd love to see a British Class, but he seems a bit OP. His rifle would make him deadly at long AND close range assuming that your aim doesn't suck. Not to mention he has a shotgun AND he doesn't even have to switch out his melee weapon...

I'd like to see:
The Rocketeer.

Health: 175
Speed: 80%
Role: Support

Weapons: Shotgun, Akimbo Pistols, Swiss Army Knife.

He'd also have a Jet-pack, but it would work in a similar fashion to the Spy's Invisibility Watch or the fuel on the Pyro's Flamethrower so he won't be able to terrorize the sky for too long.

Character Info:
Nationality: Canadian/US

Probably OP, but an interesting thought, eh?

And nice drawing, by the way.

Katana314

Oct 4, 2007
Valve is sort of trying to steer away from the simplified point-and-click class, as it's a trademark of most other shooters. This would basically give nothing 'unique' to him besides having a gun and shooting it.

Projo

Aug 3, 2009
I hate people that bash the pyro. Pyro is versatile, easy to pick up. Like the medic. And like the medic, while he's easy to start with, he can be hard to master, and completely change the direction the fight is going in if used correctly.

Wanting another class is dirty and wrong. Wanting to remove a class is downright blasphemy.

WorthlessSix

Feb 19, 2010
I think that would actually be a pretty neat idea! :) (also, pyros suck >:p They're equally annoying when they're played well and when they're played poorly.) Although I think I like the cricket bat more than the bayonet. Besides, if the rifle was most effective at medium to medium-long range, the bayonet would sort of defeat the purpose because it would encourage the player to get closer to the opponent. (cute drawing btw >w< )