Poll: Physical or Emotional Pain?

MoNKeyYy

Evidence or GTFO
Jun 29, 2010
Easy question, which is worse? Not necissarily for everyone but for you, which is worse?

I think emotional pain is more unbearable, which is exacly why I'm awake and posting right now. What do you all think?

Mr Thin

Apr 4, 2010
Fear - real, serious fear - is the worst thing imaginable.

Aside from that, I'd rather feel heartbreak than pass a kidney stone.

fenrizz

Feb 7, 2009
Emotional pain is the worst in my opinion.

There is nothing quite like the feeling of soul crushing heart ache.

TheMatsjo

Jan 28, 2011
Hard to say as I haven't reached the worst of either possibility. But seeing as physical pain passes and heals with time and emotional pain can stick with you for a life-time; including emotional pain you've developed due to physical pain (fear), I'd have to go with emotional pain.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Eh...how do you judge it? Wouldn't it be more accurate to say that your worst (or maybe most frequent) pain at the moment is Pain X, and that it, therefore, is worst for you?

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
Inflicted on me: emotional. the body heals faster and better than the mind when all shit goes to hell.

when I inflict on someone else: I like to try and go for spiritual/mental. get someone into the mind frame that they are a useless waste of life that no one would love or care for and eventually hope it leads to a suicide of the person inflicted upon.

though physical is always easier and more efficient it seems.

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
Physical pain is by far the worst of the two. Emotional pain is all in your head, there are several methods to easily and healthily deal with such (depending on your personality and whatnot). It's honestly easy to deal with, especially if you have any degree of discipline.

Physical pain on the other hand is much harder to deal with without narcotics. It's nigh impossible to ignore, by virtue of the fact that it's specifically designed that way, and it can be all consuming all too easily.

Emotional pain can be dealt with and processed over long periods. Physical does not have that luxury. It is right now, and always will be until you heal.

platinawolf

Oct 27, 2009
Emotional. Physical pain is just the body telling you to calm down and assess the situation to prevent permanent damage. Emotional damage on the other hand is far less logical most of the time thus harder to deal with in a sane way. And emotional pain is usually easier to just push aside and never deal with thus casing permanent damage.

TacticalAssassin1

Elite Member
May 29, 2009
smithy_2045 said:
Emotional, by far. It's much easier to find the root cause of physical pain and fix it.
Physical pain may be easier to stop but that's not the question.
Would you rather be shut in a dungeon with insults blasted in your ears 24/7 or be thrown in some shithole where a dude drills your teeth out with a rusty drill? I think I'd go with the insults.

LongAndShort

I'm pretty good. Yourself?
May 11, 2009
Physical pain.
Probably because I've never really felt emotional pain that I can remember, I just keep going with life. I find it a lot easier to roll with emotional punches than real ones.

Knusper

Sep 10, 2010
Physical pain. I can shake off emotional pain by eating something or playing a game - it's easier to move on.

Blue Hero

Aug 6, 2011
Physical pain. I've had one of my testicles ripped off in a freak scooter accident, and it hurt like something really fucking painful. It's easier to just ignore the emotional stuff than the physical stuff.