Poll: [Origin] How many of us have folded?

Exocet

Pandamonium is at hand
Dec 3, 2008
Not until EA shows me,as a customer,that Origin is a legitimate digital distribution platform and isn't some bullshit Game for Windows Live 2.0

I don't want some crappy program that's going to disappear in 2 years,leaving us with questions about the status of our ownership of the games we bought on it,while EA creates a new platform yet again.

6_Qubed

Mar 19, 2009
ALL RIGHT I CONFESS!!! I REGULARLY PARTAKE OF ORIGAMI, ARE YOU HAPPY NOW?!

OT: No sir I have not. I'm not a big online gamer, nor am i much of a multi-player guy, so I've had no need to install Origin.

thehorror2

Jan 25, 2010
Steam comes from Valve. I trust Valve.

Origin comes from EA. I do not trust EA.

I have Steam. I will not touch Origin.

I intend to stick to my guns as far as their games. The only EA games the company will see any money for is the stuff from Bioware, and only then if it's any good. They will get no positive reinforcement out of me as far as Project Ten Dollar.

Screw you, EA.

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
Do I have an Origin account? Yes, but only because they made me one without me even asking them to or letting them. Is it installed? Nope, and doubt it ever will be.

Troublesome Lagomorph

The Deadliest Bunny
May 26, 2009
I've had it since there was that free Mass Effect 2. However, I'm likely going to uninstall it. Its pointless if I can't transfer over my character and have to use a platform I won't get anything else on taking up so much damn space.

bootz

Feb 28, 2011
Well I turst valve not to put a monthy fee on steam.
I think EA at some point will put a monthly fee to access Origins.
I've had a lot of issues with EA customer support. So I try not to support them.

T7nowhere

Jun 15, 2011
I really don't get what people are crying about. Origin is simply EA's digital downloader. It's actually been improved over the old one that was used before they re-branded it.

I guess it's annoying if don't want to have yet another app for games, but really how is this any different than what Valve did with steam. People were crying about how steam when Valve first forced it on their users. With Blizzard games you have battle.net.

The thing I'm more annoyed by is the crappy browser based BF3 battlelog which has reduced functionality in some browsers. I don't like to have to have my browser and Origin running just to Play BF3. that is something EA should have integrated into Origin.

Sep 30, 2010
Paragon Fury said:
I installed Origin as soon as it came out. Unlike most of the gaming world I don't have a fucking hard-on for Steam. I saw, and still see no issues with EA or Origin. Don't care if EA sees that I watched that one episode of Manyuu Hikenchou or Sekirei over a couple times. Or knowing that I checked my bank account twice on Tuesday.
I never really could get into Sekirei. I've had fun watching it with friends and laughing at the more ridiculous parts. Also I could see why you would re watch some episodes over (I'm on to you) but it never seemed like there was much there.

Oh yeah Origin. I'll probably never install it because I only join the PC gaming master race on occasion and prefer to play on the Xbox with the rest of the peasants. Also something just seems horribly wrong about it watching what I'm doing.

Legion IV

Mar 30, 2010
lunncal said:
Teckdeth said:
I don't have a lot against Origin, but right now I have no reason to get it installed. I will if necessary, but I've got Steam for now, and that'll do.

I have little interest in this Origin vs Steam discussion. It seems so arbitrary, even when compared to other arbitrary gamer arguments like PC vs Console, or PS3 vs Xbox. I mean, they're both free right? It's not like you can only buy one and need to defend your choice, they're free! Just get both! XD
This isn't about which one is better, it's about how Origin (among other things) completely obliterates your privacy [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/112559-Internet-Explodes-Over-Origins-Invasion-of-Privacy] in a way that I actually thought was completely illegal. I mean I personally have a few issues with Steam too (though not nearly to the same degree), but I grudgingly use it anyway because of the great deals it has and Valve's solid reputation. Origin on the other hand I wouldn't use even if it was giving away games for free.
Doesn't Apple do the same thing? Where are all the complaints about that?

Dammit already ninjaed!

Thistlehart

Nov 10, 2010
I don't even deal with Steam. It's ridiculous to have to have a Steam account just to play 90% of the new titles on PC. I don't care enough about titles that EA is putting out to want to install their invasive software on my comp. I'll stick to my 360.

And yes, I realize that there's little difference between the two, but the big difference for me is that it's not on my computer.

Foxbat Flyer

Jul 9, 2009
Ever since they removed DA2 from steam (I already got it from steam, so i dont need origin) and now thier terms of service? I dont want them knowing what i get up to on my PC, If i have to play their games on consoles, so be it, its better than installing origin!

Hungry Donner

Henchman
Mar 19, 2009
It was six years before I was willing to install Steam, maybe in six more I'll be willing to install Origin. It's going to be difficult if Mirror's Edge 2 is release and looks like an improvement on the first one, but given how long I withstood the Portal onslaught I think I can manage it.

JackWestJr

Apr 9, 2011
I don't care, as long as I can run Battlefield 3 well and thus buy it on PC, I will need to do it sometime. I won't ever use it for anything other than Battlfield 3 though, no need to.

A Distant Star

Feb 15, 2008
If it was less intrusive I would gladly instal it, but it is not and as such I do not have it. I still play EA games, just on my PS3.

neppakyo

Apr 3, 2011
Fuck EA and their bullshit I say.

So, no. I won't install it. So now I won't buy an games from EA at all. I'll give my money to indie devs from now on.

Oh, fuck apple too. I don't use any of their shit either.

babinro

Sep 24, 2010
I installed it because I wanted to check out the service. As much as I love Steam, I'm not beyond shopping around for my gaming. Origin is another avenue to buy games cheaper than retail.

I never had a problem with their EULA at any point in time. Granted companies put some ridiculous things in their terms, but until I'm impacted personally in a negative way by it, I have no reason to care. I've only ever had good experiences with EA's products. At this time, I have as much trust in EA as I do Valve.