Poll: real or fake maple syrup

micky

Apr 27, 2009
do you use real or fake maple syrup for foods? i use real, it has a better flavor thats not overly sugary and i dont like how thick fake syrup is, it just tastes gross.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Real. I live in CANADA, I'm obligated to use the real deal.

Plus, it tastes better.

Apr 28, 2008
real. I live in Vermont, and thats close to Canada.

There's 3 families near me that make maple syrup. And we're friends with them.

My syrup is all fresh, all the time. And it is glorious.

razbuten363

Jun 23, 2009
I live in upstate New York, that's close to Canada and Vermont, so I only use the real stuff. The synthetic tastes like plastic a little to me.

micky

Apr 27, 2009
Irridium said:
real. I live in Vermont, and thats close to Canada.

There's 3 families near me that make maple syrup. And we're friends with them.

My syrup is all fresh, all the time. And it is glorious.
:( lucky, i dont know anyone that makes maple syrup and its getting so expensive! but ill never buy the fake stuff as a replacement.

Hashime

Jan 13, 2010
Real, there is no substitute. Even if it means no meat for a week, one cannot compromise on the maple.

Free Thinker

Apr 23, 2010
Real. Anything else is swill to me. Fresh from Canada. Anything less is unacceptable and undeserving to cover my waffles or french toast.

CNKFan

Aug 20, 2008
I have to deal with the fake stuff because it seems like the real stuff here is like $100 a bottle. Dammit Delaware.

Hollock

Jun 26, 2009
I live in western Massachusetts and that's not that close to Canada, but someone didn't get the memo and we make it in my town. We always have buckets sticking out of our trees and make it. So of course I like fake syrup, it's simply better.
JK!!!!! LAWLZZZ!!! AREN'T I CLEVER, MAKING A POINT TO SAY MY TOWN MAKES IT, AND THEN GOING AGAINST WHAT ALL OF YOU EXPECT ME TO SAY, TO SAY THAT, IN FACT, THAT I PREFER ARTIFICIAL SYRUP OVER GENUINE REAL DEAL MA-PLE-SY-RUP!!!! I'M DYING SOMEONE KILL ME!!!!!! I'M THE FUNNIEST AND MOST HANDOSMEST BOY ON THE ESCAPIST!!!!!!

ilspooner

Apr 13, 2010
Soylent Bacon said:
I hate maple syrup...
...and pancakes...
...and waffles

Hate me yet?
Yep. I hate you. :mad:

OT:The real deal is the only way. :D

Nieroshai

Aug 20, 2009
I live in Arizona, so real maple syrup is stupidly rare. I love the stuff. One of my big incentives for leaving this dustball once I get the money, the other being there's nothing to do here that you can't find better in, say, Utah.

ShockValue

Addicted to coffee
May 8, 2008
I uhh...*goes to check*... fake apparently. I don't think I've ever had real maple syrup so I don't exactly know what I'm missing anyway >.>

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
Well I'm from Australia so I only use Pure Canadian Syrup. Why would you use anything else?

PlayingOpossum

May 5, 2010
Both. I prefer the flavor of real maple syrup, but fake maple syrup has a thicker texture - it's more syrupy, if you will. Happy to accept either one. Coconut syrup is awesome, too.

Dammit. Now I have to go have some pancakes.

Cheery Lunatic

Aug 18, 2009
Only Canadians have ever had real maple syrup.

Man, I've mentioned Canada TWICE in one day. That never happens. (I kid, I kid, my lumberjack brethren.)

But srsly, I've never tasted real maple syrup in my life. Am I missing out?