Poll: Should I get Skyrim for PC or for Xbox?

Iammatt

Feb 21, 2009
I'm just curious and could use a little help deciding whether or not I should get Skyrim for my PC or the xbox. Each has certain benefits, and certain downfalls. I mean I like the idea of being able to mod and such on a PC, but I feel the graphics and gameplay would be better on the xbox, and I don't want to be stuck in a computer chair staring at a smaller screen for a longer period of time, it's nice to just relax on a bed, and play on a big screen television. So are the mods and other benefits the PC has worth it over the xbox? Or should I just get Skyrim for the 360?

EDIT: Here are my specs, or some of them I guess, not too good with computers, if I'm missing anything important let me know

My PC specs are:

861 GB free
My monitor's not too small
I'm using an AMD Athlon II X2 255 Processor(2 CPUS, 3.1-GHZ
For Graphics I have an ATI Radeon HD 5450 (2806 total memory)

MrJKapowey

Oct 31, 2010
I get it for Xbox - no need to upgrade or anything, and I can talk to friends whilst playing it.

King of the Sandbox

& His Royal +4 Bucket of Doom
Jan 22, 2010
I'm going for Xbox too, but only because I don't think my computer could run it well. :( From all the speculation that people who, unlike me, actually know something about computers have been throwing around about specs, I'd rather avoid disappointment.

EightGaugeHippo

Apr 6, 2010
If your PC can handle a bethesda RPG... get it. (they are like sex on mouse and keyboard)
Unfortunately. I'm stuck with just Morrowind on my turd of a PC.

Also, about the modding... I can't remember where, but I heard something about console mod support. If thats true. Either way theres a chance of mods.

Mirror Cage

Dec 6, 2010
I'm usually a console player, but I recently found myself the owner of a very nice PC which I think can run it.
Not to mention that the TV connected to my Xbox has such low resolution that I cant read the subtitles on most games.

warhammerfrog

Feb 7, 2011
Well for graphic i would always choose pc providing that your computer can handle it. But if you only have a small moniter, then i would choose Xbox becuase you have a bigger screen amd you can chill out on your bed. from my point of view you have two options:
1. buy a better moniter for your pc and enjoy mods better graphics ect
2. get the XBOX version because of the comfort, albiet you wont get acess to community made content.

anyway i dont really see the point of this post now. those are your two best choices.

Super Toast

Supreme Overlord of the Basement
Dec 10, 2009
iammatt95 said:
I'm just curious and could use a little help deciding whether or not I should get Skyrim for my PC or the xbox. Each has certain benefits, and certain downfalls. I mean I like the idea of being able to mod and such on a PC, but I feel the graphics and gameplay would be better on the xbox, and I don't want to be stuck in a computer chair staring at a smaller screen for a longer period of time, it's nice to just relax on a bed, and play on a big screen television. So are the mods and other benefits the PC has worth it over the xbox? Or should I just get Skyrim for the 360?
First of all, what are the specs on your PC? If you're afraid they aren't good enough, just go with the 360 version instead.

Saulkar

Legacy
Aug 25, 2010
Country
Canuckistan
I would go PC for unlimited mod support.

X123Lewis123X

Jul 26, 2009
Same as 1st reply - im going for XBox so as i can chat to my friends while playing, as only i PC game out of my whole year in school

A.A.K

Mar 7, 2009
PC. Means you can mod it. I have always found that I enjoy games that I can mod.

brodie21

Apr 6, 2009
i am going to get it for the xbox. my computer can run oblivion, but not very well. i will have to do without mods until i can get enough cash for a better computer

Generic Monk

Mar 31, 2009
PC. The modding communities for oblivion and morrowind have been absolutely immense, with people still working on morrowind nine years later, and I doubt Skyrim will be any different. Plus this is a bethesda game, so I would bank on having to use the dev console to resolve at least a few bugs.

GodsAndFishes

Mar 22, 2009
My usual strategy for Bethesda games tends to be get the vanilla version on the console at release, then a few years down the line get GOTYE for PC (usually because my computer will be able to handle it by that time).

So really it depends on if you think your PC can handle it well. Plus I heard that it was designed with consoles in mind rather than PCs, see if that tips the balance for you.

King of the Sandbox

& His Royal +4 Bucket of Doom
Jan 22, 2010
floatRand said:
PC. Mods etc.
You might wanna up that word count to avoid trouble with the mods. Low content posts are trouble, my friend.

Also, welcome to the Escapist, and stay out of the basement.

IronicBeet

Jun 27, 2009
If you have a PC that can handle it, then of course PC. There's basically nothing the 360 version has over it other than the fact that you can play it from your couch (And you can do that on your PC with some effort anyway).