Poll: Poll: What is the best weapon from any Halo game?

IBlackKiteI

Mar 12, 2010
The DMR.

Ridiculously accurate, very little bloom considering it's effectiveness, virtually infinite range, a rather decent scope, kills unshielded enemies with a single headshot with a very small pause inbetween shots and has enough ammo to kill 3 fully shielded guys within one magazine, and overall it has enough ammo to do this 15 times.

Oh yeah, and it easily beats almost all close range weapons in their intended roles and can also nail someone across the map.

It's pretty damn fortunate that noone really seems to use it properly.

The Rookie Gamer

Mar 15, 2010
A tie between the Needler, which became a boss in Halo 3 and Reach, and the energy sword, which I remember in Halo 2 being the official weapon Jesus used.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
I would say Brute Shot.

At long range you could take people out at medium range without much trouble with the explosions, it was great against vehicles, and at short range all it took was one shot and a melee to kill with it.

King of the Sandbox

& His Royal +4 Bucket of Doom
Jan 22, 2010
Shock and Awe said:
The Halo 1 pistol by far. Its more powerful and more accurate on a shot per shot basis than anything except the Sniper Rifle.
Agreed. Greatest basic handgun of all video games. Too awesome, apparently, since they nerfed it in later games.

Rooster Cogburn

May 24, 2008
The sniper rifle is the best weapon in most Halo titles. For a skilled player, a sniper rifle is a one hit instant kill from extremely long range right up to point blank range. How do you beat that? You don't. You get no-scoped. No other weapon comes close to this awesome power.

MetallicaRulez0

Aug 27, 2008
The Halo 2 Battle Rifle is the best designed weapon in FPS history. It's the only weapon in any Halo title that was actually picked up over power weapons. Your inventory in competitive matches was essentially "BR and something else", because the BR was just that powerful.

Drago-Morph

Mar 28, 2010
The Carbine in Halo 2. I only ever played campaign, but I did it on Legendary, and that gun saved my ass so many times I'm pretty sure it legally owns some of it now.

The_Vigilant

Jul 13, 2011
Pfft, is this even a question? The scoped pistol from Halo 1 was wildly OP. The only reason the battle rifle even gets a breath in the same sentence is that Halo 1 didn't have a competitive online scene.

SilverKyo

Apr 15, 2009
MetallicaRulez0 said:
The Halo 2 Battle Rifle is the best designed weapon in FPS history. It's the only weapon in any Halo title that was actually picked up over power weapons. Your inventory in competitive matches was essentially "BR and something else", because the BR was just that powerful.
The Halo 1 pistol would like a word with you. That gun destroyed everything else in the entire series... ever. Your inventory in Halo 1 consisted of that pistol and another god damned pistol. Don't talk to me about how that wouldn't work, I don't care, it was that awesome.

The Mehster

Mar 14, 2010
My absolute favourite weapon of Halo is the Carbine. It's helped in legendary for 3 and it's helped wayy too many times in team slayer.

Crankafoo

Mar 28, 2010
The original pistol is the best, imo.
But the DMR isn't bad either, much more satisfying to shoot opposed to the BR, but again, that's just my opinion.

Megabobster

Mar 18, 2011
My favorites are the sniper, shotgun, and sword. The SMG comes close, and the rocket launcher is right behind that. I'm not much of a Halo fan myself, but I got an old XBOX for Christmas from my cousin and I've been playing through Halo 2.

My favorite thing about the Halo series is that it basically keeps gameplay of 2000-2005(ish) FPS's modernized in terms of graphics, i.e. rediculously easy, but still really fun, unrealistic (no ironsights, jumping crazy high, all that), and still a moderately engaging and interesting storyline.