Poll: Sandwiches!

Brightzide

Nov 22, 2009
Howdy folks. Just made myself a lovely sandwich. Ham and cheese on whole wheat with abit of Philadelphia cheese too. Pretty damn good it is. And it got me thinking, how does the escapist community like their bread-related works of art? Also, whats your preferred temperature of the sandwich? odd question I know. But in Subway you can get lovely warm and cooked subs, you usually assemble the classic room temperature sandwich at home, and sometimes if your sandwich has been in a lunch box next to something cold, or just been in the fridge its nice and chilled. How do you like it? And feel free to mention your favourite recipes :)

Eddikins

Jul 1, 2010
If im eating like a tuna sandwich then i kinda want it cold.

Warm is good for meat fillings.

Betancore

Apr 23, 2010
I don't like cold/chilled sandwiches. They feel...not so fresh. As in, they feel as if they've been in a fridge with the intention of preserving freshness, whereas I prefer to eat my sandwiches immediately after making them. Toasted/grilled sandwiches are best hot, of course, but otherwise I just like sandwiches at room temperature. Depends how warm the room is, though.

And I hate it when they toast my sub at Subway. It comes out looking all melted and limp. What happened to all that lovely, crispy freshness?

Daipire

Oct 25, 2009
Subs are better toasted, normal sandwiches at room temp.

Also, congrats for making such an original topic.

EDIT: And cheese should always be melted.

Brightzide

Nov 22, 2009
Daipire said:

Just checking, is that sarcasm or you genuinely congratulating me? :D Also, I agree with you, Cheese should pretty much always be melted, And I was gonna melt the cheese for my sandwich but Mum was busy using the grill :)

Evilsanta

Apr 12, 2010
Omnomnomnom "Sandwich makes me strong"

I like in em toasted with some strawberry jam on.

bak00777

Oct 3, 2009
it all depends on my mood or what is on the sandwhich in question. For Tuna Salad, i prefer tosted white bread. For PB&J i like crunchy peanut butter, strawberry jelly, on honey wheat bread. But, unfortunatly i don't usually keep honey wheat bread in stock that much of the time, so i settle with white bread.

Daipire

Oct 25, 2009
Zemmy said:
Daipire said:

Just checking, is that sarcasm or you genuinely congratulating me? :D Also, I agree with you, Cheese should pretty much always be melted, And I was gonna melt the cheese for my sandwich but Mum was busy using the grill :)
That was genuine right there.

I've never seen a topic on sandwiches, and a little part of me rejoices that my opinions on melted cheese are being broadcast all over the world. :D

Paztug

Jun 7, 2010
I like mine with salmon, some sauce and vegetables, they are the best, but I enjoy every type of sandiwhes as long as they aren't spicies. However, I always want my sandwiches room temp.
I also like me some good Jill sandwiches.

Dana22

Sep 10, 2008
I always put Sandwiches into microwave for 15-30 seconds so it will get warm and cheese melts.

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
It depends on the sandwhich.

Combination subs I like chilled, roast beef subs I like toasted, and PB&J I like at room temperature (except the J part, obviously).