Poll: shotgun or sniper which do you prefer?

The Iron Ninja

Aug 13, 2008
Altorin said:

If you know Iron Ninja at all, you'll get the use of a certain shellfish.

It's crappy because I made it in 5 minutes in MS Paint :p

I lolled though :p
I laughed out loud at the above.

Archereus

Aug 18, 2008
Well i would carry both on me if i had the choice so if i need to take some one from a far no problem from close up no problem either. But generally sniper would be better, kill target A run away to point B hide away from police at point C when every thing clears up go back to living at point D then go and kill target E and repeat cycle while going down the alphabet.

51gunner

Jun 12, 2008
Most games: shotgun. I don't like the bloody sniper rifles because I'm usually rubbish with them.

Still, I usually prefer an assault rifle, and grenades. With that, you can stomp people who have either of the above eight times out of ten.

llewgriff

Feb 12, 2009
Sniper, I suck with the shotgun in any other game than Halo, but I'd choose a automatic rifle over both any day

MoganFreeman

Jan 28, 2009
Shotgun.

I am not a patient person.

And I cannot for the life of me aim with any sort of precision with thumbsticks.

300lb. Samoan

Mar 25, 2009
almost always shotgun. not a big fan of 'point and click adventures' (do I get a badge for quoting Yahtzee? everyone else has done it...)

i prefer to put my ass on the line and get in people's faces. besides, nothing is more fun and satisfying than getting someone with a "jump'n'pump" and surviving to go in for more!

Nutcase

Dec 3, 2008
I like short to medium distance fighting with plentiful cover, because it gives you the most chances to use observation and tactics instead of just being accurate with the mouse. So I'd really want to say shotgun, but the problem is shotguns are crap in most games.

ElephantGuts

Jul 9, 2008
I think this thread wins, or atleast is a runner-up, in the contest of who can make the most shallow thread.

Come on, people. This is the Escapist. We used to have philosophical debates here. Those were the threads that made me sign up in the first place.

Atleast a little thought would be nice.

Minimike3636

Mar 29, 2009
So, what, are we talking Halo 3 shotgun or COD 4 shotgun? In Halo 3, I would have to say shotgun. Same as in Left 4 Dead. It really depends on what you're aiming to do with your weapon. Gotta kill 100+ enemies at close range? Shotgun. Want to just stay alive like in Search and Destroy game modes? Camp it out with a sniper. It all depends on the situation.