Poll: Poll:Is your PS2 still working?

Quaidis

Jun 1, 2008
My original PS2 still works, I still play Dvds on it on a regular basis.

My controller is up for observation, though, after the cat spilled a full glass of cola on it. They never make controllers as good as they use to (excluding Atari). I can still use the controller for dvds, but haven't tested to see if all the buttons work for games.

SenseOfTumour

Jul 11, 2008
I've got a working PS2,Xbox 1, Dreamcast and N64, hell I'm keeping a chunky old CRT TV around just to have them connected to, so it doesn't look all crappy thru my LCD.

duktapeman90

Fhqwhgads
Aug 16, 2009
My first PS2 (original) still works, but you gotta get the A/V cable in just the right position or you can't see anything. I eventually got feed up with it and bought a new pre-owned Slim model to replace it. So, yeah, it still technically works but I don't use it anymore.

SenseOfTumour

Jul 11, 2008
I've got a working PS2,Xbox 1, Dreamcast and N64, hell I'm keeping a chunky old CRT TV around just to have them connected to, so it doesn't look all crappy thru my LCD.

drwow

Nov 25, 2009
Nope, I've gone though three of them and gave up after the third one.
The laser readers are just too damn weak on them, which was the problem with each one.

sasukeofleaf

Aug 4, 2011
MY ps2 is an original fat model, still going strong, and for anyone that has games not working like star wars or rogue galaxy, goto youtube and search for lense cleaning ps2, I took mine apart 3 times and cleaned the bugger with a Q-tip and small dab or rubbing alcohol and all my games worked fine afterwards, even my Silent Hill 2 game

Fetzenfisch

Sep 11, 2009
Well it better should. Its not that old afterall. half an hour ago i played Pirates! on my NES. tell that to your defective youngling of a PS2 if it doesnt work properly next time.It should be ashamed.

BgRdMchne

Jun 24, 2011
My slim works, no problem.
My fat wasn't working until today. Just had to clean the laser, adjust its angle, and blow out the dust, and it works now. Think I'm gonna let a friend of mine borrow it or just sell it to him for cheap.

OmniscientOstrich

Jan 6, 2011
Umm, probably? Haven't used the thing in quite a while, but it was fine last time I checked so I assume it's alright.

Tohru_Readman

Sep 14, 2009
My slim is still working but after playing it for about 40 minutes. The fan gets really noisy, so I think it's going to die this year. To be fair I have, had it for at least 7 years.

CazGirl

Feb 24, 2011
Yep my original is still going strong after 10 years! I don't use it for DVDs though as I hear that burns them out pretty quick?

smearyllama

May 9, 2010
I've got a brick I got a couple of years ago to play RE4, and it still works fine.
I got a bunch of games from a friend recently, along with his SNES, so I've been playing some Timesplitters: Future Perfect.
It's awesome.

MoD1212

Feb 2, 2010
currently playing chrono chross on my slim Ps2 from like 7-8 years ago, and still have a working copy of ffx

TheColdHeart

Sep 15, 2008
Mine is an original and must be about 9 years old now. It does still 'work' although it sounds like a jet fighter taking off and the load times seem to be longer than they were when I first got it. All in all, it's a tank.

Brandon237

Mar 10, 2010
PS2 Slim, still works last time I used it, 7 years old. So I know it worked for at least 6 years :p

WOOH! Post number 100. In the forum, my count is... higher.

bruunwald

Feb 26, 2010
Your poll doesn't give an option for "yes, my second one is working, but just barely, after the first one konked out on me after less than two years of service, and like all Sony equipment (how do they stay in business building such wonky crap?) my PS3 has been faulty and buggy from the very beginning."

So I didn't vote.

In all seriousness, you should include something in the poll about which PS2 we're on at this point (our second, third, fourth, etc.) since as I understand it, many of us were forced to buy more than one after each one tanked.