Poll: Service Rifles

Nueemann

Jul 14, 2010
Well, I was looking at a number of different rifles and I decided to ask you all the question, which one do you think is best?

Personally, I think they are all great weapons, but I would vote for the G36.

Also, the country listed is where the rifle is from, not necessarily the country that uses it.

Here are the rifles in the order they're listed on the poll.

G36

C7

HK-416

M4

Steyr AUG

L85

TAR-21

HTID Raver

Jan 7, 2010
where the hell is the M16?

oh well, i decided to choose the L85 on the poll, but i think you forgot about the M16!

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
I really do like the Steyr AUG. I think it is quite versatile.

[sub][sub]Speaking from video game experience only![/sub][/sub]

Nueemann

Jul 14, 2010
HTID Raver said:

oh well, i decided to choose the L85 on the poll, but i think you forgot about the M16!
Everyone knows about the M16, and I personally don't like it too much. I am more fond of the M4 over it. It barely missed the poll.

RUINER ACTUAL

Oct 29, 2009
HTID Raver said:

An M4 is a carbine version of the M16. It has a shorter barrel and retractable stock, but the upper and lower receivers are exactly the same.

OT: HK416. Have you seen that thing on Future Weapons? If not, Youtube it.

Nueemann

Jul 14, 2010
CORRODED SIN said:
HTID Raver said:

An M4 is a carbine version of the M16. It has a shorter barrel and retractable stock, but the upper and lower receivers are exactly the same.

OT: HK416. Have you seen that thing on Future Weapons? If not, Youtube it.
Seems like it's almost the modern version of the AK-47, except they are cheaper, and AKs are still being made.

Odoylerules360

We're all just folk now...
Aug 29, 2008
Bullpups all look like toy space guns.
The steyr especially looks like it was made by Mattel.

IxionIndustries

Mar 18, 2009
Well, since I have no clue what the specific stats on those are, I'll go the most prejudice way possible: Judging by how it looks.

I like the HK-416 and the TAR-21. They look like the kind of gun a sparkling Space Marine would hold, as he lifted me out of the burning wreckage of a Rhino APC with his big, stron-

*Ahem*

The others just look kinda like toys to me. And the Steyr AUG looks like a fucking twig.

Nueemann

Jul 14, 2010
IxionIndustries said:
Well, since I have no clue what the specific stats on those are, I'll go the most prejudice way possible: Judging by how it looks.

I like the HK-416 and the TAR-21. They look like the kind of gun a sparkling Space Marine would hold, as he lifted me out of the burning wreckage of a Rhino APC with his big, stron-

*Ahem*

The others just look kinda like toys to me. And the Steyr AUG looks like a fucking twig.
.....Funny, considering the AUG is the standard issue rifle of a number of countries. I agree though, it looks REALLY weird.

park92

Aug 1, 2009
HTID Raver said:

well the c7 is a pretty big copy of the m16

Nueemann

Jul 14, 2010
park92 said:
HTID Raver said:

well the c7 is a pretty big copy of the m16
It's just a license built copy of the M16 made for the Canadian Forces.

era81

Jun 11, 2009
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQD30bzbWYlgBnz29syCP7t6jClPHUa2l-LeyYnA1TUbrIWcrY&t=1&usg=__5LZBPeZY7Y_Dmi8mKBUViX769KU=Russia the An-94 Abakan most accurate full auto I have ever used and with the two shot burst in five minutes of practicing with it I was putting both rounds through the same hole at almost fifty yards.I want one it's for now one of a few weapons I can't have.

Scolar Visari

Jan 8, 2008
Has anyone actually fired these or are we just going off of videogames, youtube and aesthetics?

I've had the chance to shoot all of those listed except for any L85 variant or any Tavor variant.

They all have their ups and downs, and it really is more based on the user. I trust myself more with an M16 or any other rifle patterned after it, but I would have no real objections with being issued any of the other rifles.

Tyburn Cross

Sep 17, 2008
I own a Steyr AUG A3, and I love it. I have fired M4s and never really liked them. C7 might as well be an M4, in my opinion.

As for "Best" service rifle though, I would have to opt-in the AK series. Not because it is particularly accurate, but because its reliability, power, and affordability make it more cost effective to give to the average soldier.