Poll: Pastafarianism

Kenko

Jul 25, 2010
AxCx said:
Nope. Cause I dont poke fun at peoples beliefes.

If you want to, thats fine, but stop acting all surprised when someone mentions that athiests are assholes.
Yeah, that works both ways mate. Christians bash and harass non-believers alot more. "Though shall not judge" indeed, right? ;)

RIOgreatescapist

Nov 9, 2009
More of a pizzafarianism. At 3pm going to the nearest Pizzahut for daily praying.
Eat Pizza, Pray for Pizza, Love Pizza my next book.

jigilojoe

Mar 4, 2009
I love how British humour gets distorted when it goes around the World, Pastafarianism is a joke which has managed to become a Religion, like Jedi or *cough* Scientology.

Charisma

Oct 28, 2008
I am a pastafarianist in that I embrace the joke.

I don't see how it can be anything else.

Ampersand

May 1, 2010
AxCx said:
Ampersand said:
I doubt the sincerity of someone who first says he didn't say making fun is that bad, and then in same post compares it to the atom bomb.
Over dramatic?
I didnt compare the atomic bomb to anything, it was just an example of the concept.

Nice to see you adress my other points though. That makes you seem a lot more sincere than me, im sure.
I did address your point. I said you were being overly dramatic, which you are. It's just a bit of fun, religions are not immune to ridicule, get over it.

JourneyThroughHell

Sep 21, 2009
SirBryghtside said:
I've thought of myself as an Atheist for a long time, but this does seem to suit me a lot more.

And yes, it's pretty clear that the OP is trolling, but I don't really like the IPU, FSM, etc. I really don't like atheists who are that vocal and ignorant.
Wouldn't want to cause a heated debate, put how exactly is the FSM guy ignorant? All he did was basically stand up against teaching religious stuff in schools, a fairly noble cause, and create a wonderful parody of religious texts in that weird red book.

Zacharine

Apr 17, 2009
Soylent Bacon said:
SakSak said:
Pastafarianism does nothing but encourage smug atheists to further mock religions and become even more smug assholes than before. If you don't follow a religion, there is no reason to openly mock those who do, including with a parody religion.
Not even if the religion mocked happens to be a group of Young Earth Creationists whos actual beliefs are no more or less absurd than the parody presented?
Of course not. There is no reason to make fun of any religion's beliefs. It's just a dick move to go to everyone who has a belief and say "Pssh, well that's just silly!"

It's important to note that I'm NOT just showing up in a Pastafarianism thread and saying "This is a stupid belief." I'm explaining how actually believing in the spaghetti monster goes against the point of Pastafarianism, and I'm speaking against the attitude of the whole joke in the first place. I'm not saying Pastafarianism isn't a religion because the idea of a flying spaghetti monster is ridiculous. I'm saying that it's a parody of religion, meaning the point of it is anti-religion. It doesn't make sense to have a religion that speaks out against religion. If people actually follow it as a religion, and believe in the Flying Spaghetti Monster, then it has become nothing more than a self parody, and an annoying one at that.
No, no, I quite understand your point on Pastafarianism, I simply disagree with it.

At this point I'm more intriqued by your apparent attitude that any religion, by nothing more than virtue of being labelled a religion, should be above satire, comedy and mocking. That it is somehow wrong to make fun of priests, when mocking politicians or political parties is perfectly acceptable.

Why do you think this, or have I misunderstood something in your stance regards to this?

Lullabye

Oct 23, 2008
Yes Im pastafarian.
People who ask will think Im a true believer, but honestly what real pastafarian actually believes in this stuff?
Its a joke.
A big FU to the fallacy and stupidity of religion.

IBlackKiteI

Mar 12, 2010
Blair Bennett said:
SnootyEnglishman said:
Nope because i follow the one true leader..Cthulhu.
Ia! Ia! Cthulhu ftaghn!

I don't know, Pastafarianism always seemed more the playful abrasion of other, more zealous religions than an actual religious body itself.
Riiiiight, tell that to the cultists...

I heard theres a few places in the States where they have like a fake Pastafarian church.

Wish I could meet whoever started the whole damn Pastafarianist 'Movement', I bet they're...interesting...

RobCoxxy

Feb 22, 2009
Pastafarianism's about as believable as any of those other bollocksy religions

Probation in 3....