Poll: Poll: Do you name your character in Legend of Zelda games Link? Or something else?

Munchkin09

Nov 30, 2011
My fellow Escapists, it is time for me to play Skyward Sword. I am faced with a dilemma: Should I name Link "Link"? Or should I give him something new and unique? What do you do? Suggestions for an alternate name are also welcome.

Zhadramekel

Apr 18, 2010
MajorTomServo said:
I used to always name him Link, now I name him Ben to freak people out. lolol
How is Ben supposed to freak people out?

But yeah, call me boring but I stick with Link. I think it's only since Twilight Princess that there's been the option to change the name

Dabono

May 16, 2011
Since I frequent this site I have the irresistible urge in calling him "Fagballs".

Azure-Supernova

La-li-lu-le-lo!
Aug 5, 2009
When I was younger I named him my name, 'Tom'. Though now I'm older I use Link. I still have a 'Tom' save on my N64 Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask though.

Zhadramekel said:
But yeah, call me boring but I stick with Link. I think it's only since Twilight Princess that there's been the option to change the name
Nope, it's always been an option. Since A Link To The Past? Maybe earlier, it's been over a decade since I've played The Legend of Zelda.

Daggedawg

Dec 8, 2010
Lately, I've taken to naming main characters "Pingas."

Yeah, I find that amusing.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I leave it as Link most of the time. To me he is just too well known to be name anything else other than given him a rude name for the lols.

MGlBlaze

Oct 28, 2009
Zhadramekel said:
There's this story some guy made where his copy of Majora's Mask was possessed by a malevolent ghost or something called 'Ben'. I forget what the series is called, but I know one memorable quote is "You shouldn't have done that."

AyreonMaiden

Sep 24, 2010
Daggedawg said:
Lately, I've taken to naming main characters "Pingas."

Yeah, I find that amusing.
I find it far too amusing too. Of all the words I've stopped hearing since leaving Venezuela, "Pinga" is the one I miss the most.

OT: I name him Link. I'm not him, even though I wish I was. This game is about on par with Wind Waker in terms of giving Link a story of his own.

mcdain

Oct 2, 2011
I always name him Link, but I'm sometimes tempted to call him 'I say', so everyone else sounds like Foghorn Leghorn.

Munchkin09

Nov 30, 2011
I think my first Link was just "Aaa" because I was in 3rd grade and ruining my brother's complete gamesave. I know, I was an awful and inconsiderate child.

remnant_phoenix

Apr 4, 2011
Zhadramekel said:
MajorTomServo said:
I used to always name him Link, now I name him Ben to freak people out. lolol

I've been playing Zelda since the very beginning, and there has ALWAYS been the option to name the character whatever you want.

Doctor Insanovic

Feb 1, 2010
I called him Shaft in Skyward Sword. No particular reason, it's just the first thing that came to mind when trying to think of a stupid name. I will admit it always makes me laugh when another character shouts out "Shaft!" when talking to him. Yes I'm easily amused.

staika

I am Tizzy's Willing Slave
Aug 3, 2009
Usually link, mostly out of pure laziness to think of something else to name him and I don't like naming character's Jeff (which is my name) since it doesn't sound like a good fantasy name.

WhiteFangofWhoa

Jan 11, 2008
I used 'lol' in my last playthrough of Wind Waker. Yahtzee's chosen OoT name could be funny in a lot of places too. "The great evil king Ganondorf... beaten by this kid...?! Fuck me!" *Dies*

For Skyward Sword I've gone with Roam. Revitalizing Potion for anyone who guesses the REALLY old reference.

Jan 27, 2011
Nine times out of ten, I go with "Aegix" as my name in any game. Including Zelda games.

I mean, why not? I like my net name! It helps insert me more into the game!