Poll: Pokemon:Sun and Moon-Favorite starter

PapaGreg096

Oct 12, 2013
Well its that time again where a new Pokemon game comes out and people pick their favorite starter and seeing how the final evos were revealed I want to ask who is your favorite starter

Outcast107

Mar 20, 2009
The mother fucking owl! He robin hood, he ghost and grass. Two of my favorite types. And he has imo one of the best designs in S&M (Wow that looks wrong..)

Wrex Brogan

Jan 28, 2016
Not gonna lie, I like all of 'em. They've got nice designs, great typing and special moves of their own (though I dunno how good Darkest Lariat is going to be, defensive buffs aren't that common in the Meta). Overall though, probably going to go with Primarina, since I'm a sucker for Water/Fairy after the wonderousness that was Azumarill last gen.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Rowlet. Poplio is dumb, but its final form is...bearable I suppose. Litten's final form is a Dark pokemon that pretends its a fighting type, yet is weak to fighting type. I think that is silly in a bad way. Not that I wanted another Fire/Fighting, just that I think a Cat-Machoke was probably not the best design idea. (Though sadly, far from the worst this gen)

But Archer Owl, I am for. Ghost is definatly an interesting type choice. Shame it was preceded by two grass/ghost species last gen though, making it not as unique as it could have been.

Igor-Rowan

Apr 12, 2016
Saelune said:
I actually saw people doing research in why it wouldn't be Fire/Fighting, apparently it's based on Masuda's favorite wrestler Tiger Mask, a title that is passed down generations of pro wrestler, and it's Dark instead of Fighting because apparently Japanese pro wrestling is way more... let's say dirty than the American one.

Decidueye reminds me of that one chapter of Avatar the last Airbender where the owl spirit held all of the world's knowledge, which means there must be some connection as they're both ghosts, or spirits whatever.

Primarina girl, yeah, all it ever wanted was the world.

Plucky

Enthusiast Magician
Jan 16, 2011
Favorites has been a rollercoaster really.

Like when the starters were revealed, i didn't have a preferred starter, i'd probably rate Rowlet slightly lower than the other 2 but it's not like a direct hate. once the 2nd stages were released i instantly liked Brionne, and placed Torracat last. when Datamines happened, Primarina lost a bit of points from me due to all the extra bells and whistles it gained whilst the other 2 were remotely balanced with Dartrix in a slight lead. (but not as much as Brionne sticking out from the other 2)

I guess now that there's footage, Primarina's dislike has gone down for me, Incineroar is a clear winner. i'm not even sure what i was expecting with Decidueye, i think it's mostly the long owl legs that's a turnoff for me, the idea of an archer is cool but i was't expecting for it's claws to be hidden, was expecting something more of a Hawlucha where you could actually see hand-claws. i almost got put off by Incineroar's Anime art leak just because of the cartoony limbs which gave off Werehog vibes, however the Heel wrestler and cartoonish James Turner eyes/hands really makes it pretty expressive.

All in all, all 3 starters are probably balanced for me. they all got divergent designs and creative typing which puts them apart from other single-type hidden ability users. i think after Oshawott, people probably havn't hated Popplio as much, not like they're Pignite or Quilladin, and even then, even Chespin was slightly derivative of Oshawott who in turn derived from Piplup. i don't think it would have ended as worse as Delphox, Chesnaught seems like it'd be undoubtedly average if not for Greninja's battle utility and promotion avert it's unusual appearance. (the tongue scarf, mostly)

09philj

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 31, 2015
All of these starters kind of suck. Popplio is my favourite of the three initial forms, all the middle evolutions are pretty dull, and the only good looking final evolution is Decidueye. These are probably the worst starters we've had.

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
Tough call as I hesitate to call any a "favorite", but I'll probably start with Litten due to the eventual wrestler theme

Joccaren

Elite Member
Mar 29, 2011
For the first evolution, Litten was my favourite, followed by Rowlet, then Popplio.
For the second evoluton, Torracat was pretty cool, as was Brione, while I disliked the more anthropormophic Drawtix.
Final evolutions? Dislike Incineroar and Decidueye for being yet another fucking anthropomorph, which I'm starting to feel are far too common, and like Primarina the best.

Which kinda sucks, as now I'm not sure which Starter I want to go for; the ones I'll like early on, but hate later, or the ones I'll hate from the start, but find alright later.
Why couldn't Litten have remained on all fours and being a fucking fierce cat, rather than a wrestler -.-

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
The owl by far!

Granted I am kinda leading toward Primarina ONLY because I think it could have a decent stats and moves. If it still a siren or voice based from its Pokedex then it could be it may have vocal moves like sing or outburst etc.

PFCboom

Sep 20, 2012
Decidueye is cool for being dapper. Incineroar is cool because goddam cool Lariat move. Primarina is cool because I'm a sucker for elegance and cuteness. Split down the middle. Thirds. Whatever.
Then again, I plan on getting Sun version. Between Alola Persian, Incineroar and Solgaleo...