Poll: Poll: Did you complete Skyrim's main quest?

Ctmnt08

May 24, 2012
Several of my friends (OK, 5 of us) were sitting around the other day and in the course of the discussion, it occurred to us that we all owned Skyrim, but not one of us completed the main quest line.

We all played for hours on end, but it seemed that we'd gotten distracted by side quests, other games, and reality before we finished. Since that conversation, I've picked the game back up again and I'm going to try and finish it before summer's end, but I wanted to know if the 5 of us were just an easily distracted minority, or if there were others like us...

SB Ripping

May 25, 2012
I was just like all you guys. I just finished the main quest about 3 weeks ago and i've had that game since december. I stop playin in April because I had gotten to level 64 and got kinda bored.

Jackalb

Dec 31, 2009
I got it the week it came out and played it for a month straight, only by the end of that had I got around to even starting the in quest.

I've finished it now along with all the other quests but I really want Dawnguard now, just DLC doesn't sit well with me.

evilneko

Fall in line!
Jun 16, 2011
Yeah, but it took me a while. I've also only completed it once, though I've made at least five chars now. My most recent ones were made with an alternate start mod and never intended to finish the MQ though.

Esotera

May 5, 2011
There needs to be an option for people who are still in the process of completing it. Skyrim is a massive game and I'd say the majority of people haven't finished playing with it - I know I haven't.

Pearwood

Mar 24, 2010
I did the main quest in about 80 hours so still a hell of a long time but not months and months. I just started playing Skyrim again actually and I'm annoyed to find they fixed the bug with PS3s crashing months ago but now it's here again and worse than ever.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
After about 60-ish hours. I tend to stop playing open world games after I finish the main story so I try to put it off but then I feel like I'm not progressing, then when I get around to doing it I don't want to stop.

Voulan

Jul 18, 2011
I put it off for ages, because then if I got bored exploring or finished several side quests, I could still have the comfort knowing I still had a huge part of the game to even start yet.

Needless to say, when I did finally get it done I got bored really quickly.

Ctmnt08

May 24, 2012
Esotera said:
There needs to be an option for people who are still in the process of completing it. Skyrim is a massive game and I'd say the majority of people haven't finished playing with it - I know I haven't.

That's why I was just asking about the main quest. I know it's big (I think I got about halfway through, but I don't want to read any spoilers so I haven't checked that thoroughly) but it's doable. I don't think I know of anyone who's finished the entire game including every tiny side quest. That's certainly doable as well, but it'd have to take an insane amount of time.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
Ha, I finished it and it was a joke. I don't mean it was bad, but the final boss...all this stuff about world-ending power and whatnot, and I stomped him into the ground. Probably because I did all the other side quests in the game before I was even halfway through the main quest. I looked it up, and it suggests you be around level 30 when you finish the main quest. I was level sixty something, so yeah. Bit of a letdown, but still fun.
Then again, that's the type of game Skyrim is: you can get lost and not even realize it.

-|-

Aug 28, 2010
I finished it - but it was hard work. I had the PS3 0 fps version, so I had to stop playing for a month while bethesda fixed it. Coming back to it after that gap made me realize that it was quite a soulless and unsatisfying game, so I quickly went through the remaining story and haven't been back since. I doubt I'll buy anymore elder scrolls games after this.

Faladorian

May 3, 2010
Volan said:
I put it off for ages, because then if I got bored exploring or finished several side quests, I could still have the comfort knowing I still had a huge part of the game to even start yet.

Needless to say, when I did finally get it done I got bored really quickly.
This.

I put it off until about level 50, then I got Alduin in six hits. Come on.

After that all of Skyrim was a snoozefest and ive never gone back.

Bestival

May 5, 2012
Finished it when I heard about the DLC coming out. Found it rather short compared to the Oblivion story line. Might be because I finished it way late into the game though, and was massively over-geared for most of it because of that.

Ectoplasmicz

Nov 23, 2011
I finished it gradually, and it was meh. It was better than Oblivion's main questline, but I still consider Oblivion the better and more enjoyable game.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
I picked "Yes Quickly" because once I was done with the Thieves Guild quest line and, Black Hand quest line I decided that I was bad-ass enough to take on the main quest (the one regarding Alduin, not the Civil War). So I went out, dressed like Darth Revan, and managed to get through the entire Alduin portion of the main quest in a couple of hours (not two obviously but it was fairly quickly). A bit too quickly I thought I mean yes, all of the dungeons seemed to twist, turn and, curl in upon themselves but it seemed like the entire main quest was just really quick compared to Oblivion. Then I did the Civil War quests in a single day, less time than the Alduin quest line, and found it completely inconsequential.

Thinking about it, I don't think some people will agree that I finished the Alduin quest since I refused to kill...what's-his-name on the top of the mountain (Gods, I've forgotten a lot about that game). I would have killed it if I was given a good reason but I haven't been given a good enough reason to kill something that's been nothing but help throughout my quest. Fuck you Neo-Blades, if you want him dead YOU do it. I would have killed you two but you're apparently immortal so you have no excuse.

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
Yep. Didn't rush through it by any means, but I played through both main storylines and quite enjoyed them. That, however, is pretty much when my gameplay ended. I mucked around a bit after that but I generally stopped playing once I'd ended the civil war and dealt with the whole dragon issue.