Poll: Rap, Because its about gangsters and hoes.

enzilewulf

Jun 19, 2009
Now the title of this form is what I usually see on the Escapist. I have been here for less than a year. ( I think ) Now I on the other hand like a lot of rap. Not the shit like Little Wain and or Drake. I personally hate those rappers with a passion because its where people get the generalization that rap is only about gangsters, hoes, cash, and sex. Yet a lot of rap is about deeper pain like Rehab, Fort minor and some of Eminem. Now I am not trying to say O RAPZZ IZ DE SHIZZ. No I actually like a lot of metal. Yet this is what I am wondering Do you think all rap is about gangsters and hoes and ect or just because you don't like the Genera, or is it something else?

(Also please don't think this is a mad rant or anything I am just curious)

delet

Nov 2, 2008
Today it's just about all about ganstas and hoes. Most people here will acknowledge that rap was at least defendable... what, 10 years ago?

This place is rather Metal-Crazy though, so you'll find more people that love Metal than you will that like Rap.

Radeonx

Apr 26, 2009
It's not, but that's the stereotype, so that's why a lot of people hate it.
But the same thing could be said about metal, for example, and how it's all about worshiping Satan and and such, so whatever.
Every genre has it's stereotypes, and if someone doesn't like it, then deal with it. I don't see why someone's views on music matters.

MorsePacific

Nov 5, 2008
Rap and hip-hop are pretty much all I listen to and anyone who claims rap is only about "bitches and hoes" has never heard the wealth of amazing rappers out there.

WrongSprite

Resident Morrowind Fanboy
Aug 10, 2008
It's just boring. I'm a very musical person. I don't want to listen to some chap talking at me for hours when I can listen to beautiful melodic music, which oodles of variety.

May 28, 2009
What's wrong with Gangstas and Hoes dawg?

I just don't like the rappin' part. Not my cuppa tea. I approve of singing.

I do like Fort Minor and the better groups like that, but not their music, if you get what I'm saying.

vento 231

Dec 31, 2009
I like about 5 rap songs, the rest is garbage to me, I don't like a lot of people who listen to it, r&b isn't too good either.

Kair

Sep 14, 2008
I don't like poetry enough to listen to it, much less bad poetry with a rhythm in the background.

I like to listen to music instead.

Liberaliter

Sep 17, 2008
WrongSprite said:
It's just boring. I'm a very musical person. I don't want to listen to some chap talking at me for hours when I can listen to beautiful melodic music, which oodles of variety.
You should try listening to more rap and hip hop then.

L4hlborg

Jul 11, 2009
I rarely manage to see the musical aspect of rap. The songs I've heard are basically talking fast to a simple beat. On the other hand, the songs I've heard are songs about gangstas, hoes, cash and sex, so maybe I'm not getting the full picture.

Pimppeter2

Dec 31, 2008
I like my rap being about money, clothes, and hoes.

Then again, I may be biased

*Looks at Username*

Aerodynamic

Feb 23, 2009
I like Rap, I also like Metal and Rock, but most people here will classify it as shit because the crap they hear on the radio.

If they want to dismiss it all because of the radio let them, its not hurting me.

Rakkana

Nov 17, 2009
I think it's some chavs with a singing talent trying to be cool. I dislike it because it represents there own stupidity.
Most chavs hate poetry but rap is practically poetry anyway. And I've seen chavs picking people who sing, oh the irony.

But this is built from experience. I still don't understand how they can take a song as stupid as "Candyshop" and pretend it's cool. Stupid, stupid chavs...

And it's "genre".

Wait...What

May 10, 2009
Radeonx said:
But the same thing could be said about metal, for example, and how it's all about worshiping Satan and and such, so whatever.
Every genre has it's stereotypes, and if someone doesn't like it, then deal with it. I don't see why someone's views on music matters.
There's your answer
Took the words right out of my mouth.

Cheery Lunatic

Aug 18, 2009
Hey man. I was actually thinking of making a thread about rap as the Escapists seems sorely devoid of any listeners.
My personal favorite is K-OS.

And not all of mainstream rap is bad either. I like some of Eminem, and even Kanye has a few good songs.

Rap requires talent and hard work. Give it some respect you metal heads! D:

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
I love rap that DOESN'T focus on those things. I tend to enjoy rap that focuses on social justice and responsibility (although I do appreciate the utter irony of "Airplanes" being B.o.B's biggest hit).

enzilewulf

Jun 19, 2009
Wait...What said:
Radeonx said:
There's your answer
Took the words right out of my mouth.
Well I am just curious. I was never mad at the escapist for not liking rap.

WINDOWCLEAN2

Jan 12, 2009
I enjoy Pretty much all of Eminems songs as he always provides a deep message to his songs, S rare skill in todays world of Music.

I like asomelot of rap/rock mix such as:

Linkin Park - Reanimation
Hollywood undead

But yeah I'm mainly a rocker