Poll: Outsmarting Teacher

LooK iTz Jinjo

Feb 22, 2009
Me and about 4 other people in my year 12 IT class this year were smarter than our teacher and I was generally on an equal, if not higher, lever than my Legal Studies teacher (depending on Topic). In English I had a ***** teacher who tried to fail me and never would actually take me or my work seriously so I went from an A grade student to dropping the subject (as changing teachers was not possible) simply because my teacher was a fat ***** (yes she was actually fat).

sillyboydozza

Apr 15, 2009
yer, AND IT WAS REALY ANNOYING. and it wasnt for something hard either, it was for how to spell my bloody name!! jed.
it was in second grade and i was so frustrated (as you would be) because she was so convinced that it was spelt ged not jed. I MEAN< IT WAS MY BLOODY NAME ANYWAY, EVEN IF I WAS WRONG (wich wasnt) I WAS THE ONE WHO OWNEED THE NAME, I DICTATED WHAT WENT ON IN THAT DEPARTMENT.

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
All the time. The first time I remember doing it was in 1st grade when the teacher kept on trying to tell us that the sun revolves around all the planets.

I was the only one to say anything.

Ever since then, I've always had little things when I outsmart teachers. Does it count now that I'm homeschooled and I outsmart my parents all the time?

Nillz

Oct 21, 2009
People think too much of when they say they "outsmart" a teacher. Pffffft, big deal, you outsmarted someone trying to teach you a subject once or maybe twice, out of a gazillion other times. Maybe the teacher wasn't particularly knowledgeable to the extent of memorizing every single, tiny detail in what could be such a broad subject.

IckleMissMayhem

Oct 18, 2009
I was correcting my teacher's spelling and grammar aged seven(only the one teacher, but on many occasions). This little SPAG Nazi started early! She sent me to the Head's office once, for calling her stupid(again, I was seven years old)... My mother went ape. And I was moved into a different class with a teacher who wasn't an idiot.

Nimbus

Token Irish Guy
Oct 22, 2008
Dumb ***** religion teacher didn't know the correct definitions of agnostic and atheist.

Also, every teacher makes mistakes that students pick up on.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
For me, I'll go with "All the time", but only due to the circumstances of how piss-poor my high school was. Basically, they couldn't handle having teachers with any real cleverness about them, so it was distinctly possible to be smarter than them.

BiscuitTrouser

Elite Member
May 19, 2008
My teacher in 6th year thought heavier things fell faster. The incredulous look on his face when i said a ping pong ball and a superdense ball of lead fell the same speed made me die a little inside.

My maths teacher dismissed my method for working out formulie fractions before realising i had the answer in 3 calculation while his took 15. His response was "Errm yes well il have to look at that later to check if its right" I told him that we had the same answer so how could it be wrong, i couldnt just guess such an answer.

madman485

Apr 10, 2009
when i was doing stoichiometry in chemistry, my teacher had layed out a few really complicated, really long equations for working with the mol ratio and such. i then proceeded to, by the end of class, simplify his procedure into one equation that was able to bend to accomadate additional concepts as well.

Disaster Button

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2009
The other day my Physics teacher got me to the front of the class and aske dme to write the correct answer on the Chalk Board. So I did and got it right. He asked the class and they said no (the majority that answered) so he said I was wrong.

Then he did the same to someone else who did what I did and he said they were right. So I told him this and he said "The class said it was wrong." So I replied "You should pick an opinion and stick to it." He looked a little embarassed as the class kinda giggled and laughed a bit at him. I took a victory sip from my water bottle that lesson.

And yeah I count this as outsmarting the teacher, cos he's an arse.

Jan 11, 2009
Year 7 Geography teacher was such a dumb *****. She actually can't remember ANYBODY'S names and once she held up a piece of work done by my friend Conor and said this: "*Looking at work with name on it* That's a very good piece of work Conor, *Holding up work to class* Everyone look what Callum's done! *Returning work* You'll be getting a house-point for that Cameron!"

She never understood why we couldn't stop laughing.

Anyway the point of that was that literally every other thing she learnt in her lesson she had to be corrected on, and the parts that she didn't need correcting on were the parts written in the textbooks.

Kasawd

Jun 1, 2009
I've done it alot.

In english with different views.

I twist formulas in math to get my answers, finding the normal application too boring.

Law classes I twist several rights meanings in dual with precedents to create new uses for them.

Artemis923

Dec 25, 2008
I had a history teacher my junior year of HS who was smokin' hot.

However, she didn't know dick about history. >.<

At one point, she basically had me teach the class fo her. In return, I got an automatic "A".

Ace of Spades

Jul 12, 2008
Vivaldi said:
brutus3933 said:
Science: 4th state of matter
Umm, unless I'm mistaken, aren't there five?

Solid
Liquid
Gas
Plasma
and Bohems-Einstein Condensates?

OT: English: had to explain to 7th grade English class what a metaphor and what a simile is and the differences, when the teacher messed it up. "P
I really thought that they should have named the fifth one Amsalp.

Riccan

Oct 11, 2009
I have, but everytime I point it out the teacher believes that I am trying to undermine their authority.

Vivaldi

Jul 26, 2008
Ace of Spades said:
Vivaldi said:
brutus3933 said:

Solid
Liquid
Gas
Plasma

OT: English: had to explain to 7th grade English class what a metaphor and what a simile is and the differences, when the teacher messed it up. "P
May I Ask why?

Dancingman

Aug 15, 2008
Bebopcola2021 said:
Hate to burst your bubble about being "smarter than the teacher" but here's a quote from a study guide which debunks your theory about the gender of the narrator:

"The narrator's gender is not identified, but Poe probably intended him to be a man. Here is why: Poe generally wrote from a male perspective, often infusing part of himself into his main characters. Also, in major short stories in which he identifies the narrator by gender?stories such as "The Black Cat," "The Cask of Amontillado," and "The Fall of the House of Usher"?the narrator is male. Finally, the narrator of "A Tell-Tale Heart" exhibits male characteristics, including (1) A more pronounced tendency than females to commit violent acts. Statistics demonstrate overwhelmingly that murder is a male crime. (2) Physical strength that would be unusual in a female. The narrator drags the old man onto the floor and pulls the bed on top of him, then tears up floorboards and deposits the body between joists. (3) The narrator performs a man's chore by bringing four chairs into the old man's bedroom, one for the narrator and three for the policemen. If the narrator were a woman, the policemen probably would have fetched the chairs. But they did not."

*does a victory dance for teachers everywhere*

Also, all you kids got to remember that nobody is perfect, and teaching is a thankless job. Just because you're a teacher does not make you all knowing or infallible.
Victory, just victory, all the arrogant folks around here could really use a dose of this medicine.

Ace of Spades

Jul 12, 2008
Vivaldi said:
Ace of Spades said:
Vivaldi said:
brutus3933 said:

Solid
Liquid
Gas
Plasma

May I Ask why?
It's Plasma spelled backwards :)