Poll: Sex or Gaming?

Hermia

Jan 10, 2011
I had to laugh at my friend earlier who found himself in a predicament. He could not decide if he should attend a table top game at a friend's house or if he should hang out with his crush, a hot girl who was ready to have sex with him at that point in their relationship.

Now maybe its just me but I am pretty sure that if any of his friends would have had this same choice, none of them would have shown up to play the game that night. So help me out escapists, is sex as important to men as society makes it seem or would you choose the game over the girl?

Tried to edit the sex option to allow for straight or homosexual preferences, didn't work so just pretend that it says gender of your choice, instead of member of opposite sex. Cheerio!

TheSchizoid

Oct 28, 2009
Relationship girl or hot stranger girl I know nothing about? This makes much difference.

drengnikrafe

Dec 20, 2010
I've had to make a choice slightly less dramatic than this before. The most dramatic moment was when I hung up my phone, silencing the tears of my loved one before turning off my phone and sitting back at the table with an evil grin, asking my players "Now, where were we?"

T8B95

Jul 8, 2010
What tabletop game are we talking about here?

If it's RISK then absolutely go play with your friends. If not, well, I'm not a tabletop game player. My choice is obvious.

commasplice

Dec 24, 2009
I think it really depends on who you're in a relation with, how much you like them, and how much you like your friends. 'Cause I'm sure your friends would understand, but I'm not too sure the girl would be so happy about it. In fact, this kind of thing could easily ruin a relationship (depending, of course, on the girl, herself). So . . . I dunno. If it was my girlfriend? I'd have sex. If it was some random broad? I'd probably go chill with my buddies.

Viptorian

Mar 29, 2010
The fact the there is any kind of dilemma here shocks me. Even in my gaming heyday, I never would have picked gaming over a girl. Hell, that's why I quit the industry.

latenightapplepie

Nov 9, 2008
What about relations with someone of the same sex? That's generally what I prefer.

If that were a poll option, I would pick it.

Waaghpowa

Needs more Dakka
Apr 13, 2010
I chose the friends option. It's kinda hard to explain why. I generally dislike social contact with other people, but will make exceptions for the people I've known for years and trust. That being said, I don't socialize much, and a situation where I would come into contact with a random woman to have sex with is unlikely. I'm also unwilling to partake in such an activity with someone I don't know or trust.

blue heartless

Legacy
Aug 28, 2005
My wife and I have on numerous occasions have had this problem. We sometimes cannot decide whether to play together or play with each other.

BrailleOperatic

Jul 7, 2010
Is there any possible way they could turn their sex into a tabletop game? "I rolled a twenty. Your attack is- OH MY GOD YES!!!"

Hermia

Jan 10, 2011
thaluikhain said:
What if you had sex playfully on a table?
BrailleOperatic said:
Is there any possible way they could turn their sex into a tabletop game? "I rolled a twenty. Your attack is- OH MY GOD YES!!!"
I like the way you two think. Everything about this is just screaming good idea.

ScarlettRage

May 13, 2009
thaluikhain said:
What if you had sex playfully on a table?
gotta question this also.
but any ways, if I had made plans with my friends, I would play the game first,explaining to the person who you want to have sex with that you were sorry and had plans with them first, and promise to make it up to them later.

the very mature way to do it.

Hermia

Jan 10, 2011
latenightapplepie said:
What about relations with someone of the same sex? That's generally what I prefer.

If that were a poll option, I would pick it.
I'm sorry friend! Slipped my mind, which is actually kind of funny seeing as how I am bisexual! Just pretend that the option for hot sex is with your gender of choice please :D.

saintchristopher

Goes "Ding" When There's Stuff.
Aug 14, 2009
TheSchizoid said:
Relationship girl or hot stranger girl I know nothing about? This makes much ABSOLUTELY NO difference.
fix'd.

no offense to my Catan-ing, Carcassonne-ing bros, but I'll pass that shit up to have sex with a girl I don't even like. Hell, I'd call out to fuck a girl I don't even feel like fucking.

but then, that's just me.

Lenvoran

Apr 29, 2010
In this situation, I'd have to choose sex. My friends are all power-gamers. Not a roleplayer among them. I like both power-gaming and roleplaying, but more focus on the roleplay aspect.

Plus no one wants to play the only tabletop game I enjoy, Call of Cthulhu.

Now if it were just like... Non-RP games... Well. Any girl I've dated would be going with me. I'm gonna go with: "Depends on the games being played."