Poll: Security Guards V.S. 12-year old punk

major_chaos

Ruining videogames
Feb 3, 2011
AndyFromMonday said:
Shycte said:
Sweden was the first country in the world to ban corporal punishment in the home. It is never acceptable to beat a child instead of proper raising. But, if someone acts violent against a security guard, they have to act.
I find it funny you're actually considering twelve year old's a threat to your physical well being.
a 12 year old sharpened a pencil, stabbed me with it hard enough to go deep and then pulled straight down opening a fairly large gash in my arm, and then then proudly declared "I wanna kill sumbody" so yes I would say that they can cause harm

OT: that guard deserves a medal, i,m so sick of kid running around public places and acting like disruptive little ass-hats and getting away with because if anyone tries to stop them the kid's parents (who up till this point couldn't be bothered to care about their kid) will flip out and call the cops

LiquidGrape

Sep 10, 2008
Thedek said:
It's a stupid ass country then. It isn't abuse. It hurts certainly but hell even if you draw blood( and that is heavily over doing it and does in fact border on abuse) it wouldn't really do damage because of the way the ass is made. Lots of fat, no major blood vessels, or organs of any kind. I have in fact read multiple places where being shot in the ass is preferable to being shot anywhere else because almost all of the times an ass shot will just really hurt whereas even a shot in the shoulder has a reasonable chance of being lethal.

A smack to the ass with : hand, small implement like a leather belt, wooden paddle, things like that if used when deserved for anti-social and particularly disagreeable behavior when being told to stop fails to work. Is not child abuse. If anyone, be they: individual, organisation, or nation says otherwise they are both wrong, stupid, and contributing to the anti-social, hateful delinquency problem of much of the developed world's youth.

You can argue with me if you want but you are wasting your time as you will never convince me otherwise. Largely due to me seeing that children used to, on average, behave a great deal better decades ago than they do now. The main thing I noticed removed was physical punishment. Also it's parents not trying. You don't need to discipline your children if they behave to begin with or cease upon being told, doing so otherwise is abuse. However using it in proper cases seems to be one of the most reliable ways to both get a child to behave properly and respect authority.
Beyond the "simple" degrading aspects of spanking, the practice of corporal punishment is more and more often linked to psychological disorders and aggressive behaviour manifesting later in life. This perverse perception of it as a legitimate means of discipline is little more than the product of people ill-fitted for the role of parenthood terrorising their children into a state of submissiveness.

kebab4you

Jan 3, 2010
http://playrapport.se/#/video/2558686
Justice preserved, thank fucking god. Would been so sad if the kid got anything out from this.

Wolfwind

May 28, 2008
Guard did nothing wrong as far as I'm concerned. He acted like a tool and started kicking at the guard, he was put on the ground. If people are actually going to be up in arms about him having to lay there on his stomach for a few minutes because he decided to be uncooperative, then they really need to stop coddling kids.

NezumiiroKitsune

Mar 29, 2008
They were very professional about the whole thing, and I see no grounds for any further action to be taken against the security staff. The subduing was very expertly done, the guard was in control the entire time, and when the boy made contact with the floor, impact was negligible. It was his ego that was most severely hurt.

I don't know what he did of course, but the security staffs response wasn't beyond what I think their jurisdiction calls for.

The guards seem to maintain quite a steadfast and professional composure when being belittled and aggrieved by the other adolescents, so it seems reasonable to assume they have quite a tolerance for harassment against themselves (which is admirable strength of character). This would leave me to deduce the boy had caused grievance to other members of the public, unrelentingly, or, he'd been involved in vandal activity.

It appears he wasn't moved until replacement security could take over their post, while they took the boy into detention.

thirion1850

Aug 13, 2008
So a retard kid decided to be a moron and the guard did his job. Probably. What was he held to the wall for to begin with?

Master_Fubar23

Jun 25, 2009
AndyFromMonday said:
Shycte said:
AndyFromMonday said:
I'm sorry but last time I checked, 12 year old's aren't adults and treating them like adults is fucking stupid and borders on actual abuse.
And what if the kid is violent?... Like in this case?...
He's 12. Think about that for a moment.
Think about it.

http://www.coloradoconnection.com/news/story.aspx?id=588396
http://www.shortnews.com/start.cfm?id=79583
http://www.fox2now.com/news/ktvi-child-shoots-parents-070610,0,117319.story
http://www.kfor.com/news/local/kfor-news-12-year-old-kills-mother-story,0,2148188.story

You must be insane since you obviously live in your own little world where everything is perfect or you?re trolling. Age doesn't mean shit unless you?re a victim. Don't like it? To bad. This is the world we live in. The security guard is in the right and anyone who doesn?t agree are rightfully so insane or trolling. The 12 year old wasn?t beaten like this person was below

http://www.policebrutality.info/2009/03/15-year-old-girl-brutally-beat-by-cops.html

Kudos to the security guard keeping his cool while being harassed by the prick who DID SOMETINHG WRONG to warrant being arrested, while being harassed by his friends who were probably just as guilty as he was, and not beating the shit out of the kids. All he did was restrain the criminal.

Torrasque

Aug 6, 2010
kinggamecat said:
DarkRyter said:
Well at least that kid didn't get raped with a wiimote.
A bit too soon, but funny nevertheless, I tip my hat to you.
lol, nice.

OP: I'm curious what the first kid did, but he probably deserved it too.
Kids these days have no fucking respect for authority. I've had 8 graders tell me to fuck off.
When I was in school, I respected the grade above me, and that respect was heightened for each grade above them. You just didn't fuck with them, because they were bigger than you, knew more, and because you just didn't fuck with them.
They never gave me a reason to fear them, and I didn't, I just respected them because that was what you did.
But now kids have their mommies and daddies fight their battles for them, so they can be little shits.
Fucking kids >=/

Sparkytheyetti

Jul 24, 2009
Bullshit, that little shit wanted to resist, he got what he deserved. A cop would do the same thing to someone trying to resist. People think that just because a cop throws someone down on the ground when their being unruly but not physical is bad. Total bull, someone mouthing off to a Leo just gave away the cops discretion to be nice. Best advice, you may not agree with it but shut your mouth and take it or you'll be in the ground too. Being tolerant will help you in the long run.

AzureRaven

Jul 21, 2011
There is absolutely nothing wrong with what the guard did. Yea, he's 12. Well, better he learns the lesson now than later in life in a much tougher manner. Many of you seem to think he was being treated violently. They had him in handcuffs. He resisted, so they restrained him. The whip was a deterrent to let him know they weren't messing around. And as others have stated, 12 year olds are fully capable of using weapons.

I actually feel really bad for the guard. He did his job to the letter. But he now receives a shitstorm because this time the troublemaker was a poorly raised minor. Hope everything works out okay for the guy.

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
Zhukov said:
So what did the kid do exactly? That video starts after he's already been caught and cuffed. Saying, "He had it coming" is downright stupid if we don't know what he did in the first place.

As for what the video does show, I'd say the guard was being reasonable. He didn't hurt the kid or use excessive force. Although if he hit him with the baton (hard to tell from the video) then he should lose his job, that's a step too far.
The group of kids were found climbing around the outside of train cars in the metro I believe. Either in between cars or hanging off the side, and the guard told them off. They left and came back shortly thereafter and so the guards pulled them off and restrained the kid in the video when he got mouthy.

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
LiquidGrape said:
Beyond the "simple" degrading aspects of spanking, the practice of corporal punishment is more and more often linked to psychological disorders and aggressive behaviour manifesting later in life. This perverse perception of it as a legitimate means of discipline is little more than the product of people ill-fitted for the role of parenthood terrorising their children into a state of submissiveness.
I've heard people claim this all the time, and now I'm curious. Are there any actual studies to prove it? It wouldn't really surprise me, but I haven't seen any evidence to support it.

That said, if it really is true, it's far more likely that whoever was administering said punishment was an idiot and/or doing it wrong. Any sort of real damage is not the point, regardless of what people seem to believe. Sharp, short pains are incredibly effective at getting children to focus. Corporal punishment isn't "beat the lesson into them", it's "get their attention so they learn the lesson". The only proper way to do it is explain what they did wrong, administer the punishment and go over why it was wrong. Anything else is just bullying and abuse. It's just unfortunate that most of humanity seems to forget steps 1 and 3.

Phantom Echo

Mar 3, 2011
Did he do the right thing?

Hell no!

Why? Because this isn't about right or wrong. This is about a guy doing his job. His job is to keep things peaceful and orderly, like any good security guard. That means that punk-ass kids who walk up shouting and yelling and generally disturbing that comfortable peace need to get their asses knocked the hell down a peg.

He didn't do the right thing. He did his job.

That's his sole purpose for being there.

This isn't a moral issue. That the kids parents have somehow turned it into one is just a testament to how completely separated from reality the vast majority of the human species has become.

There was a time we were made of tougher stuff.

Kingpopadopalus

May 1, 2011
AndyFromMonday said:
Caramel Frappe said:
Shycte said:
He's twelve, guys. TWELVE! Twelve. Years. Old. I get it, children are often annoying online and it's fun seeing the assholes who ruin your multiplayer gaming experience get a beating but that still doesn't change the fact that we're talking about a child here, not an adult.

You two keep talking about common sense and how at your age you understood bla and bla but did you really? I mean here you are, at an age when you're supposed to have "common sense", condoning violence against children and you have the audacity to claim you "understand" what common sense is? Really?
A child will still grow to be an adult and the fear that is instilled in him will last with him forever, that said, fear is a much better preventative then some slack jawed parent who thinks their kid is perfect, I believe RWJ said it best "I don't know if you're aware but your kids suck ass..."

Also I've seen the product of dumb parents who won't crack their kid, its called a child named blade and he was expelled from school for violence.

An entire generation was raised upon "If you did something that made you deserve an ass whooping you deserve it." They turned out fine and are adults today, hell I wish I was one of them but unfortunately we've become so much of a nanny state that we believe age determines ability to punish, I say good on ya security guard, you have done the right thing by making sure that kid grows up with fear of doing stupid shit. I support the whopping of misbehaving child asses. My name is KingPopadopalus and I approve of this security guard.

JMeganSnow

Aug 27, 2008
anthony87 said:
AndyFromMonday said:
anthony87 said:
AndyFromMonday said:
Shycte said:
AndyFromMonday said:
I'm sorry but last time I checked, 12 year old's aren't adults and treating them like adults is fucking stupid and borders on actual abuse.
And what if the kid is violent?... Like in this case?...
He's 12. Think about that for a moment.
Getting taught to not be a prick is best taught at an early age.
If you actually believe violence is the proper tool for instilling certain values in children then congratulations, you're going to be an unfit parent.
And if you believe that the security guard should've just stood there, waggled his finger and said "Ah now, enough of that" then congratulations, your child is probably going to end up being a criminal.
If children are initiating the use of force against others, adults have the right (and responsible adults have the obligation) to use force to stop them. In general it's not necessary to use *violence*, because the adults are bigger, stronger, and more capable. Still, you sow the wind, you reap the whirlwind. Don't like it? Don't be a pissant.