Poll: Racist Humor

Parallel Streaks

Jan 16, 2008
Not really, the only racist thing that makes me laugh is Franklin the puppet from Arrested Development, and he's just making fun of GOBs racism.

... "It ain't easy being white, it ain't easy bein' brown"...

Spoonius

Jul 18, 2009
Con Carne said:
Please, don't post any jokes. I don't want anyone to be offended.
Q: What's long, black and stinky?

A: The line at Centrelink.

Told to me by a half-Aboriginal guy.

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
Aby_Z said:
Everyone's a little bit racist...

I say it's fine as long as you can make fun of yourself too. Personally, I tend to often make fun of myself as I'm Jewish (Yes, it is techinically a race) and then I allow myself to rip on other people after that. As long as I can laugh at myself, you should be able to laugh at you too.
This, pretty much - like at my last job, my Pakistani friend told me a racist joke about white people.

Two black guys are walking along when they see this machine like a photo-booth, "50 cents to turn you from black to white". The guys discuss it a moment and decide that they have had enough jip for being black, so they decide to give it a try - the first one says, "Ok, lend me a dollar and I'll give you the 50 cents change afterwards" The second agrees, and the first goes into the machine. He comes out totally white [causasian, not painted white]. The second black guys goes "Wow, it really worked - ok, give me the 50 cents" to which the white guy goes, "Typical - blacks always wanting something for nothing" and then strolls off.

Now, I laughed at this, and I'm pasty white, heh. And they also have Sith jokes, like we have Irish jokes. Basically, so long as their being told in a friendly fashion and not being told as a serious means of bad-mouthing a race, I think its fine and dandy.

Danzaivar

Jul 13, 2004
Sober Thal said:
Con Carne said:
Okay, I want to know how many of you enjoy racist humor. Not because you may or may not actually be racist, but maybe you're like me, and like making fun of the racial stereotypes and truly do find it amusing.

You enjoy racist humor, but you claim to not be racist?

You like making fun of racial stereotypes, you find it amusing, but you don't consider yourself a racist?

LOL!!!

You are a funny post! I often say that: "I don't hate you people, I just hate the people that I see!"

Does saying it that way make it better?!?!?!?!?!

Answer: NO.

I will now go back into my closet and fail to have to deal with people like you.

Good Day person.
Racist jokes are funny because of the knee-jerk reactions morons give to them, along with the social taboo around them. Basically you're just making them funnier with this rant. (And also demonstrating you don't quite grasp the concept of jokes...)

Good job on that one by the way.

Jack_Uzi

Mar 18, 2009
HT_Black said:
Racial guilt is for those who have something to feel guilty about; and seeing as I don't, I think a well-applied bit of racism is the bee's knees, to put it simply.
Good point. I think Hans Teeuwen tells it like it is in this clip... nothing more to show but this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOXqSBAPFLI

Dexiro

Dec 23, 2009
Depends on the tone. If it's jokey and not meant to offend then i don't mind them.

DarkHourPrince

May 12, 2010
Pegghead said:
I enjoy a few racist jokes from time to time, hell I don't even mind making ones that diminish my background!
Seconded.
The problem with people is that they take shit too seriously. Everyone makes a racial crack, whether it be abut someone else's race or their own. It only becomes a problem whens omeoen uses it as an insult but as a joke, have at it.

ZerOmega

Sep 14, 2008
There's a thin line between racisism and heatlhy prejudice. Thinking that a person can be a jerk is different than assuming that he is a jerk.

But jokes, jokes are all good. We need to be able to laughe at others and to ourselves from time to time.

slipknot4

Feb 19, 2009
I love racist jokes well as long as they are funny and no, i don't think that they are offensive.

RYjet911

May 11, 2008
I'm a big believer in the non-censorship of comedy. I think any topic can be funny if it's used in the right way. I get a lot of slack from friends at uni whenever I joke about race, gender, disease etc. despite the fact I make it clear there is no harm intended. Especially when I joke about cancer, I joke about that purely because my mother (Who suffers from it) wanted nothing less than me joking about it to help keep her spirits up while she went through with her kemo, yet half the people I'm normally around jump on me telling me "That's not funny, it's a serious medical condition" whenever I'm caught joking about it.

It's why I love Frankie Boyle for his incredibly twisted humour. It's why I adore shows like South Park or Family Guy for their largely uncensor- HAHAHA sorry can't say that with a straight face, although they at least try to get away with stuff. Like Family Guy's FCC song. Okay, shows like Drawn Together for a pretty uncensored comedy experience. Drawn Together especially for some of the imagery and themes used. It's not like I agree with the views portrayed in the show, as taking them seriously is why comedy like that is deemed bad by those who simply don't like that style of comedy, but I do find them incredibly humourous.

Kenny vs Spenny is another example, this of racial jokes in the episode "Who do black guys like more". Kenny takes the three black guys who are judging them to a comedy club, and invites them all onto the stage to tell jokes. When he goes up himself, his jokes are ENTIRELY racial jokes. The black guys loved him for it. They also loved it when Spenny joined them wearing a KKK outfit.

That's the problem with jokes. If people take it seriously, the joke is automatically ruined, and then all you have is a racist comment, not a racist joke. And if you take one thing humourously while taking another topic seriously, regardles of the intent implied by the joke, you're not thinking of jokes in the right way. I do wish people could take topics like this a little less seriously so comedy can be less censored.

rokkolpo

Aug 29, 2009
i like to make fun of stereotypes. (like the macho guy)

not a race. that's just the lowest of the low in my book.
i don't even see different colours, just people. and there are some i like and some i don't.

SenseOfTumour

Jul 11, 2008
rokkolpo said:
i like to make fun of stereotypes. (like the macho guy)

not a race. that's just the lowest of the low in my book.
i don't even see different colours, just people. and there are some i like and some i don't.
Damn I hope you're not a cop of anything, if you don't even see skin colour.

Next time you're out hunting a killer who's been reported as an albino, and you start pulling in black guys, its gonna LOOK pretty racist, even tho it isn't :)

I used to have thing where I'd be stereotypically anti french, just for laughs, and partly helped by the fact that the few french people I'd met had all been rude and arrogant to me.

Of course, when you hear of stereotypes, and then you meet a few people from that country, and it turns out they fit the stereotype, it's a lot easier to believe it.

I never truly believed all French people were rude and arrogant, just the ones I'd met, and of course, what comes across as arrogance to some might be confidence in others.

My point is, I found it easy to get laughs just by ranting about what I'd experienced, and sure, exaggerating it, however I never believed a whole nation was like the three or so french people I'd met.

After a while tho, it became old, and too easy, and a lazy path to humour, so I dropped the shtick and moved on to making fun of everything else in the world instead.

Really tho, I don't think stereotypes are such a big problem, I don't really think all indian people run a cornershop, or that all germans are angry, or all scottish people are drunk, mean, violent gingers, as I once met a blonde one.

Still, I can't leave a post this long without cramming some quality racist humour into it, despite the OP requesting none, so here goes...take it away Tim Minchin!

(Don't go to the page as the usual level of youtube intelligence means the main joke is ruined in the comments before you start.)

elcamino41383

Mar 24, 2009
veloper said:
Sober Thal said:
Con Carne said:
Okay, I want to know how many of you enjoy racist humor. Not because you may or may not actually be racist, but maybe you're like me, and like making fun of the racial stereotypes and truly do find it amusing.

You enjoy racist humor, but you claim to not be racist?

You like making fun of racial stereotypes, you find it amusing, but you don't consider yourself a racist?

LOL!!!

You are a funny post! I often say that: "I don't hate you people, I just hate the people that I see!"

Does saying it that way make it better?!?!?!?!?!

Answer: NO.

I will now go back into my closet and fail to have to deal with people like you.

Good Day person.
Please stay in you closet and don't come out again.

This polit correct bullshit is doing more harm any stereotype ever did.
I also fail to see where @Con Carne even said he was or wasn't racist. So good job "person" for grasping at straws. "Good Day"

*Edit* damn my link to Con Carne didn't work right. Oh well...

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
I find them amusing, but so long as they're not told seriously (then it's not a joke). For instance, jokes about black people stealing stuff are funny, but thinking all black people are theives is racist.