Poll: Scariest Doctor Who Monster

Triscut900

The Cracker
Dec 19, 2008
As the title says what is the scariest monster in your mind
my vote goes to the weeping angels because the thought of a creature that pops up in front of you creeps me out.
EDIT
i added the gas mask kid

nick n stuff

Nov 19, 2009
angels. kill you in a great way and (until the new episode) you never saw them operate which was really cool.

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
I have to go with the gas mask kid, its pretty much like zombies but they are creepier. Hell I know I freaked the hell out when my phone rang in the middle of the episode.
I personally don't get the weeping angels. The first time they came up they didn't kill anyone, they sent the people back in time, so why are they running around and snapping people's necks left and right now?
That and I'm still not a huge fan of their explanation, so they turn to stone as a reflex when someone looks at them because you apparently can't destroy them when they turn into stone. Yet they seem to be bullet proof when they aren't in stone either since none of them got killed when they got pelted by gunfire. Also stone isn't exactly the most unbreakable thing in the world...did no one think to take a sledge hammer and just bash their heads off?
I dunno, I just don't like the contradictions of their rules from blink to the new one.

crudus

Oct 20, 2008
Weeping Angels. I have seen the newest episode many times already and their first appearance still freaks me out! Their sting is not lost like all the other "monsters".

Simalacrum

Resident Juggler
Apr 17, 2008
Definitely weeping angels.

Mind you, I found them scarier the first time they came up... not so scary second time round.

Also, I was kinda disappointed with what they did with how they killed people too - in the first one, they were the universes kindest killers, they simply wisked whomever they wished to kill into a completely irrelevant timeline, where they let them live out the rest of their lives, without getting in the way of the Angels.

In the new ones though, they simply break the people's necks. Boooring. Even if the previous method was less scary, it was certainly more creative.

PoliceBox63

Apr 7, 2010
Making the Weeping angels move was A TERRIBLE IDEA AND RUINED THEIR SCARINESS! Who agrees? with the terrible idea bit not necessarily the ruined bit.

ThatTallGuy

Jul 24, 2009
Weeping Angels get my vote. Scares the crap out of me that the only way to stop them is to keep looking at them and never blink. Daleks and Cybermen are just annoying, in my book.

Emberwolf

Mar 7, 2010
The two parter in this series ruined the Weeping Angels for me. Moffat just tried too hard with them, I think. But they are still scary as hell.

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
Simalacrum said:
Definitely weeping angels.

Mind you, I found them scarier the first time they came up... not so scary second time round.

Also, I was kinda disappointed with what they did with how they killed people too - in the first one, they were the universes kindest killers, they simply wisked whomever they wished to kill into a completely irrelevant timeline, where they let them live out the rest of their lives, without getting in the way of the Angels.

In the new ones though, they simply break the people's necks. Boooring. Even if the previous method was less scary, it was certainly more creative.
Personally, I think the being whisked away a much more frightening notion. Your neck snapped, you're dead end of story, at least it was probably painless. But you could potentially get sent to a terrible time, you no longer have your friends, home, family, etc. Your life as you knew it is forever gone. Good luck trying to start a completely new life. Odds are you'd probably die in the streets from cold/hunger because you have no means of supporting yourself.

Quaxar

Sep 21, 2009
I don't know the Angels unfortunately, so I think I'm gonna go with the gasmask kid too. That was one (no wait, actually two) scary episode(s) without clearly predictable ending. Loved them though.

Lt.Snuffles

Apr 12, 2010
I have to say it is the weeping angels, with the gasmask kid coming in with a close second. Although i have to say that it was very annoying how it was never explained why the angel snapped their necks rather than displacing them in time.

Also the wierd shadow-y thing in the libary (vashtennerada?) was pretty scary, in the way that it made the people it infected and killed repeat the same line over and over again.

Ironboot

Mar 9, 2010
I watched The Empty Child about an hour ago and... that kid is freaking scary. The angels used to be scary, but the recent episodes kind of ruined them for me.