Poll: Racist Humor

Con Carne

Nov 12, 2009
Okay, I want to know how many of you enjoy racist humor. Not because you may or may not actually be racist, but maybe you're like me, and like making fun of the racial stereotypes and truly do find it amusing.

Please, don't post any jokes. I don't want anyone to be offended.

delet

Nov 2, 2008
Everyone's a little bit racist...

I say it's fine as long as you can make fun of yourself too. Personally, I tend to often make fun of myself as I'm Jewish (Yes, it is techinically a race) and then I allow myself to rip on other people after that. As long as I can laugh at myself, you should be able to laugh at you too.

Pegghead

Aug 4, 2009
I enjoy a few racist jokes from time to time, hell I don't even mind making ones that diminish my background!

HT_Black

May 1, 2009
Racial guilt is for those who have something to feel guilty about; and seeing as I don't, I think a well-applied bit of racism is the bee's knees, to put it simply.

King of the Sandbox

& His Royal +4 Bucket of Doom
Jan 22, 2010
Much like Homer Simpson, I'm prejudiced against all races. It's the only way to be sure you can avoid jury duty.

Joking aside (well, that joke, anyways), I can take them as they are; jokes. Mostly because anytime anyone throws a racist joke or comment at me or my ethnicity, I laugh.

Heck, all the black comedians you see doing the 'Black guy does this, white guy does it like this' jokes aren't hated on, because it's comedy. It's meant to make people laugh and can actually help diffuse tension.

Like anything considered offensive, it's the intention behind the joke that makes it malicious. Are you TRYING to piss someone off, or are you trying to make people laugh? That's about all it comes down to.

Hiroshi Mishima

Sep 25, 2008
I honestly do find the stereotypes rather amusing at times, so yeah certain ones can be good as long as they're not taken out of context.

What I really find upsetting, however, is that many of the ethnicities who seem to take offense to apparent "racism" have an unsettling tendency to be equally racist or sometimes worse. When was the last time you heard a black man "make fun of whitey" for instance? I do believe they tend to crack a joke in pretty much every movie, but heaven forbid we caucasians say one thing about afros and fried chicken even in the silliest of jests.

Typically speaking I find the funniest racist jokes come from the people the jokes are about. That is to say, Richard Pryor cracking jokes about how black guys have a tendency to grab themselves in public a lot. Or Cheech Martin talking about Mexicans and pot. It's the pot calling the kettle black, which in itself can often be an amusing thing because it is ironically redundant.

But if I were to say "Gods I hate those Mexicans across the street for playing their music really loud all day long" which isn't really a joke but can be a very valid statement, I'm sure people would take offense. Actually I'd have to say one of the most amusing encounters I ever had regarding someone speaking badly about their own race was an elderly hispanic gentleman I used to know who would go spastic on the subject of people who come to America but can't speak a lick of English to save their lives even if they've lived here their whole lives.

Funny really.. but sad.

Keepitclean

Sep 16, 2009
I don't mind racist jokes. There is only a problem when people take them too seriously. If you are offended by any joke make a slightly offensive joke back. It will make you look better to onlookers than if you complain about how offended you are.

I always wonder what jokes there are making fun of white people are. There must be some out ther surely.

Oh and 1000 posts. Am I a cool kid now?

Pokedude1013

Oct 27, 2009
It's FUNNY because of the implied racism although not actually racist honest but it's funny to pretend to be racist or something clearly.

Bellvedere

Jul 31, 2008
I only tell racist jokes to tease my friends. And even then never any really derogatory ones. They're only funny around them too. Just telling racist jokes for the sake of being racist isn't really that funny.

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
They're funny as hell. I love that kind of humor, the more offensive the better, because I can't fucking stand political correctness and I absolutely love anything that pisses off the holier-than-thou fuckwits who insist on everything being sunshine and rainbows.

AWPerative

May 22, 2010
I brush off racist jokes because that's what they are, jokes. For example, a black friend of mine always tells racist jokes about black people so I guess it depends on the person and how seriously they take them.

Thaius

Mar 5, 2008
My stance isn't one of the options.

If someone's just saying them, I get offended. On the other hand, there are some friends that I know mean no offense (especially if they belong to the race the joke makes fun of), and if I'm confident they mean no harm and don't actually believe what the joke says, it's fine. Other than that, I don't like them.

Galaxialconda

Oct 19, 2008
I can't really say I find them funny, but that's more because of the joke structure than it's context.

I have no good reason for people not to tell them, just don't get all whiny when I don't laugh please ^_^

Oh and if someone asks you to stop I generally feel it common courtesy to just apologies and then stop, or at least what until that person is no longer is ear shit of them.

EDIT: Oh my, I must apologies for that last sentence. I did mean ear shot. Thankyou King of the Sandbox for pointing that out to me.

Naheal

Sep 6, 2009
They're funny as hell. People who take offense generally need to lighten up.

King of the Sandbox

& His Royal +4 Bucket of Doom
Jan 22, 2010
Galaxialconda said:
I can't really say I find them funny, but that's more because of the joke structure than it's context.

I have no good reason for people not to tell them, just don't get all whiny when I don't laugh please ^_^

Oh and if someone asks you to stop I generally feel it common courtesy to just apologies and then stop, or at least what until that person is no longer is [HEADING=1]ear shit[/HEADING] of them.
O_O

Fangface74

Lock 'n' Load
Feb 22, 2008
Nothing is immune from comedy, as long as it's not personal or born of hate.

Edgy humour is brave, and pushes the boundaries thus never becoming stale.

SomeBoredGuy

Nov 18, 2009
I don't really tell a lot of racist jokes myself, but I have a friend who got caught by our science teacher telling a racist joke against the friend in questions own background. Fortunately, he escaped the wrath of 1000 detentions by saying how he "Heard it in an online game". He didn't actually hear it in an online game since he made it up himself, but I had to laugh at how he used the racism and homophobia commonly associated with Xbox Live to get himself out of a plentiful detention.