Poll: Rap, Because its about gangsters and hoes.

enzilewulf

Jun 19, 2009
dathwampeer said:
Radeonx said:
It's not, but that's the stereotype, so that's why a lot of people hate it.
But the same thing could be said about metal, for example, and how it's all about worshiping Satan and and such, so whatever.
Every genre has it's stereotypes, and if someone doesn't like it, then deal with it. I don't see why someone's views on music matters.
Not really. Because I don't actually know of any metal bands or people, who genuinely enjoy metal and aren't just in it because they think it makes them cool, who worship satan.

Although I could name 90+% of the mainstream rappers who are entirely in it for the money and the bitches. That wasn't true 10 years ago but it is unfortunately true today. You can find the odd rap group who don't try to appeal to that audience. But honestly it's becoming somewhat of a novelty.
I got to agree with you. A lot of the shit today is all about money. Its gone to mainstream in my eyes, thats why I only like a few new artist.

Nazz3

Sep 11, 2009
Its just talking poetry really fast, with a simple beat repeating throughout the whole song.

Not to mention:

WrongSprite

Resident Morrowind Fanboy
Aug 10, 2008
Liberaliter said:
WrongSprite said:
It's just boring. I'm a very musical person. I don't want to listen to some chap talking at me for hours when I can listen to beautiful melodic music, which oodles of variety.
You should try listening to more rap and hip hop then.
Did you not read? I've listened to some, I just don't like it, there isn't enough to it.

enzilewulf

Jun 19, 2009
Nazz3 said:
Its just talking poetry really fast, with a simple beat repeating throughout the whole song.

Not to mention:

Thats just bad parenting. -_-

(had to put a spoiler that kids buck teeth scare me)

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Nazz3 said:

Not to mention:

<spoiler=High-larious tragedy>
This pic never fails to make me laugh really hard while making me sad.

garfoldsomeoneelse

Charming, But Stupid
Mar 22, 2009
Snoop Dogg, Devin the Dude, and especially Immortal Technique... pretty much the only rap I'll listen to.

EDIT: NWA and Public Enemy, as well.

The "gangsta rap" genre is to rappers what the "emo" genre is to rock: a complete and total bastardization of its roots, perverted by a total lack of talent and lapped up by the general population that treats music like a soundtrack to their "amazing" lives, rather than choosing to stop and listen to it for what it is.

Kungfu_Teddybear

Legacy
Jan 17, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
I dislike the genre I find it very boring to listen to.

There was something I saw once that gave me a chuckle: RAP Retards Attempting Poetry.

Wait...What

May 10, 2009
Vodka Dude said:
"My addiction makes me piss on floors, and go home with these scabby whores. I took too much LSD ..."

Yeah, Rehab is really deep.

Rap doesn't appeal to me. It's all about the same shit, drugs, whores, violence...

I'm sure some exists that isn't, I have yet to find it, and I don't really care to.
Why does something have to be deep to be good? Most rap i've heard is just about having fun and a good time. Although the point of rap is to dance to so i think lyrics kind of come second its the rhythm and beat that comes first :)

Blue Musician

Mar 23, 2010
enzilewulf said:
Now the title of this form is what I usually see on the Escapist. I have been here for less than a year. ( I think ) Now I on the other hand like a lot of rap. Not the shit like Little Wain and or Drake. I personally hate those rappers with a passion because its where people get the generalization that rap is only about gangsters, hoes, cash, and sex. Yet a lot of rap is about deeper pain like Rehab, Fort minor and some of Eminem. Now I am not trying to say O RAPZZ IZ DE SHIZZ. No I actually like a lot of metal. Yet this is what I am wondering Do you think all rap is about gangsters and hoes and ect or just because you don't like the Genera, or is it something else?

(Also please don't think this is a mad rant or anything I am just curious)
I dislike it for the most part, the only rapper I actually like is Seryoga.

Midnight Crossroads

Jul 17, 2010
Wait...What said:
Vodka Dude said:
"My addiction makes me piss on floors, and go home with these scabby whores. I took too much LSD ..."

Yeah, Rehab is really deep.

Rap doesn't appeal to me. It's all about the same shit, drugs, whores, violence...

I'm sure some exists that isn't, I have yet to find it, and I don't really care to.
Why does something have to be deep to be good? Most rap i've heard is just about having fun and a good time. Although the point of rap is to dance to so i think lyrics kind of come second its the rhythm and beat that comes first :)
The quote is misleading. Rehab is a strange example. It has rap, but a lot of it is also rock.

If you want depth, look at something like Graffiti the World

Wadders

Aug 16, 2008
I actually really like a lot of rap.

I can even enjoy the guns bitches and bling stuff in an ironic kind of a way.

Really into Hyro Da Hero at the moment :D

Thedayrecker

Jun 23, 2010
I like some rap, but it's all so commercial nowadays. [Old man voice] In my day, Rap was more about survivng and being respected, and less about slapping a hoe [/old man voice]

Mr.Squishy

Apr 14, 2009
It doesn't appeal to me personally, as it's just not my cup of tea in any way, lyrically or musically. Still, I admit to liking a few eminem songs, even if he has a habit of taking home the 1st price at the woman-hating, racist, money-grubbing, faux-anarchistic, xenophobic dickwad awards. Or at least that's what I remember.

Zirat

May 16, 2009
Definantley hate almost all of it, there are some rare exceptions but over al I hate it