Poll: Rolling Stone's Top 10 "Best Video Games Right Now"

philzibit

May 25, 2009
In the November 12th issue of Rolling Stone, they have a article called "The 10 Best Games Right Now". According to them, they are:

1. DJ Hero
2. COD: Modern Warfare 2
3. Brutal Legend
4. Left 4 Dead 2
5. Guitar Hero: Van Halen
6. NBA 2K10
7. Assassin's Creed 2
8. Avatar
9. GTA 4: The Ballad Of Gay Tony
10.New Super Mario Bros. WII

I personally hate Rolling Stone to begin with (because they're overly - liberal fucks), but this list somewhat insults me as a gamer. I mean, I know a lot of Escapist users hate MW2 now because of the lack of dedicated servers and what not, but DJ hero being better? Also how did GH:VH make the list?, they gave that game away with Guitar Hero 5 if I'm not mistaken.

Anyways, these are my opinions, anyone else wanna chime in?

(I also read this in the magazine itself, I can't find it on there website, but here is the url to the issue's content: http://www.rollingstone.com/issue1091)

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
I hate Rolling Stone as well. Some of those games aren't even out yet and there is no way that DJ Hero is better than Left 4 Dead 2. That whole list is just... wrong.

dnnydllr said:
1. DJ Hero
Rolling Stone cannot be trusted...they had the Jonas Brothers on their cover and DJ HERO is fucking gay.
Have you even played DJ Hero?

bcponpcp27

Jan 9, 2009
Gabba gabba huh?

I mean DJ Hero looks like a ton of fun...but not more fun than Left 4 Dead 2. I mean, WTF is an NBA game doing on there. Bring that down now! Bad Rolling Stone, BAD!

Fluxxed

Oct 23, 2009
dnnydllr said:
1. DJ Hero
Rolling Stone cannot be trusted...they had the Jonas Brothers on their cover and DJ HERO is fucking gay.
Oh dear, way to completely void your opinion that no one cared about anyway.

Katherine Kerensky

Why, or Why Not?
Mar 27, 2009
So... where are these people based? and are there any pointy objects in the building?
[sub]They must be taught the error of their ways...[/sub]

Poomanchu745

Sep 11, 2009
Wow that might be one of the worst lists in recent memory. I mean borderlands is not up there while Brutal Legend is?! And Dragon Age is nowhere to be found either? Both games will be GOTY contenders. This list just makes me /facepalm

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
Definitely not the top ten best right now.
Some of those haven't even come out yet.

However, that is a very accurate list of the Most Overhyped games out right now.

Satin6T

May 5, 2009
damn they need to go to hell
go directly to hell
do not pass heaven
do not collect 200 halos

Vuljatar

Sep 7, 2008
philzibit said:
In the November 12th issue of Rolling Stone, they have a article called "The 10 Best Games Right Now". According to them, they are:

1. DJ Hero
2. COD: Modern Warfare 2
3. Brutal Legend
4. Left 4 Dead 2
5. Guitar Hero: Van Halen
6. NBA 2K10
7. Assassin's Creed 2
8. Avatar
9. GTA 4: The Ballad Of Gay Tony
10.New Super Mario Bros. WII
Oh my god, what a load of shit.

DJ Hero, GH:VH, and Avatar don't belong anywhere near that list. And IW repeatedly spitting in the face of the PC gaming industry means MW2 doesn't deserve it's spot, either.

Where is Rock Band 2? Where is Borderlands? Where is Dragon Age?

I've never had much respect for Rolling Stone, but the level of pure stupidity in this article is disgusting.

sms_117b

Keeper of Brannigan's Law
Oct 4, 2007
I wouldn't mind seeing their criteria.

Because it looks like it's based on what they enjoyed more. Apart from the unreleased ones.

w1n5t0n

Jul 29, 2009
This is probably a list of best videogames compiled by someone at their company who has never played games and just looked at a few commercials.

Nothankyou

Oct 26, 2009
10 Best Games Right Now,
They would know this how? Especially since some of those games haven't even been released yet.

Aunel

May 9, 2008
stubbmann said:
Fuck them in the face with big handfuls of rusty nuts and bolts.
this is quite accurate of what I was going to say.

although
Rolling stone=music magazine
music=/= gaming

this is like asking a guitarist how much damage his amp does.

DC.Justinian

Oct 26, 2009
DJ Hero!? How can that possibly even be on the list at all? Also my friends and I prefer Rock Band over Guitar Hero, and market wise Rock Band is winning.