Poll: Nickelodeon, are they throwing away the classics? except spongebob?

kommunizt kat

Jul 8, 2009
So the other day I see my younger sibling watching nickelodeon. I ask him "where's rockos modern life, invader zim, and ren and stimpy?" he says that he doesnt know those shows. So I sit for a while and see that most of these new shows are not as amusing or humorous as the classics.
So did nick give away its good shows and replace them with these poor un-humorous ones? Will they ever bring back the classics (when I say bring back I mean start producing them again. Most of these shows stopped production ages ago apparently...). Is this move by nick good or bad?

AboveUp

May 21, 2008
Bad. Also it's old news. I think pretty much everyone has given up hope on both Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon.

wrecker77

May 31, 2008
Those have been canceled for years. Around the time the president of nickelodian fell and got brain damage. Not really of course but that was extremely stupid of him to cancel those shows.

Internet Kraken

Animalia Mollusca Cephalopada
Mar 18, 2009
wrecker77 said:
Those have been canceled for years. Around the time the president of nickelodian fell and got brain damage. Not really of course but that was extremely stupid of him to cancel those shows.
Or they realized that their target audience is just as entertained by the crappy, random shows. Why put the effort into creating real humor when you can just make totally random garbage and get just as many views?

BoxCutter

Jul 3, 2009
Swap out Invader Zim with Aaahh!!! Real Monsters and you have my childhood shows. I dunno what happened I miss seeing them on sometimes too but to be honest the only time I watch Nickelodeon anymore is when Spongebob is on, so as long as they don't cancel that I'll be alright.

0p3rati0n

Apr 14, 2009
I miss invader zim but I have all the episodes on DVD. I also miss The Grim adventures of Billy and Mandy. now the makers made the misadventure of flap jack which isn't as funny.

LtFerret

Jun 4, 2009
Hell spongebob isn't even that good anymore

Almost every good old show is dead or declining

The few good new shows that come out are pushed aside for crap like "Stoked" or "Chowder"

j0z

Apr 23, 2009
Head in the sand... tut tut...

But really, yeah, I miss the old shows, Rugrats, Hey Arnold!, etc. Spongebob is about the only show on Nick still worth watching, and it isn't what it used to be. I think it really started to go downhill when they started "Tenn Nick" which really catered to the tweens (Spongebob had the best sense of humor and comedy of any of the shows IMO). Now with the likes of "iCarly" and the like, it is just awful. A bunch of screaming almost prepubescent kids running around acting stupid.

sln333

Jun 22, 2009
You're about 3 years late. All the good old shows have been replaced with new bad ones. Even moderately recent good shows like Spongebob and Fairly Oddparents aren't shown as much as the other bad shows. It seems like Nick is trying to copy Disney by having as many hack actors/singers as they can.

Quaidis

Jun 1, 2008
Wasn't the Nickelodeon station behind Avatar, the superb and very popular cartoon series? If so, then their money is not going to waste.

DrDeath3191

Mar 11, 2009
Don't forget Fairly Odd Parents! That's actually a decent show.

Other than that and Spongebob though, yes. Give me Zim, dammit!

AdhesiveTape

Aug 26, 2009
Quaidis said:
Wasn't the Nickelodeon station behind Avatar, the superb and very popular cartoon series? If so, then their money is not going to waste.
Yeah, but Avatar ended already. And the rest of Nickelodeon's dignity left with it.

Blindrooster

Jul 13, 2009
I miss the good ones. Angry Beavers! was the best thing on nickelodeon ever. It depresses me my kids wont get to experience angry beavers.

gremily

Oct 9, 2008
The shows I remember the most are Rugrats, CatDog, Hey Arnold and Angry Beavers.