Poll: Pick ONE Show to Return to TheEscapist.com

Vandenberg1

May 26, 2011
A lottttt of good shows got canceled by this website. Although I get pissed that most were some of the best material,I am thankful to have seen it..Welcome back Lisa Foiles!... But which will I pray to my gods to return? Not that I will ever ask for something so trivial :p

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
I'd replace The Daily Drop with Unforgotten Realms.

As much as I liked the daily drop, it really got kind of pointless after awhile. What was your favourite part of the show? Mine was when the thing hit the ground. Also, it was clear from the outset they got the fast motion camera for the day and dropped a bunch of stuff; only enough for 2 seasons of content.

Don't get me wrong, I watched every episode, but there are lots and lots of high framerate camera things out there now.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Apocalypse Lane is concluded. There is a lot more we can get from DA. Bring back Doralingus!

[sub][sub]Unlikely but a man can dream.[/sub][/sub]

DudeistBelieve

TellEmSteveDave.com
Sep 9, 2010
Did daily drop get cancelled?

I was under the assumption the entire series was film in a week with a rented camera.

That said, I'd like Daily Drop to return.

that or Extra Creditz, just because of the shit storm it turned up. hey lets raise money for an operation then use whats ever left to fund our own game studio.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
AC10 said:
I wouldn't. Not out of animosity towards the show. It's a good show. But...the Escapist isn't the place for them. Too much bad blood, especially over the reveal back during the EC debacle. Big egg on the Escapist's face, the kin you get from a werechicken who then storms Manhatten...but that's another story.

I liked Daily Drop for its simple and cool pleasure of breaking things, plus bits of humor. Short, easy to produce, and by figures we alreaddy recognize for their other stuff.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
I really liked Unforgotten Realms
So I guess getting that back would be nice.
Not sure otherwise, I don't follow too many vids...

Alfador_VII

Nov 2, 2009
I voted for Doraleus (or however you spell it) although a 2nd season of Daily Drop would be nice.

The thing about DA is I could watch it every week forever, but the Drop works in short doses now and then. It seems easy to produce, the hard part must be the cleanup crew removing the broken, often very messy, crap from the floor so they can drop the next item FOR SCIENCE!

Ulquiorra4sama

Saviour In the Clockwork
Feb 2, 2010
Out of cancelled/discontuined shows i'd probably want to see Doraleous back on my screen. I wasn't a great supporter of it in the beginning, but it grew on me after a while...

As much as i'd love more Doomsday Arcade the show ended and i think it's better it stays that way rather than potentially ruining it with a sequel... even a spiritual one.

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
Doomsday Arcade. Brilliant show that deserves more recognition than it has.
Michael Shanks makes great videos and shorts on his YT channel

Colonel Mustard

Jun 2, 2010
Doraleous and Associates may have relied a bit too much on its cast being idiots for its humour, but when it was funny, it was really, really funny (anyone remember the Lady in the Lake? She cracked me up). I'd love to see that show come back.

SnowyGamester

Tech Head
Oct 18, 2009
SaneAmongInsane said:
Extra Creditz
That's still up and running at Penny Arcade if you weren't aware.

OT: Out of cancelled shows, Doraleous is probably the top of my list. I was also a fan of the short-lived Creature Caster Masters.

...and I know that There Will Be Brawl and Doomsday Arcade both wrapped up pretty well but there can always be another enemy to face and those shows were both absolutely brilliant (some of the best this site has ever seen). How can you possibly expect us to pick just one to renew?

Killclaw Kilrathi

Crocuta Crocuta
Dec 28, 2010
I suppose D&A would be the logical choice because it still has story to go, but man I really wish we were still watching episodes of Apocalypse Lane here.

FFP2

Dec 24, 2012
It's not an option but I would say Extra Credits... what really went down between them and the Escapist anyway?

I usually watch their show on their Youtube channel now.

Jun 24, 2009
I would love more Daily Drop, but Doralias is long overdue for a new episode. Apocalypse Lane was good too, but that's concluded. I would also enjoy Unforgotton Realms, but that's still in production, just elsewhere (although, new episodes have been very few and far between).

Lil_Rimmy

Mar 19, 2011
Just to let everyone know, DA has been successfully kickstarted. On their youtube channel, I think it's called Hank and Jed or something, you can see the two new episodes.

AWWWWESOME.

But yeah, I wish Unforgotten Realms would restart as well. Goddamn was it funny.

marurder

Jul 26, 2009
This list is terrible and incomplete. For reasons others have already mentioned and will continue to. Make a better list and I'll vote.

knight steel

Jul 6, 2009
Doraleous and Associates,they said they were making a movie and that they would be gone for a few months and that we shouldn't winge and then..............*poof* nothing gone-vanished-disappeared-dissolved-cancelled-discontinued-ended-dead-and not even a goodbye letter :(