Poll: Pastafarianism

kickyourass

Apr 17, 2010
Didn't the FSM start out as some kind of parody? I find it interesting that something like that can spawn a full-on movement like this.

Well to answer your question, no I am not a Pastafarian (Sorry if I misspelled that), I am an athiest. Although I do find THIS god much more interesting then most other gods.

Malkavian

Jan 22, 2009
No, I am not. How can you be? It is not a beliefsystem. Pastafarianism may have a moral and a profound meaning behind the sillyness, but it is not a structured belief system to practice, because if you do, it defeats the entire point. There is nothing to "practice" in pastafarianism, and pastafarianism is not, in itself, antireligious which I think is what OP is going for.

It is a joke. Saying you are a pastafarian and thinking you can be that seriously... No. Just no.

If I am to subscribe to a view on religion, it would be apatheism.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
interspark said:
JourneyThroughHell said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agnostic_atheism

In other words, "I don't think a deity exists, but I can't know for sure."

I find that very reasonable, actually.
you know i like that, you take things as they are yet you're respectful to other peoples ideas, there aren't enough people like you T~T
You don't have to be an agnostic to respect other people's views. I am an Atheist and I firmly believe that there is no gods watching over us, no after life, no spiritual side where we might be ghosts or things like that. I still think religion is a great thing because it gives a lot of people meaning and cause. We learn about morals and ethics and to care for each other and help the weak. Religion has been used for reason to go to war, such as the crusades, but I don't put any blame on religion for that.
My most common way to deal with those who are religious is simply to not go into deep details about religion and let them believe what they want to as long as they let me believe what I want to. Religion doesn't seem right to me, but that's no reason that others should agree with me, and honestly I admire believers.

As stated in the long ramble I am an atheist, thus I am not Pastafarian.

Skuffyshootster

Jan 13, 2009
interspark said:
Echer123 said:
interspark said:
Simple enough question, are you a Pastafarian and what are your views on it?

I would be but i live with my mum and I dought she'd take it seriously
And you...do?

I thought pastafarianism was just a joke.
i do and it most certainly isnt! the point of pastafarianism is to put other religions in perspective! even if there is a god, the idea of him/her visiting the earth (like in the bible) is VERY far-fetched, so all religion is is people's views on "god". long story short, it's all made up! (but not necessarily wrong), and the fact that it's ridiculous just emphasise this point.... ehhh look you should probably look it up on wiki, that would explain it better than i could
Alright, so it's satire.

It's not an actual religion, and if you think it is, then you're most likely a 13-year old girl who claims to be random yet mature for her age, uses lots of emoticons, and thinks penguins are real hot shit.

Kudos if you understood that last bit there...

Dunstann

Nov 18, 2009
The Great Googly said:
I see the atheists got tired of using the proper forum to preach how anyone with a different viewpoint from them is an idiot who desrves to be mocked and ridiculed.

Ironic how atheists always complain about Christians getting onto their pulpit and pushing their beliefs on others when Atheists constantly do the exact same shit.

Im gonna set the record straight right fucking now. Not one time have I seen a Christian, muslim or any other follower of any other religion shoving their beliefs down others throats on the escapist, but on these forums but the Atheists around here do it CONSTANTLY.
Gross generalization is.........?

Every group has it's assholes, so stop complaining.

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
It makes about as much sense as any other religion out there...
Oh, and I have an FSM emblem on the back of my car.
May pesto be with you!

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
It was cute for a little while.

Now it's just a meme.

Like many things on the internet, it's lost on the people who should most take it to heart.

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
Pasta... wah?

Oh, the Flying Spagetti Monster.

I only use it as a counter for religious arguments, but never have taken it seriously.

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
The Great Googly said:
I see the atheists got tired of using the proper forum to preach how anyone with a different viewpoint from them is an idiot who desrves to be mocked and ridiculed.

Ironic how atheists always complain about Christians getting onto their pulpit and pushing their beliefs on others when Atheists constantly do the exact same shit.

Im gonna set the record straight right fucking now. Not one time have I seen a Christian, muslim or any other follower of any other religion shoving their beliefs down others throats on the escapist, but on these forums the Atheists around here do it CONSTANTLY.
Yeah, maybe not on here, but COME LIVE WHERE I FUCKING LIVE. All those christians do is shove that shit down your throats. Oh, wait... I haven't seen an atheist shove anything down anyones throat. Yeah sure people are open about it here, but I've never seen anyone force it onto someone else (then again, didn't really read any posts here, but don't give a fuck either).

And I'm just going to assume your whole post came from your ignorance of the origin of Pastafarianism, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong there. It wasn't created as a pro-Atheist, anti-Christian thing. It was created as a statement against teaching creationism in science class because there is no science (only magic) involved in creationism.

LordWalter

Sep 19, 2009
interspark said:

EDIT: sorry, if i could just clear this up now, Pastafarianism is NOT a joke, it's a religion like any other! THATS THE WHOLE POINT! *sigh* just look it up on wiki

ok, just to be doubly crystal clear... THIS IS NOT A JOKE!!! I AM NOT TRYING TO BE FUNNY!!!
...you DO realize it's a parody of religion, yes?

Dunstann

Nov 18, 2009
We're talking about theists and atheists. I can bet that on both sides there will be at least 1 asshole.

You just clumped every atheist that visits this forum together and that makes me a saaaad panda.

notsosavagemessiah

Jul 23, 2009
interspark said:

EDIT: sorry, if i could just clear this up now, Pastafarianism is NOT a joke, it's a religion like any other! THATS THE WHOLE POINT! *sigh* just look it up on wiki

ok, just to be doubly crystal clear... THIS IS NOT A JOKE!!! I AM NOT TRYING TO BE FUNNY!!!
pastafarianism is a joke, that in fact is the point.

Necrofudge

May 17, 2009
I was when I was around 12 years old and I still thought it was clever join a religion based around a food creature.

ntnimara

Oct 3, 2008
on a parallel topic: why can't people be multi-religious

can one believe in multiple religions at once? even if it is some sort of logical fallacy (Orwellian double thought anyone?)