Poll: Of the people rushing out to play MW2, Who is actually legally old enough to play it?

GoldenRaz

Mar 21, 2009
I'm only 16, but since my parents consider me quite mature (probably even moreso than my 18 year-old brother) I'm getting it despite that.
My parents are teh awesomest!

RanD00M

Oct 26, 2008
I´m buying it from a hop that sold me Killzone 1 which is banned for people under 16 when i was 12.So i guess they wont mind me buying CoD:MW2 now that i´m 15.

Nullphantom

Sep 3, 2009
I'm 19, and been playing rated M games since I was 13. Ratings on games are pretty useless since kids will get their hands on a game in some way. My friends that are getting it are thinking it'll be the best thing since buttered toast

Necrofudge

May 17, 2009
I don't recall ever caring what the rating was. I started playing M rated games when I was 10. Nobody noticed. Nobody called the cops. Nothing happened. Ever.

ChaoticLegion

Mar 19, 2009
people are actualy "rushing out" to buy Modern Warfare 2? Meh, must be talking about console gamers. Don't know of any Pc gamers who are currently bothering with MW2... most are either looking to Left 4 Dead 2 or Bad Company 2.

Valkyira

Mar 13, 2009
I don't like the idea of the government telling me wether or not i can watch a movie/ play a game. It's my decision. Anyway, i'm old enough to do it legally now so i don't really care.

Citrus

Apr 25, 2008
Everybody can legally play Modern Warfare 2.

Just not everybody can legally purchase it on their own.

EDIT: Also, that's a pretty flawed poll since M-rated games are for people 17+, so it doesn't make sense to group 17-year-olds with people who aren't old enough to buy it.

Merteg

May 9, 2009
Those are just a suggestion anyway, I don't think everyone younger than 17 can't handle an M rated game.

p3t3r

Apr 16, 2009
well i stoped caring about game rating when i was like 10 or something the first game i got for game cube was t so ya past caring about ratings

Tzatziki3301

Aug 11, 2009
Citrus Insanity said:
Everybody can legally play Modern Warfare 2.

Just not everybody can legally purchase it on their own.

EDIT: Also, that's a pretty flawed poll since M-rated games are for people 17+, so it doesn't make sense to group 17-year-olds with people who aren't old enough to buy it.
Nautical Honors Society said:
Always ignored ratings, but in the good ole US of A you can get an M-Rated game at the age of 17.

Isn't it 18 in other countries?
HG131 said:
In the US, there is no law that you have to be the age of the rating. It's illegal to make that kind of law.
Exactly. The reasoning goes that only in Europe and a few other places is it actually illegal to retail a restricted title to someone below the age of restriction. In the UK, the retailer gets a fine, criminal record and prison term unless they can prove it was a freak accident to the Trading Stadards officer. However, as the method for catching retailers who regularly break the law is to send in under-age customers to by the item, and thus catch them in the act, you DON'T guard against people with fake ID (unless its painfully obvious its a fake to the untrained eye). Thus, there isn't much to be gained from dropping the top bracket of the poll to 17+, because Europeans who are 17 technically can't buy the game.

I believe I read once that a few senators in America wanted to make it so that sales were restricted, but your own Bill of Rights effectively removes the ability to make that law. It might get amended to push one through, but seeing as how you have the other party in office right now, its future may be uncertain.

Anyone have a link to anything that might suggest America is moving towards a more stringent, enforcible ratings system?

Barky13

Apr 7, 2009
I'll be old enough to play it. Not old enough to buy it though. By the time I get it I'll be 14 but my parents know what I can and can't handle.