Poll: Should Kids Be Allowed To Carry Guns?

CrustyMedic

Mar 19, 2009
In my country adults don't carry guns on their person unless they're going to commit a crime. Just say no to little criminals. Would rather them carry a Nintendo DS

Sewer Rat

Sep 14, 2008
Hardcore_gamer said:
Ok, i want to know who of those 5 idiots who voted for yes are?
Its time for a witch hunt!
I really just see it this way: They are entitled to there opinion, its not like its going to shatter the world that 5 people think that its right.

lonercs

Jun 6, 2008
CrustyMedic said:
In my country adults don't carry guns on their person unless they're going to commit a crime. Just say no to little criminals. Would rather them carry a Nintendo DS
Well said, my wise friend.

Hirnu

Apr 16, 2009
I don't trust most adults with guns, I'd hate to see what kids with guns would be like...

Koeryn

Mar 2, 2009
Very, VERY no. I like my guns. I do not like my guns in the hands of someone who is too young to comprehend what they are or can do. That said, training children to respect them and their proper use at an early age should be a widespread thing. Safety first.

TheFacelessOne

Feb 13, 2009
The only reason i'm tempted to say yes is because they could be used to defend the wackos that actucally intend on killing people.

Ismix

Oct 9, 2008
Dude.....kids with guns.......
Kids like candy.
Step 1;
Aquire gun.
Step 2;
Aquire candy.
Step 3;
Flip out on anybody who says any word with the vowel: E, A, or O.
so no HEY WHAT ARE YOU DOING.
so no AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
so no HOLY GOD DAMN.
and so on.
most adults can't even handle guns, but we give them guns. They shoot people, even after learning to control yourself.
Imagine a sugar high kid who is around 13/14ish. Most kids have low impulse control.
*hint hint*see waht i'm getting at?

mike1921

Oct 17, 2008
Hmm.....well shootings done by kids would happen more often but they'll end faster.
lonercs said:
No, your friend isn't using logic. NO ONE, regardless of age, should have a gun, or any other weapon. Unless that person has went though intense training and has a licensee to carry a weapon. Like how martial arts trains people, a person should go through and pass training like that. With that, then someone of 16 years old could carry a weapon such as a gun. That is of course ONLY if they pass with perfection, like martial arts classes.
..........You piss me off for two reasons

You're saying anyone who disagrees with you isn't logical, and you demand perfection, and while I get the former in some cases, this isn't one of them. I could never stand people demanding perfection for something like that.

Why should said training be intense? Do you think intense training would stop a shooting? Maybe it'd stop a few of the fuckheads who can't always assume a gun is loaded and is gonna fire and whatever those things are, but you don't realize how someone could change from a disclipined marine to a chav.
Koeryn said:
Very, VERY no. I like my guns. I do not like my guns in the hands of someone who is too young to comprehend what they are or can do. That said, training children to respect them and their proper use at an early age should be a widespread thing. Safety first.
........the OP said under 18 not 13, if you know a 13+ year old who doesn't know what a gun is and that it could kill people please direct them to me so I may......give them a tutorial.
Agayek said:
Stormcloud23 said:
Hello everybody,
The title warrants a very immediate explanation so here goes:
Today during my martial arts class a friend of mine stated that kids (defined <18) Should be allowed to carry guns everywhere from school to the mall provided they pass a government firearms test. I of course took the side of logic and reason and immediately called him a dumb ass. We then asked a few other people at the class, and all of whom answered with an immediate "no". In an attempt to further prove my point I now ask you.
I'd have to say that any kid should be allowed to carry a gun, provided they take the requisite safety courses, possibly with much more emphasis on the danger of accidental discharge and the like, and licensing tests.

The same holds true for anyone, of any age. If people really want to carry a gun, and they are able to obtain the license for a handgun, I don't see why they should not be allowed.

That said, any gun violence in minors should be treated as if the offender was an adult.
This is my position by the way.

wwjdftw

Mar 27, 2009
UltimatheChosen said:
No. Letting kids carry lethal weapons in a non-regulated scenario is asking for disaster. You can't expect them to exercise restraint at all times...

I'm assuming he meant handguns, too, as carrying a rifle everywhere would be a tad inconvenient.
i find that an assualt rifle is actually fairly comfortable if you have a proper sling

A random person

Apr 20, 2009
Nmil-ek said:
If kids can carry guns i demand the right to drive a tank.
This.

But seriously, in the current system of firearm ownership: No. Not just because of age, guns should be restricted regardless of age, as they are dangerous and used as a win button.
Under my idea of only those proven responsible carrying guns: Yes, if they are proven responsible. There would be strict requirements, though, and gang tattoos instantly disqualify you (obviously). There are kids who can be trusted with guns to the extent someone can be, and adults who can't be trusted.

Edit: No handguns for anyone. All guns are dangerous and need to be tightly regulated, but handguns are the ones people pull out to use as a win button when angry. And they're too easy to conceal. Also, while I think kids should be able to have a rifle or shotgun if responsible, if they, or anyone, needs (as in, for actual self defense reasons) to carry it around when not hunting or going to the seedy part of town, there's a problem that needs to be fixed.

A random person

Apr 20, 2009
Kryogeniks said:
Question:
What if these guns are flamethrowers that shoot chocolate hundred dollar bills?
It is every human's right to own one of those and freely exercise their right to fire it.

R Man

Dec 19, 2007
The problem with the arguments of "Teach and have good parents" and the like; is that they ignore practical consideration. I mean, if becoming a good parent was a statement away, we wouldn't need guns would we. But reality is very different. Its hard to teach because there are no rules, and many parents themselves are faced with a slew of stress and behavioural problems. Its all too easy to say: "They can pass a test and all will be well"

Childrens opinions and attitudes can change daily, they can be healthy one moment and psychotic the next. And how can one be sure that the tests are reliable predictors. Children generally don't have the forward thinking skills of adults (which many adults also struggle with) nor the ability to accuratley judge situations. They are also impressionable and vulnerable to influences.

Also what would the arming of the youth achive? Protect them? Most children would struggle with the recoil of a firearm and the aiming, not to mention actually coming under fire would likely panic them. And if someone wanted to kill them, they'd likely be shot before they could draw their gun. And this is asuming he doesn't try to use his own gun 'for fun'. Parents and teachers have enough trouble geting kids to listen without the added risk of bullets.

wwjdftw

Mar 27, 2009
my opinion is yes, IF and this is a serous IF, they must be worn openly, they CANNOT be conceled, they must go through a 9 week traingng progaram, get the proper licsenses, and go through a mental screening to make sure that they wont go postal when they get tturned down for the dance, and they must be 16+ to even be considered.

iJosh

Nov 21, 2007
Are you fucking r tarded?

It's just like asking should kids have their own Nuclear Bombs.