Poll: Pastafarianism

RanD00M

Oct 26, 2008
Well Pastafarianism involves dressing as a pirate. And I'm a ninja and viking man. So no.

TheTim

Jan 23, 2010
it would be nice to have a link to pasta-whatever on the op, or atleast an explanation of it.

Lem0nade Inlay

Apr 3, 2010
JourneyThroughHell said:
Tankichi said:
SakSak said:
Depends on the day, I alternate between between being an agnostic atheist, a worshipper of the One True Goddess Haruhi and Pastafarianism. Really, depending on the mood I'm at.

But to be frank, if I thought there was any kind of afterlife, I'd prefer the Pastafarianist heaven.

But as it stands, it think it is a good parody that brings out and highlights many of the generally unspoken attributes of more traditional religions.
How do you be a Agnostic Athiest? You ponder the existence of God but think god doesn't exist?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agnostic_atheism

In other words, "I don't think a deity exists, but I can't know for sure."

I find that very reasonable, actually.

Well since no one can know for sure, wouldn't all people who believe in a deity be an agnostic athiest? I mean, they can't be sure?

cystemic

Jan 14, 2009
i think its a great joke, a parody, like barry trotter or whatever but taking it seriously is pretty much the same as any other religion. im an athiest so i can appreciate it but do i believe in it? no

CrazyMedic

Jun 1, 2010
who thinks pastafarianism isn't a joke, and besides I suspect you are either batshit crazy or are trying to be all hip and edgy"ha you think atheism is non conformist I'm a pastafarin excuse I must go to the starbucks so everyone can see I own a mac and am so nonconformist.

baseracer said:
I'm for it because intelligent design is bullshit. So is creationism.
um just a little a bit of preface intelligent design means god created the big bang and knew that humanity would result(IE putting cake batter in the oven and knowing it will result in cake)
actually I find intelligent design quite plausible depending on what you believe, I have 4 theories regarding life/god
1. no god no meaning to life

2. some form of god who doesn't give two shits what we do and there is no hell

3.there is a god and he is a massive asshole and when we die you are sent to eternal hell because god hates life

4. the universe is a hyper advanced computer simulation like the matrix except we are all programs watched over by some form of hyper advanced being, there are many things to support this argument although I am sleepy so I can only remember two, what happens when you fire a laser though some graphite you get a very strange pattern that is something like a trillion to one and the fact that the moon and the sun are just the right diameter and distance apart for us to get total ecplyspses, and there was something about the diameter of the earth that I vaguely remember.

Steamtech

Oct 5, 2010
No, but that doesn't mean I'll deny your right to believe it. Frankly, if it were up to me, people could believe whatever they want as long as they don't use their beliefs as an excuse to start wars (or similar activities).

Funkysandwich

Contra Bassoon
Jan 15, 2010
Steamtech said:
No, but that doesn't mean I'll deny your right to believe it. Frankly, if it were up to me, people could believe whatever they want as long as they don't use their beliefs as an excuse to start wars (or similar activities).
Well, that pretty much sums up most of human history. People have been using their beliefs to start wars since people started having beliefs.

Freeze_L

Feb 17, 2010
i smell a troll, beating the death out of an old (and stupid) meme. *i am glaring at my monitor now hoping that my waves of annoyance shall cause you to burst into flame (although all the waves of hate aimed at a certain Australian parliament member have not caused him to combust yet)*

I feel like i should add something else to the conversation... Would not a pasta monster eventually mold? Can i eat him? Is it tasty? Does he have a companion deity made out of pasta sauce? If so do they have a son who is the combination of the 2 and has limbs made out of garlic bread? Is he in anyway related to Parmifarnie, the cheese deity (a bottle of Kraft(R) Parmesan cheese)? If you answered yes or no to any of these question you are clinically insane!

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
I thought it was a joke, well I guess that's true about all religions.
I think it's a joke that's taken too far, but I guess peope will believe what they believe.

So long as they're not all up mah face about it. They could all worship a bunch of space dolphins for all I care.

Naeo

Dec 31, 2008
interspark said:
Moosh50 said:
interspark said:
I would be but i live with my mum and I dought she'd take it seriously
Soo, you are afraid to express your faith because you fear being ridiculed?

What a devout pastaboy you are, I'm sure Pasthulhu would be proud.

Personally I find Pasrafarianism quite silly. Can you be a worshipper of you have celiac? Or are those individuals considered 'cursed'?

I'm a misotheist myself.
actually, now that ive looked into it a bit more, i disagree with pastafarianism, turns out they agree with the christians in that the FSM planted fossils to fool us, which i always thought was quite silly
I nominate this for post of the year. Seriously, that's a pretty basic tenant of Pastafarianism. That's like saying "Now that I look into my religion, Christianity, a bit more, I find that Jesus turned water into wine which I disagree with, which I think is rather silly and did not know before."

Also, this is literally from the very first page of the Wikipedia article on the FSM (the page "Pastafarianism" redirects to): "The Flying Spaghetti Monster (FSM) is the deity of the parody religion the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster or Pastafarianism." Emphasis added.

As for me, I'm a pantheist.

IBlackKiteI

Mar 12, 2010
SakSak said:
But to be frank, if I thought there was any kind of afterlife, I'd prefer the Pastafarianist heaven.
Isn't the Pastafarian heaven a stripper factory full of beer or something?

Because THAT would be cool.

The Austin

Jul 20, 2009
interspark said:
Echer123 said:
interspark said:
Simple enough question, are you a Pastafarian and what are your views on it?

I would be but i live with my mum and I dought she'd take it seriously
And you...do?

I thought pastafarianism was just a joke.
i do and it most certainly isnt! the point of pastafarianism is to put other religions in perspective! even if there is a god, the idea of him/her visiting the earth (like in the bible) is VERY far-fetched, so all religion is is people's views on "god". long story short, it's all made up! (but not necessarily wrong), and the fact that it's ridiculous just emphasise this point.... ehhh look you should probably look it up on wiki, that would explain it better than i could
Uhhh.. No. Pastafarianism was created by a student to protest the Kansas School Board of Education's decision to teach creationism in schools.

That is all it was created for.

RooftopAssassin

Sep 13, 2009
Nope. I heard about it when that one kid dressed up as a pirate and then said he was a Pastafarian. I'm a Deist.

Was this thread serious or joking? I couldn't figure out the tone. I know you said you were serious, it's just... the tone of your writing says differently.

Loop Stricken

Covered in bees!
Jun 17, 2009
interspark said:
Simple enough question, are you a Pastafarian and what are your views on it?
I am not, but I am more tolerant of it than most other religions. His Noodly Appendage is alright in my books.

[sub]Damn messy bookmark though...[/sub]

JourneyThroughHell

Sep 21, 2009
Lem0nade Inlay said:
JourneyThroughHell said:
Tankichi said:
SakSak said:
Depends on the day, I alternate between between being an agnostic atheist, a worshipper of the One True Goddess Haruhi and Pastafarianism. Really, depending on the mood I'm at.

But as it stands, it think it is a good parody that brings out and highlights many of the generally unspoken attributes of more traditional religions.
How do you be a Agnostic Athiest? You ponder the existence of God but think god doesn't exist?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agnostic_atheism

In other words, "I don't think a deity exists, but I can't know for sure."

I find that very reasonable, actually.

Well since no one can know for sure, wouldn't all people who believe in a deity be an agnostic athiest? I mean, they can't be sure?
Well, there are people who think they know for sure (i.e. religious), people who don't know but they think it's likely (i.e. agnostic theists) and other guys.

Sooo, no, not everyone.