Poll: Poll: What is your favourite Superhero?

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
SpectacularWebHead said:
canadamus_prime said:
SpectacularWebHead said:
canadamus_prime said:
SpectacularWebHead said:
canadamus_prime said:
SpectacularWebHead said:
theSteamSupported said:
Sailor Moon. I'm not kidding. Tintin comes on second place.
Neither of them are superheroes and only one of them doesn't suck.
I'll let you guess which.
Even though I hate Sailor Moon, I'm going to contest you saying that she's not a superhero. She has super powers and does heroic type things, how does that not make her a super hero; even if she is an incredibly obnoxious annoying teenage girl.
Super heroes aren't just limited to the ones created/owned by Marvel and DC you know.
Sailor moon isn't a superhero because, well, that isn't how the people in her universe see her, it isn't what she refers to herself as, and she gets on my last nerve. Tintin... Just isn't a superhero. He's barely a regular hero.

Also, Jackie Estacado Is TopCow, which isn't Marvel or Dc.
Ok let me rephrase that, Superheroes aren't just limited to ones created in the west then.
Besides aren't superheroes defined by their audience, not by their universe.
By universe I meant the general Public. she's more of a godess than a superhero. I am also a believer that thor isn't technically a hero either, for the same reasons.
Yeah, well by my definition a superhero is any being with super powers that fights evil and/or does heroic things, so by that definition both Sailor Moon (even though I hate her) and Thor count.
Feh, everyones entitled to an opinion. I think thats part of the thing of demigods and superheroes and stuff, they're fictional, call them whatever the fuck you want to :p
Indeed, and it's by that logic that I say you can't discredit other people's favorite superheroes just because they don't meet your personal definition of a superhero. When it comes to other people's favorite superheroes, it's the other person's personal definition of a superhero that's important, not yours. When you're deciding your favorite then your definition is important.

SpectacularWebHead

Jun 11, 2012
canadamus_prime said:
SpectacularWebHead said:
canadamus_prime said:
SpectacularWebHead said:
canadamus_prime said:
SpectacularWebHead said:
canadamus_prime said:
SpectacularWebHead said:
theSteamSupported said:
Even though I hate Sailor Moon, I'm going to contest you saying that she's not a superhero. She has super powers and does heroic type things, how does that not make her a super hero; even if she is an incredibly obnoxious annoying teenage girl.
Super heroes aren't just limited to the ones created/owned by Marvel and DC you know.
Sailor moon isn't a superhero because, well, that isn't how the people in her universe see her, it isn't what she refers to herself as, and she gets on my last nerve. Tintin... Just isn't a superhero. He's barely a regular hero.

Ok let me rephrase that, Superheroes aren't just limited to ones created in the west then.
By universe I meant the general Public. she's more of a godess than a superhero. I am also a believer that thor isn't technically a hero either, for the same reasons.
Yeah, well by my definition a superhero is any being with super powers that fights evil and/or does heroic things, so by that definition both Sailor Moon (even though I hate her) and Thor count.
Feh, everyones entitled to an opinion. I think thats part of the thing of demigods and superheroes and stuff, they're fictional, call them whatever the fuck you want to :p
Indeed, and it's by that logic that I say you can't discredit other people's favorite superheroes just because they don't meet your personal definition of a superhero. When it comes to other people's favorite superheroes, it's the other person's personal definition of a superhero that's important, not yours. When you're deciding your favorite then your definition is important.
...You don't like sailor moon, me saying sailor moon is crap actually conforms to your opinion, and the whole superheroes definition bit being bought up just then is unnecessary because you are basically saying what I just said as if I'm disagreeing with you.

Dragonclaw

Dec 24, 2007
I've been a Spiderman and Batman fan sice I was 6! But Spidey barely edges out the dark knight for me :)

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
MidnightFaith said:
I've always liked Batman as a kid, but as I got a bit older I liked both Batman and Spiderman, Batman remains my favorite Superhero, I thought Spiderman was cute and that was why I liked Spiderman, now Batman he has purpose (so does Spiderman) he does crazy things, jumping off roofs and his wings comes out, how he keeps a straight professional face while working, helping others and isn't afraid of vilians.
You liked...Spider-Man...Because he's cute....

*brain checks out*

Anyway, pretty sure most terrorists keep straight faces while they work.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
SpectacularWebHead said:
canadamus_prime said:
SpectacularWebHead said:
canadamus_prime said:
SpectacularWebHead said:
canadamus_prime said:
SpectacularWebHead said:
canadamus_prime said:
SpectacularWebHead said:
theSteamSupported said:

...You don't like sailor moon, me saying sailor moon is crap actually conforms to your opinion, and the whole superheroes definition bit being bought up just then is unnecessary because you are basically saying what I just said as if I'm disagreeing with you.
My opinion of Sailor Moon is irrelevant. Yes I don't like Sailor Moon, but that doesn't mean I don't think she's a superhero. Sure she's a superhero, albeit a really whiny obnoxious annoying superhero. The whole reason we even got into this discussion is because you tried to discredit theSteamSupported's favorite superhero, which happened to be Sailor Moon, by saying she wasn't a superhero. Or had you forgotten?

SpectacularWebHead

Jun 11, 2012
canadamus_prime said:
SpectacularWebHead said:
canadamus_prime said:
SpectacularWebHead said:
canadamus_prime said:
SpectacularWebHead said:
canadamus_prime said:
SpectacularWebHead said:
canadamus_prime said:
SpectacularWebHead said:
theSteamSupported said:

My opinion of Sailor Moon is irrelevant. Yes I don't like Sailor Moon, but that doesn't mean I don't think she's a superhero. Sure she's a superhero, albeit a really whiny obnoxious annoying superhero. The whole reason we even got into this discussion is because you tried to discredit theSteamSupported's favorite superhero, which happened to be Sailor Moon, by saying she wasn't a superhero. Or had you forgotten?
Didn't forget, And if She/He has a problem with me expressing MY opinion I'll get into the discussion with him/her, as of yet, nothing, but everything you've just said was dumb, as it hinges on him/her having a problem with me saying sailor moon is crap, and, well, she/he seemingly doesn't care as much as you. Seriously, Why have you taken so much offense to me insulting another persons favourite superhero (Because, for arguments sake, lets just go with agree to disagree on that one) in a seperate argument that you don't really have anything to do with, especially considering the superhero insulted was one that you don't even like? It would make some semblance of sense if you were a fan of sailor moon, but you aren't even that. You seem to have just decided to pick a fight or something.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
SpectacularWebHead said:
canadamus_prime said:
SpectacularWebHead said:
canadamus_prime said:
SpectacularWebHead said:
canadamus_prime said:
SpectacularWebHead said:
canadamus_prime said:
SpectacularWebHead said:
canadamus_prime said:
SpectacularWebHead said:
theSteamSupported said:

Didn't forget, And if She/He has a problem with me expressing MY opinion I'll get into the discussion with him/her, as of yet, nothing, but everything you've just said was dumb, as it hinges on him/her having a problem with me saying sailor moon is crap, and, well, she/he seemingly doesn't care as much as you. Seriously, Why have you taken so much offense to me insulting another persons favourite superhero (Because, for arguments sake, lets just go with agree to disagree on that one) in a seperate argument that you don't really have anything to do with, especially considering the superhero insulted was one that you don't even like? It would make some semblance of sense if you were a fan of sailor moon, but you aren't even that. You seem to have just decided to pick a fight or something.
I don't care what you think of Sailor Moon, my issue is the fact that you've written her, and by extension every hero not originating in the West, off as not being a superhero; which incidentally is exactly why I've deliberately declined to mention what my favorite superhero is.

Eddie the head

Feb 22, 2012
I was never much into comics that much but I do like Captain America, Iron man, Hulk, Thor, can I just say the Avengers? I know it's a team but I just like those guys.

It seams the two most popular people are rich guys in suites. I think that's worth saying something about.

tehfeen83

Oct 17, 2010
I picked Spiderman on the poll. My real favourite superhero though is Lobster Johnson, mainly just for the name.

Kolby Jack

Come at me scrublord, I'm ripped
Apr 29, 2011
Superman off the poll, but in reality he's only my second favorite. Favorite is the Flash (Wally West). An awesome character, yet now rendered non-existent thanks to the reboot. My one MAJOR gripe with it.

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
Kind of a toss up between Batman and Superman but I enjoyed the recent DC reboot comics of Batman much more so I voted Bats. He also has the best villains.

I really like Wonder Woman and Supergirl too :)

and Ms Marvel.

HerbertTheHamster

Apr 6, 2009
I choose superman because Bill convinced me.

Also batman isn't a superhero, he's what conservatives dream about when jerking off. Fuck Batman.

Kaimax

Jul 25, 2012
No Deadpool in the Poll. I'm disappointed...lol
Seriously Speaking Captain America aka Steve Rogers.

TheDrunkNinja

Jun 12, 2009
This seriously shouldn't have been a poll. Polls can only have so many options.

My favorite superhero and the reason for my choice:

SpectacularWebHead

Jun 11, 2012
canadamus_prime said:
SpectacularWebHead said:
canadamus_prime said:
SpectacularWebHead said:
canadamus_prime said:
SpectacularWebHead said:
canadamus_prime said:
SpectacularWebHead said:
canadamus_prime said:
SpectacularWebHead said:
canadamus_prime said:
SpectacularWebHead said:
theSteamSupported said:

I don't care what you think of Sailor Moon, my issue is the fact that you've written her, and by extension every hero not originating in the West, off as not being a superhero; which incidentally is exactly why I've deliberately declined to mention what my favorite superhero is.
How the hell did I write off every non-western superhero? When did location come into it?
Where is the connection that because sailor moon is shit and not a superhero therefore anything not produced in the west can't be? This is becoming more and more idiotic the further we progress into this argument. I'm not a collosal fan of non-western superheroes, due to the fact I know of maybe two, but I acknowledge them every bit as valid as their western counter-parts. Sailor Moon just isn't a superhero, due largely to how she has her powers. the same applies to wonderwoman (Amazonian), And Thor who is basically a demigod. You can't classify them or Sailor Moon as superheroes because they are seperate from mortals and our designations don't apply. If Sailor Moon is classified as a Superhero, You can also say That Light Yagami or even Ichigo can be classified as non-western superheroes. (Although...Light was kinda evil, so maybe not)