Poll: OH DEAR GOD NO! A Comparison of the deadliest things in New Vegas.

soilent

Jan 2, 2010
Which enemy or hazard has caused you the most grief in New Vegas?

Personally, I cant fucking stand Golden Geckos, 100 rads from 1 melee hit, seriously, fuck you geckos.

I meant to put a poll in but it didnt go for some reason

Legendairy314

Aug 26, 2010
"Oh hey a Deathcl..."

*Veronica has Died*

"Wait what? Oh god it's behind me!"

*ED-E had Died*

"No! Not the Face!"

Quarry Junction, oh how I avoid you so. Also, Super Mutants seem to have quite a bit more health then I remember.

soilent

Jan 2, 2010
Ghostwise said:
Cazadors are pretty ruthless on Normal Hardcore. So are the damned Deathclaws. It's like those bastards have been sharpening their claws on the way over from DC. Shit is brutal!
try Cazadors on very hard, seriously dude, I have to drop difficulty levels when I run into them.

xXGeckoXx

Jan 29, 2009
Deathclaws got harder. Cazadors are just a pain. Vats allows me to kill them all but they are a drain on ammo and stimpacks. So I would go with cazadors for being a royal pain in the arse.

soilent

Jan 2, 2010
Legendairy314 said:
"Oh hey a Deathcl..."

*Veronica has Died*

*ED-E had Died*

"No! Not the Face!"

Quarry Junction, oh how I avoid you so. Also, Super Mutants seem to have quite a bit more health then I remember.
I decided once to run across quarry junction at level 1, knowing about the deathclaws, I didnt think I'd last 10 meters, I got into the flipped semi trailer with 4 deathclaws at my heels and spent the next 5 minutes crying in the fetal position in the back of the trailer, I eventually managed to run through that entire area, just fucking barely.

AlternatePFG

Jan 22, 2010
It's a tie between Deathclaws and Cazadors for me. I sort of know where Deathclaws are usually, but Cazadors are everywhere.

soilent

Jan 2, 2010
I am amazed nobody has mentioned Searchlight, that wonderful town that somehow makes radaway vanish from your inventory all by itself.

andreas3K

Feb 6, 2010
Cazadors are the worst. Me and Boone slaughtered a gang of Deathclaws before they laid a finger on us, but Cazadors can still own both of our asses. They're hard to hit and they hit hard.

Exocet

Pandamonium is at hand
Dec 3, 2008
Just for the sake of variety,Glowing ones.Damn their ability to soak up my ammo when I'm too low level and make me use all my rad-away.I had to leave an infested vault a mere 20 meters away from my objective because I was about to die from radiation and nothing to counter it.I'm pretty sure it was my closest call ever in a fallout game.I probably would have died from taking a sip from a toilet.

I went back to that damn vault with some levels and a few rad-aways,but damn golden geckos made that stock go down the drain.Fucking lizards.I hate that vault with such a passion,I purged it with both a flamer and a unique grenade machinegun with incendiary grenades.

soilent

Jan 2, 2010
Exocet said:
Just for the sake of variety,Glowing ones.Damn their ability to soak up my ammo when I'm too low level and make me use all my rad-away.I had to leave an infested vault a mere 20 meters away from my objective because I was about to die from radiation and nothing to counter it.I'm pretty sure it was my closest call ever in a fallout game.I probably would have died from taking a sip from a toilet.

I went back to that damn vault with some levels and a few rad-aways,but damn golden geckos made that stock go down the drain.Fucking lizards.I hate that vault with such a passion,I purged it with both a flamer and a unique grenade machinegun with incendiary grenades.

That deathclaw infested cavern was worth the gun eh?

Sephychu

Dec 13, 2009
Damned Praetorian Guard. They're so good at staying alive despite my best efforts to the contrary.

Stupid Ballistic fists.

voetballeeuw

May 3, 2010
Cazadors, I'm going to quote Due Date for this line, I despise them at a cellular level. They're everywhere it seems.

JWRosser

Jul 4, 2006
Going with the general consensus: Cazadors and Deathclaws.
Up until you reach about level 22 or so, Cazadors will fuck you up. Feral Ghoul Reavers seem to be easier - I find Glowing Ones harder to kill.

I decided to kill Caesar which led to a load of Legonites equipped with Ballistic Fists destroying me. Eventually I managed to do it and wiped out the whole camp...

Klumpfot

Dec 30, 2009
I never had any trouble really with Cazadors, playing on hard. My cowboy repeater made short work of them. I have no chance against Deathclaws, however, unless I snipe them from half a state away.

Mar 26, 2008
soilent said:
Legendairy314 said:
"Oh hey a Deathcl..."

*Veronica has Died*

*ED-E had Died*

"No! Not the Face!"

I decided once to run across quarry junction at level 1, knowing about the deathclaws, I didnt think I'd last 10 meters, I got into the flipped semi trailer with 4 deathclaws at my heels and spent the next 5 minutes crying in the fetal position in the back of the trailer, I eventually managed to run through that entire area, just fucking barely.
Yeah I attempted Quarry Junction at Level 3. I got the jump on the first Deathclaw I saw with a hidden attack with my .44 Magnum. The thing just turned around and looked at me. While it closed the distance I hit it with bullets from my 10mm pistol, 10mm Submachine gun, 9mm pistol, hunting rifle, double barrel shotgun, laser pistol, even a stick of dynamite and it eviscerated me in a couple of hits.
I've sworn bloody vengence on them once I level up enough.

Calbeck

Bearer of Pointed Commentary
Jul 13, 2008
It wouldn't be so bad if Cazadors and Deathclaws didn't BOTH have a habit of running in packs (er, flying in swarms, for the Cazos).

Obsidian has succeeded in bringing the idea of OMG BEEEEEEEEEES D: (even though they're wasps) to the Fallout universe.

Yureina

Who are you?
May 6, 2010
Cazadors. They hit way too hard and move too fast for me to aim properly. They also tend to be in really large groups as well. I end up having to fight several at once in most cases with both of my companions knocked out and I barely managing to survive. :(