Poll: Pokemon: Physical or Special, which do you prefer?

hopeneverdies

Oct 1, 2008
So I've been thinking about all of the teams I've used in years past. And I realized, they were almost entirely Special Attackers. Back then, I didn't even think about it, just catching those that I liked. I may have had one or two token physical fighters, but for the most part, Special ruled the day.

And right now, I'm not really regretting that choice. Many 'Mons have rather low Sp. Defense stats and Sp. moves seemed more reliable in terms of power and accuracy. I mean, maybe having more or better physical attackers would have made battles against Sp. tanks easier, but I still think Special seems more useful.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Hmmm..... Now that I think about it, I tend to use Special more than Physical for some reason.

But you are right, Special are way more useful that the other. I will say I typically have one or two Physical attackers just in case a battle isn't going my way, and I don't want to get screwed over.

Sometimes I use the more Physical pokemon as a holder while I heal up my down or about to be down pokemon, which is normally my rock pokemon if I have one.

Off-topic, every time I see your avatar that song immediately pops into my head, which isn't a bad thing.

ResonanceSD

Guild Warrior
Legacy
Dec 14, 2009
Country
Australia
Turns out my Alakazam is really bad at punching things. Special it is.