Poll: Should I get a 3DS or PS Vita?

JasonKaotic

Mar 18, 2009
So, today I'm leaving you guys in charge of my money.
On Friday I'm going to town and I'm leaving with either a 3DS or a PS Vita, and I have no idea which to get.

The 3DS has more games, and it's much better for playing original DS games than the DS is, but it doesn't let me play games on the TV like the Vita does. And holding it aches my wrists a little. But then the Vita might too, haven't really played one much.

I can't think of that many Vita games I want off the top of my head, but being able to play the games on the TV through the PS3 is a massive plus for me. I've never liked handheld consoles' screens or audio. And it has Persona 4 Golden. And there's always the chance that it has more games than people give it credit for. Persona 4 Golden counts twice.

So with those things in mind and other things you guys know about that I don't, which one do you guys think I should get?

I am planning on buying both eventually, this is just to figure out which I should get first.

Edit: Hah, I ended up without enough money to get either one after all. Welp, it looks like I'll be getting a 3DS next month. Probably a Vita the month after that. Thanks guys!

Vern5

Mar 3, 2011
Get a 3DS. No contest.

Alternatively, if you can't have either system, you still have Zoidberg.

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
3DS hands down. It's cheaper, has more games and is more "handheld" (seriously, while the 3DS is a medium size brick the PSVita is a fucking huge brick). The Vita is actually borderline uncomfortable to hold due to its weight but maybe that's just my personal opinion.

I have both and I'm selling my PSVita as I have only played it once since I bought it. My 3DS has more than got its money's worth and it still will be with Animal Crossing and Pokemon X&Y

Miss G.

Jun 18, 2013
Honestly I have both, a Vita for my Playstation needs and 2 3DSs because Pokemon and a lot of my JRPGs. I would agree on buying both if its not a hassle, but buy a Vita once you have games on it that you want, buy a 3DS now because it has so much to offer games-wise.

ohnoitsabear

Feb 15, 2011
I went with the 3DS. Ultimately, the biggest deciding factor on whether or not to get a system should be what game you have, and there are very few games on the Vita that interest me (although that's not to say there aren't any games that might interest someone else). Meanwhile, the 3DS has Fire Emblem, Luigi's Mansion, and Animal Crossing, all of which are fantastic games. I can say that if you get a 3DS, you probably won't be disappointed.

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
I would say a Vita because of all of the great Indie games coming out. :D

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
I've got both, right now the 3DS definitely has the better game library though... especially since you can also play DS games on it.

The PSvita really needs more Persona 4: The Golden quality releases...

Juste Goose

Aug 1, 2013
Vern5 said:
Get a 3DS. No contest.

Alternatively, if you can't have either system, you still have Zoidberg.

OT: 3DS. Vita doesn't really have any killer apps right now, and none of the upcoming games are making big enough waves for me to notice. I honestly keep forgetting that it exists.

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
Get a 3DS for the time being, but I'd actually say you should get a Vita when it and it's memory cards are both cheaper. Since you like Persona though, the vita has all of the Persona games so there's something.

Kaimax

Jul 25, 2012
I say buy the one that has more games that you like (released and not released yet). Personally I would buy the 3DS just because of the amount of good killer games currently on the market, The VITA is a good system but doesn't have many good killer games and most are just ports.

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
Buying a Sony handheld makes about as much sense as buying an N-Gage. Did you not pay attention to the PSP? The PSP Go? Sony cannot make a successful handheld to save their lives, and should stop trying.
Get a 3DS, it's thoroughly amazing.

AlbertoDeSanta

Sep 19, 2012
I only have a 3DS. The Vita never really interested me too much to warrant more then a thought when a new thread pops up. Never conversed about it, and could really live without it's existence. Go with the 3DS, it's the better choice, since it's now 2 years into it's existence; the time when Nintendo starts giving a fuck about it.

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
3DS, it has a better library and price at the moment. The Vita may get better with time, like most systems, but as of right now, 3DS is the way to go. It has a killer app in multiple genres that could suit just about any taste, whether you love first party Nintendo games or not.

TheEvilCheese

Cheesey.
Dec 16, 2008
Get a 3DS first. Get a vita when you are comfortable knowing the extent of the library in the wake of the ps4 / have done more research into what people play on it.

As an owner of a 3ds, a vita and a 3dsXL (Pikachu) I say get an XL if at all possible. It's not really pocket sized but it's a great gaming device with an excellent library. Possibly best library if you include backwards compatibility.

That said, if we include backwards compatibility / digital re-releases. The vita has a lot going for it.

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
They're both worthy of your time but, at the moment at least, I'd say that the 3DS is the better bet.

Brian Tams

Sep 3, 2012
The 3DS is way better in a lot of areas than the PS Vita, and it has more and better games, which is really the important factor.