Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Gordon_4 said:
I have no idea if the actors did their own singing,
They did. Or at least Seth and ScarJo did.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Gordon_4 said:
Aww, I was hoping Taron Egerton did too, his bit was awesome.
Not saying he didn't, they're just the ones I know for sure did.

Potjeslatinist

Feb 3, 2016
Sigh.

Look, there's an overlap between games and movies. Some games are just wannabe movies (looking at you David Cage), and some games are very gamey with strong cinematic elements to them - like for example the Uncharted series.

And there are games that are strictly in "game"-territory, and I dare say most of the Mario games fall into that category.

No story or characters to speak of that would translate into a good movie.

Mind you, they did a good thing with Lego. I did not see that coming.

Of course, they also tried it with Emoji.

So it can go both ways but we all know it will be stupid and embarrassing.

I just can't see it.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
So do you think they're gonna keep Charles Martinet or will they settle for some big name stunt casting like Tom Hardy as Mario.

Kyrian007

Nemo saltat sobrius
Legacy
Mar 9, 2010
Kansas
Country
U.S.A.
The best "Mario Brothers" movie possible would be a blockbuster budgeted version of There Will Be Brawl. Anything less will just be another cartoon for the kiddies (which is why they are going with that, cartoons for the kiddies make way more bank.)

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Potjeslatinist said:
Sigh.

Look, there's an overlap between games and movies. Some games are just wannabe movies (looking at you David Cage), and some games are very gamey with strong cinematic elements to them - like for example the Uncharted series.

And there are games that are strictly in "game"-territory, and I dare say most of the Mario games fall into that category.

No story or characters to speak of that would translate into a good movie.

Mind you, they did a good thing with Lego. I did not see that coming.

Of course, they also tried it with Emoji.

So it can go both ways but we all know it will be stupid and embarrassing.

I just can't see it.
Just copy the story presentation of the Mario RPGs. End of Story.

Yoshi178

Aug 15, 2014
Kyrian007 said:
Anything less will just be another cartoon for the kiddies
Just because something is PG doesn't mean it's specifically aimed at "kids". sure a CGI Mario film will almost definitely be "kid-friendly".

but a lot of Nintendo's franchise's are very similar to Pixar films. sure Pixar films like Toy Story and Finding Nemo are very "kid friendly". but there is so much shit in those "kiddy" Pixar films that only Adults would understand whether it be things like sexual innuendo's or even just cameo's of Pixar's previous work that most older fans could probably spot but it might be harder for kids to pick up on.

both Pixar films and the majority of Nintendo games are definitely "kid friendly". but both of them are definitely more directed at "everyone" rather than just being for kids alone. both the films and the games have alot of stuff in them going on that alot of kids wouldn't notice, but an older fan would probably be more likely to pick up on.

Chewster

It's yer man Chewy here!
Apr 24, 2008
Meh. Unless Phil Lord and Chris Miller are involved, it'll probably be bad but who honestly cares? Like, if I were in my younger, more headstrong days this news would probably piss me off but the older I get, the less I care about this crap.

If it looks good, go see it. If not, don't see it and hey, maybe just don't think about it and keep on truckin'.