Poll: Scariest Doctor Who Monster

Strong Intelligent

Feb 25, 2009
I 'unno. All three stories of the "Scary" Moffat episodes take it, mostly because the influence you psychologically, touching you on your childhood nerve. I mean the Angels are pretty much fear of the unknown, if you think. What happens when you can't see? It's the "If a tree falls" thing, making us think that nothing exists (WHich was also used in the library episode). Speaking of, that's fear of the dark, which we all had as kids. Then there's the gas mask kids...freakin' gas mask kids, that's all I have to say.

knight steel

Jul 6, 2009
interspark said:
Lt.Snuffles said:
PoliceBox63 said:
Making the Weeping angels move was A TERRIBLE IDEA AND RUINED THEIR SCARINESS! Who agrees? with the terrible idea bit not necessarily the ruined bit.
Agreed. It doesn't make any sense, they arn't stone when they move, being stone is only a self defence system. Also, why did none of the angels ever cover their eyes in the recent one, considering they are thousands of them you would have thought this would have been a problem.

The movement thing worked reasonably well in "Blink", when you saw the shadow of the angel move.
i disagree, i think after all the statue stuff, seeing them move is an exillerating change of pace and as for the looking at each other thing, with a thousand of them its unlikely that theyd ALL be looking at each other at once and even if two did get stuck then the others could help them, i did spot two flaws though
1. if you can freeze an angel by facing it with your eyes closed, HOW DOES IT KNOW TO MOVE WHEN YOU BLINK?!?!?!
2. "that which holds the image of an angel becomes itself an angel" sally gave the doctor a folder depicting her adventure, COMPLETE WITH ANGEL PHOTOS!!

ah well...
Well i can't realy explain your second flaw i can explain the first. The only reason why the angels were fooled by amy pond facing them with her i closed was because the rift/crack had messed there senses up and they were fleeing so they wern't paying much attenssion to if you were looking or not.

Also could you explain how amy got an angel inside of her i mean if it just takes a look at an angel to do that shouldn't the doctor be going throw the same thing?

Pegghead

Aug 4, 2009
Definitely the weeping angels, though I thought they were creepier in their first appearance than in the recent two-parter.

DragonsAteMyMarbles

You matter in this world. Smile!
Feb 22, 2009
Only ones I was genuinely frightened by were the Wirrn from Ark in Space. The Angels were pretty damn creepy though.

Edavies696

Feb 15, 2010
i'd say the weeping angels but the newest episode with them in makes them kinda less scary

interspark

Dec 20, 2009
knight steel said:
Also could you explain how amy got an angel inside of her i mean if it just takes a look at an angel to do that shouldn't the doctor be going throw the same thing?
delighted to, the image of the angel in amys memory was enough for the "that which holds..." rule to take effect, evedently natures stepped in and gave the rest of the universe a fighting chance by making it so you have to look at the eyes

Jack and Calumon

Digimon are cool.
Dec 29, 2008
The Empty Child was one scary kid, but the weeping angels were terrifying.

Calumon: The Slitheen were REALLY SCARY! >.<

oppp7

Aug 29, 2009
What are these angels I keep hearing about? They're statues... Shoot them apart or knock them over.