Poll: Pastafarianism

interspark

Dec 20, 2009
Simple enough question, are you a Pastafarian and what are your views on it?

I would be but i live with my mum and I dought she'd take it seriously

EDIT: sorry, if i could just clear this up now, Pastafarianism is NOT a joke, it's a religion like any other! THATS THE WHOLE POINT! *sigh* just look it up on wiki

ok, just to be doubly crystal clear... THIS IS NOT A JOKE!!! I AM NOT TRYING TO BE FUNNY!!!

Skuffyshootster

Jan 13, 2009
interspark said:

And you...do?

I thought pastafarianism was just a joke.

Zacharine

Apr 17, 2009
Depends on the day, I alternate between between being an agnostic atheist, a worshipper of the One True Goddess Haruhi and Pastafarianism. Really, depending on the mood I'm at.

But to be frank, if I thought there was any kind of afterlife, I'd prefer the Pastafarianist heaven.

But as it stands, it think it is a good parody that brings out and highlights many of the generally unspoken attributes of more traditional religions.

JourneyThroughHell

Sep 21, 2009
Well, I am when people are trying to pass teaching of religion in schools.

And I genuinely think that the commandments in pastafarianism are better than the ones in other religions.

Monkfish Acc.

May 7, 2008
Echer123 said:
interspark said:

And you...do?

It is.
Either this guy is joking or he is part of the small group of people who take it seriously. Because they are not very bright.

Anyway, no.
Making fun of religion stops being funny when it is no longer playful ribbing. It just becomes athiests being elitist pricks again.
I say this as a non-religious person. And I know there are plenty of athiests who don't get all smug and in your face about it.
It's just the morons I dislike. They're as bad as Bible bashers.

Klumpfot

Dec 30, 2009
AxCx said:
Nope. Cause I dont poke fun at peoples beliefes.

If you want to, thats fine, but stop acting all surprised when someone mentions that athiests are assholes.
Isn't it exactly as bigoted to say that all atheists are assholes as it would be to say that all christians/muslims/belgians are? They're all just people, and anyone who says that about almost any other group is a bigot. Right?

As for the question regarding belief in the FSM, no. He was killed by Her Royal Highness, the Invisible Pink Unicorn. I have no opinion on whether or not this was justified.

JourneyThroughHell

Sep 21, 2009
Tankichi said:
SakSak said:
Depends on the day, I alternate between between being an agnostic atheist, a worshipper of the One True Goddess Haruhi and Pastafarianism. Really, depending on the mood I'm at.

But to be frank, if I thought there was any kind of afterlife, I'd prefer the Pastafarianist heaven.

But as it stands, it think it is a good parody that brings out and highlights many of the generally unspoken attributes of more traditional religions.
How do you be a Agnostic Athiest? You ponder the existence of God but think god doesn't exist?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agnostic_atheism

In other words, "I don't think a deity exists, but I can't know for sure."

I find that very reasonable, actually.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
...You do know the letter was satire, right? That his noodliness the FSM is just a patronizing representation of the traditional monotheistic religions? And that few people in appropriate ceremonial piratical garb are practicing believers?

But, as far as nonsense goes, I'm much more inclined to believe in the IPU than the FSM (and I'm not talking about the Inter-Parliamentary Union, here. The Other IPU).

interspark

Dec 20, 2009
Echer123 said:
interspark said:

And you...do?

i do and it most certainly isnt! the point of pastafarianism is to put other religions in perspective! even if there is a god, the idea of him/her visiting the earth (like in the bible) is VERY far-fetched, so all religion is is people's views on "god". long story short, it's all made up! (but not necessarily wrong), and the fact that it's ridiculous just emphasise this point.... ehhh look you should probably look it up on wiki, that would explain it better than i could

interspark

Dec 20, 2009
Monkfish Acc. said:
Echer123 said:
interspark said:

And you...do?

It is.
Either this guy is joking or he is part of the small group of people who take it seriously. Because they are not very bright.

Anyway, no.
Making fun of religion stops being funny when it is no longer playful ribbing. It just becomes athiests being elitist pricks again.
I say this as a non-religious person. And I know there are plenty of athiests who don't get all smug and in your face about it.
It's just the morons I dislike. They're as bad as Bible bashers.
well put, but pastafarianism is most definately NOT a joke, there are alot of profound meanings behind that ridiculous blob of spaghetti

thiosk

Sep 18, 2008
It is a joke.

Unlike pastamancery, which is a true school of pasta summoning.

interspark

Dec 20, 2009
JourneyThroughHell said:

you know i like that, you take things as they are yet you're respectful to other peoples ideas, there aren't enough people like you T~T

Ampersand

May 1, 2010
AxCx said:
Klumpfot said:
AxCx said:
Nope. Cause I dont poke fun at peoples beliefes.

If you want to, thats fine, but stop acting all surprised when someone mentions that athiests are assholes.
Isn't it exactly as bigoted to say that all atheists are assholes as it would be to say that all christians/muslims/belgians are? They're all just people, and anyone who says that about almost any other group is a bigot. Right?

As for the question regarding belief in the FSM, no. He was killed by Her Royal Highness, the Invisible Pink Unicorn. I have no opinion on whether or not this was justified.
Sure it is.

What I meant was that its no wonder christians or muslims get pissed off when you stand in the corner laughing at them saying "lolz they havent found the true pasta saviour yet".

I mean, put on your trollface and get on there nuts, by all means. But dont get on there nuts and then scream "OH GAWD THESE PEOPLE ARE SO MEAN AND NASTY" when they tell you to fuck off.
I find that when i challenge peoples beliefs I only get told to fuck off by people who can't defend themselves with reasoned arguments......or people who haven't had enough sleep.

JourneyThroughHell

Sep 21, 2009
interspark said:
JourneyThroughHell said:

you know i like that, you take things as they are yet you're respectful to other peoples ideas, there aren't enough people like you T~T
Well, thanks. I wouldn't say I'm perfectly peaceful when it comes to my atheism, but I sure am trying... most of the time.