Poll: Should I buy portal 2?

TheFunPolice

Mar 29, 2011
So I was a fan of the first one, so is it better then the first? is the co-op fun? Is it still funny? Are the puzzles interesting? Is the story good?

Please let me know what you think of the game and it's changes. Thanks

SpaceArcader

Mar 2, 2011
If you really loved the first one, then I'd think you're a fool not to get it. It is very funny and some of the puzzles are genius. My only negative point would be that it needs more and more levels.

mireko

Umbasa
Sep 23, 2010
Yes.

Best game I've played in ages, and I haven't even started the co-op campaign yet.

Don't really see why this is worth making a thread over. There are critics and reviewers out there who will give you a general idea of what the game is like. Not that you should read reviews, because EVERYTHING is a spoiler here.

Still, asking our opinion will lead to completely random answers anyway.

Of course, I've already responded. Damage done. Look, just go play it.

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
You. Will. Not. Be. Disappointed. Period.

Edit: OK, who answered with: "It's not THAT good"? Come on, own up!

Sabinfrost

Mar 2, 2011
It's a game for everyone, if you're looking for a video game you can play with the missus while still enjoying, I highly recommend it. Even on your own, you'd need to have some fairly unrealistic expectations to be let down.

King Kupofried

Jan 19, 2010
If you liked the first one, you'll love the second one.
It is everything the first one was, but with more. More hilarious dialogue from more characters besides just Glados. More Portal puzzles, with more elements that all function quite differently and each add new dimensions. More play time (It has to be at least twice the length of the first), more depth into the background and workings of Aperture, more areas, more everything. For what it is worth the game also looks much nicer, environments have so much more going on and it hammers into you the feeling of just how Massive the lab is.

Co-op is great too, it alone easily matches the length of the first game and is filled with hilarity. Make sure you play with someone you can actually well.. cooperate with though.

There is not a thing I could think of that was not, at the very least, on par with the first game.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
It's good.

Lacks the magic and WOW! factor of the first, like most sequels that don't change things up completely. Still well worth getting.

crazyhyena645

Feb 19, 2011
if you liked the first one and you like puzzles,witty characters, and a good story with plenty of comedy then you will definitly love this game.

RejjeN

Aug 12, 2009
Bet you ten internet dollars that whomever voted "You'll regret buying it" haven't played it and gave it a 0 on Metacritic for it's 4 hour playtime (which is an outright fabrication). I'd give the game a 9 personally, as it's in my mind almost flawless. (To me a 10 would mean a perfect game, a 5-6 would be a mediocre but not bad game. Just to clarify, I don't use the 7-10 scale of most review sites).

kasperbbs

Dec 27, 2009
Why not just watch a review or read one of many portal 2 topics..?
OT: Yes, it`s awesome, if you loved the first one you can`t go wrong with buying portal 2.

JWRosser

Jul 4, 2006
I don't really feel like I need to comment on here. But yes.

It's fantastic albeit short.

Mad1Cow

Jan 8, 2011
Yes

No if buts or maybes, I'm even making people I know who hated the first play it and they love it...just yes, buy it, play it, love it, go to space jail

/end thread

SomeBritishDude

Nov 1, 2007
I haven't even completed the solo campaign yet but...yes. God yes.

Eurogamer summed it up better than I could.

Eurogamer said:
Portal is perfect. Portal 2 is not. It's something better than that. It's human: hot-blooded, silly, poignant, irreverent, base, ingenious and loving. It's never less than a pure video game, but it's often more, and it will no doubt stand as one of the best entertainments in any medium at the end of this year. It's a masterpiece.
I could see some having some reservations about the length. That being said I have just begun the third (and sadly I think final) act and I've been playing for just over 8 hours, which is honestly longer than I expected to be playing, though this could be because I spend a lot of time exploring every nook and cranny and I'm not thinking with Gels. I hear the co-op is a little shorter, but since I'm playing the game with my sister I doubt it. But for me it's apsolutely worth it.

Goofguy

Nov 25, 2010
Absolutely. I loved the first and am having a blast playing through the second on single player right now. I'd like to recommend the co-op but I have yet to try it what with the PSN outage for the last week.

MasterOfWorlds

Oct 1, 2010
I'd say yes, but I'd recommend waiting until you see a used copy. A friend of mine blew 60$ on it and beat it the night he bought it, and we've breezed through multiplayer. All in all, a good game, but not 60$ worth.

Ace of Spades

Jul 12, 2008
Why are you even asking? Your mind should already be made up. If you liked the first one, then you'll like this installment. If you didn't then then you won't.

mikepyro

Sep 17, 2010
Oh it makes the original look like a joke.

The sp alone would be worth a buy for me, as I'll undoubtably replay it over and over as the years go by. In my mind it's the best thing valve has ever done. It's so incredible.