Poll: Poll: What is the best weapon from any Halo game?

DarkNazgul

Sep 29, 2009
I was playing Reach with a friend of mine and we were debating this. What is the best weapon ever from any of the halo games? This is including ranking based on Damage, Fire Rate, Maximum Ammo, Range, etc. Overall best weapon for everything. State your exact choice and why. Anything goes, except Orbital Strike and other special weapons.
R = Rifle
L = Launcher

Laser Priest

A Magpie Among Crows
Mar 24, 2011
I've always been a shotgun man, myself. Then again, I'm also a total ass.

I also like the DMR in Reach, even if nearly everyone else is better at using it than I am.

DarkNazgul

Sep 29, 2009
Personally I like the sniper rifle, it has such horrible ammo problems though. Pistol or DMR work well as secondaries to get around that though. Personally I voted Sniper/Pistol, but my friend swears by the shotgun.

Jacco

May 1, 2011
Sniper pistol in the original Halo. Hands down. That thing is BOSS.

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
Halo CE pistol is always the best because it can one-shot hunters.

Aside from that, DMR. It's the most satisfying out of the entire series, and might actually take the most skill to use.

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
Melee Melee Melee.

Why bother bringing a gun to a sword fight? There just that cool. (provided you got a backup weapon for sniping)

Holyeskimo

Jul 14, 2010
I loved using the brute shot in halo 3, it made for a great weapon of trolling during custom matches.

deshorty

Dec 30, 2010
Shotgun in Reach, Battle Rifle in 3 and ODST, I don't know about 2 and the pistol in 1. This is for multiplayer only. The shotgun is amazing when you pair it with active camo. I love playing mind games with my friends.

Dr. Feelgood

Jul 13, 2010
The CE assault rifle. 60 round magazine, powerful, wildly inaccurate, shoots ridiculously fast. Win.

xNightxSpawnx

Aug 30, 2010
I gotta say my favorite of all the weapons was the Brute Shot. It was nearly as powerful as a rocket launcher, the shots could bounce/ricochet, and it was one of the most powerful melee weapons until they created melee specific weapons like the Brute Hammer.

lowkey_jotunn

Feb 23, 2011
Jacco said:
Sniper pistol in the original Halo. Hands down. That thing is BOSS.
100% this. I still have fond memories of pegging kids across Hang em High with that thing.

If you want best load out. That plus Shotgun.

Jan 27, 2011
If we're talking what weapon I like to use in battle, either a BR for precise and powerful bullet streams, or a good old plasma rifle...or the ever loved sword.

....but my favourite weapon in the halo series is the Needler. A gun that shoots purple crystals into the enemy's body and then makes the SPONTANEOUSLY EXPLODE INTO A GLORIOUS PURPLE CLOUD. ....If that isn't awesome, I don't know what is.

Also, I'm liking the rifle variant of it. More power, less pewpew. Not a bad tradeoff.

DarkNazgul

Sep 29, 2009
aegix drakan said:
A gun that shoots purple crystals into the enemy's body and then makes them SPONTANEOUSLY EXPLODE INTO A GLORIOUS PURPLE CLOUD. ....If that isn't awesome, I don't know what is.
You make a convincing argument aegix...

Rainboq

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2009
I loved the automatic staplers in Halo 2 (SMG), but my favorite weapon of all is the f*cking gauss cannon. Man is that thing deadly.

... To bad its almost never in multiplayer anymore.

Discord

Monk of Tranquility
Nov 1, 2009
Hands down Dual Wield Plasma Pistol and Magnum; if you can't get those then the SMG, Shotgun combo was my favorite since I loved Close Combat/

Shock and Awe

Winter is Coming
Sep 6, 2008
The Halo 1 pistol by far. Its more powerful and more accurate on a shot per shot basis than anything except the Sniper Rifle.