Poll: Nickelodeon, are they throwing away the classics? except spongebob?

frank220

Dec 25, 2008
I was watching that retarded ICarly show a few hours ago, what a crock of shit! How did television get to be this bad? Even Cartoon Network isn't playing decent cartoons anymore, just Ed, Edd, and Eddy re-runs. Also, hurray for my four hundredth post!

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
Ah, the wonders of childhood nostalgia giving all children rose tinted glasses. Anywho, the new shows are no worse then any of the stuff they've ever had it's just to fully formed mind of an adult the shows look stupid where as in your youth the shows looked better due to your age. Nick has been in the business for a long time and I'm sure they know what they're doing. Also, Spongebob is their number 1 show, so it's not going any anytime soon. If you'd payed attention, you'd have noticed that the shows you remembered have been canceled and forgotten for many years. Things change, sad but true. I miss my gargoyles.

Code Monkey

Mar 21, 2009
All I watched on nickelodeon was Ren and Stimpy, so I learned everything I know about that network from the Nostialgia critic.

But damnit, I don't want a whole generation to miss out on R&S.

Nargleblarg

Jun 24, 2008
While I spent my youth watching all the cartoon stations it does bring sadness to see all of the classics done with to bring in these just retarded shows.

But then again I don't even watch Nickelodeon any more what am I 7.

Dudemeister

Feb 24, 2008
They've been doing this for a while now, replacing shows with actual quality with things that are loud, obnoxious and unfunny.

Brnin8

Jul 17, 2009
I still love Invader Zim and Ren and Stimpy, I bought the box sets of the shows because they were never on.

Conveant0

Feb 4, 2009
I'd hate to have kids growing up with this kind of crap on TV. I miss nearly all the old shows from Cartoon Network and Toonami and the occassional Nickelodeon, and instead I'd choose to let my kids watch proper shows of old on DVD to ensure they don't have to suffer through the drivel they've got on-the-cheap showing...

lwm3398

Apr 15, 2009
Where's the "Some of the new ones are good, But I miss my classics" choice?

oppp7

Aug 29, 2009
IdealistCommi said:
I stoppped watching after Invader Zim left. And they will never bring that back.
Actually, after watching the newer, unaired episodes on a dvd it was probably best that it got canceled before it went downhill.

Deleric

Dec 29, 2008
Well, Nick and CN are just taking care of a different generation of kids now. They aren't tending to your tastes, cause they've done their job of controlling your brain every saturday morning. They need fresh meat :D

I dunno, are kids might be raving when their 26 about how Chowder was the shit back when they were a kid.

Supreme Unleaded

Aug 3, 2009
I miss invader zim, Rocket Power, and numerous others, NICK I WILL KILL YOU... unless you bring back the classics that were way better than you.

gigastrike

Jul 13, 2008
Am I the only one who didn't like Ren and Stimpy and Rocco's Modern life?

Edit: God damn it, I forgot Hey Arnold!

niglett

Jul 17, 2009
i was sad when invader zim stopped airing. what nick did is worse than if Tom and Jerry just stopped airing or Loony Toons.
the classics deserve there own channel not like boomerang but with new episodes.

Fluffee

Aug 9, 2009
Keenan and Kell, back then you could have those 2 raving on about how they love fried chicken and orange drank without someone waving the "RACISM" flag. Roccos modern life, Rugrats, Hey Arnold!, at least they had a message, like help old people and dont grafitti on the zoo's sea turtle (Hey Arnold!) Now they just use random things only an epileptic person with a long family history of down syndrome could come up with. I.E, SHIT.