Poll: Obesity: fat people or true illness?

Shaenightbird

Apr 7, 2008
It's so much easier to get the weight off when you're young, no matter what it comes from. Once ya hit 35, your metabolism slows down, and it keeps slowing down. Depending on your job, you won't get enough exercise anyway. You're so damned tired from work, who the hell has any energy to exercise? If you're female, and have kids, there it goes. And then, to make it even more joyful, getting older opens the door to more metabolic disorders. Thyroid shuts down, Diabetes, stress and overwork, bah. Being an adult has it's advantages, but wow, getting older sure sneaks up on you. And if you're in some sort of accident where you can't move much for months, or years, you're screwed. The best way to do it is to stay fit from a young age. It's a lot easier to keep it there than get it back.

SenseOfTumour

Jul 11, 2008
Yeah, the majority of really huge people are basically lazy people who eat too much, there's exceptions, but that's my view

As a fat person who eats too much and doesn't exercise enough.

I do wonder tho, when they invent the magic pill that absorbs 90% of the fat and sugar you ingest, and there are no fat people, and we all look perfect, will we still be looked down upon for our greed, or will all people become greedy, as there wouldn't be the downside of losing your external looks, meaning everyone could enjoy eating what they wanted, instead of what they should?

Here's my take on the earlier stuff anyways.

Yes we should get medical care, we've paid taxes, more than most in fact, luxury foods are generally heavily taxed, and we're most likely going to drop dead before we're 50, saving our government on pensions.

No we shouldn't get abuse, I realise it's self inflicted, but hey , how about anyone who's doing other people no harm does not deserve abuse? How about a wild and crazy idea of 'lets not be shitty to anyone'