Poll: Nickelodeon, are they throwing away the classics? except spongebob?

insanejigsaw

Jun 21, 2009
We all miss them but now kids are tweens. Look at at least one of there teen nick shows icarly true jackson vp then you shall see why nick must bring back the good shows and make spongebob good again.

oppp7

Aug 29, 2009
IdealistCommi said:
oppp7 said:
IdealistCommi said:
I stoppped watching after Invader Zim left. And they will never bring that back.
Actually, after watching the newer, unaired episodes on a dvd it was probably best that it got canceled before it went downhill.
May I ask were you found those DVDs?
Can't remember. You might be able to find them at Best Buy. It wasn't too many new episodes, but it had the christmas one, so it's probably worth it.

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
I don't like how they get rid of T.V. shows I mean I was about to kill someone when Outlaw star was taken off CN and even more pissed off when they replaced most of the shows with fucking Naruto and Ben Ten!!! and for that I sentence CN to death but I never really watched Nick so they don't matter to me...

SteakHeart

Jul 20, 2009
Quaidis said:
Wasn't the Nickelodeon station behind Avatar, the superb and very popular cartoon series? If so, then their money is not going to waste.
Thi- *gets killed by mod*

kommunizt kat

Jul 8, 2009
tellmeimaninja said:
thefrizzlefry said:
tellmeimaninja said:
As time went on, people became less and less intelligent. Now apparently, Children find Chowder and Flapjack to be funny.
Dude, don't dis flapjack.
"Dude", dont tell me what to do. I have my own opinion, and I'm not suprised that Flapjack's fanbase doesn't accept that.
well I actually find flapjack and chowder amusing... theyre one of the only shows that still retain the cartoon non-sense I used to know... besides flapjack has a talking whale.

kommunizt kat

Jul 8, 2009
j0z said:
Head in the sand... tut tut...

But really, yeah, I miss the old shows, Rugrats, Hey Arnold!, etc. Spongebob is about the only show on Nick still worth watching, and it isn't what it used to be. I think it really started to go downhill when they started "Tenn Nick" which really catered to the tweens (Spongebob had the best sense of humor and comedy of any of the shows IMO). Now with the likes of "iCarly" and the like, it is just awful. A bunch of screaming almost prepubescent kids running around acting stupid.
so what did you think of keanan and kel in the old days?

Mar 31, 2009
indeed, i miss the crap out of my old shows, and that isn't nostalgia talking. any of my little cousins , or siblings catch me watching boomerang (the cartoon network channel that shows most of the classics) of the nicktoons network (same thing but with Nickelodeon toons) they are instantly drwan in and have a god time watching it. cartoons today lack soul and true comedic wit. I'm drawn to camp lazlo as prime exampleofthe school of throw random crap together and tell them its funny. Cartooons today are the same as the the games industry today, but far bleaker.

j0z

Apr 23, 2009
kommunizt kat said:
j0z said:
Head in the sand... tut tut...

But really, yeah, I miss the old shows, Rugrats, Hey Arnold!, etc. Spongebob is about the only show on Nick still worth watching, and it isn't what it used to be. I think it really started to go downhill when they started "Tenn Nick" which really catered to the tweens (Spongebob had the best sense of humor and comedy of any of the shows IMO). Now with the likes of "iCarly" and the like, it is just awful. A bunch of screaming almost prepubescent kids running around acting stupid.
so what did you think of keanan and kel in the old days?
I must never have watched that, there was a period of time between like 98-2004ish that I didn't have cable/satellite, and I never saw it before then I guess.

Cakes

Aug 26, 2009
This is old news. All the classics have been gone for some time now, Spongebob ceased being even remotely amusing after the movie, and now CN is going to be ruined with this "CN Real". Disney is nothing but "tween" pandering now, with cheap, thoughtless material churned out for a quick buck, tossed away just as quickly. Gone are the days of classic Disney cartoons, entertainment that was truly for the whole family. It is nothing more than your typical large corporation now, where the bottom line is money, no longer quality entertainment. Walt Disney is rolling in his cryogenic chamber. There is no hope for the cartoon.

katsa5

Aug 10, 2009
Same with my brother, who's ten years younger than me. I simply accepted it as me getting older.

kommunizt kat

Jul 8, 2009
Cakes said:
This is old news. All the classics have been gone for some time now, Spongebob ceased being even remotely amusing after the movie, and now CN is going to be ruined with this "CN Real". Disney is nothing but "tween" pandering now, with cheap, thoughtless material churned out for a quick buck, tossed away just as quickly. Gone are the days of classic Disney cartoons, entertainment that was truly for the whole family. It is nothing more than your typical large corporation now, where the bottom line is money, no longer quality entertainment. Walt Disney is rolling in his cryogenic chamber. There is no hope for the cartoon.
he's in cryogenic stasis next to Stan lee (ever since Disney bought marvel, the one we see now is either a clone or an android) Michael Jackson, Billy Mays, and Elvis. The guy running the place is none other than Einsteins brain.

Cakes

Aug 26, 2009
kommunizt kat said:
Cakes said:
he's in cryogenic stasis next to Stan lee (ever since Disney bought marvel, the one we see now is either a clone or an android) Michael Jackson, Billy Mays, and Elvis. The guy running the place is none other than Einsteins brain.
I know! IT ALL FITS!
Er, for the record...I am aware that the whole cryogenic chamber thing is a myth. A cool one at that.

raxer92

Aug 3, 2009
Everyone gave up hope on Cartoon NEtwork and Nickelodeon, Either switch to anime or go online and find your shows on some website like youtube.com , the era of the 80's cartoon is over, their trying to force feed us nothing but dumbed down cartoon crap these days.

kommunizt kat

Jul 8, 2009
Cakes said:
kommunizt kat said:
Cakes said:
I know! IT ALL FITS!
Er, for the record...I am aware that the whole cryogenic chamber thing is a myth. A cool one at that.
however this myth doesnt explain why great people are dying a lot these past 2-3 months... its eerie...