Poll: Should the Escapist make a technical discussion/help forum?

The Potato Lord

Dec 20, 2007
With the number of PC gamers here on The Escapist, I've found it a bit strange that there isn't a forum for technical help and discussion. I've asked for some technical help in the past(in gaming discussion) and nearly every response was helpful and demonstrated some knowledge on the subject (using an Xbox 360 controller for S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl for those interested). So the question is do you think having a forum for tech-related stuff would be good?

EMFCRACKSHOT

Not quite Cthulhu
May 25, 2009
I think that would be a damn good idea. There are many knowledgable types here and i too have found myself in need of their assistance.

Emphraim

Mar 27, 2009
See no reason why there couldn't be a tech help forum. Would help organize the forums more so sure..

WrongSprite

Resident Morrowind Fanboy
Aug 10, 2008
Yeah. We could do with more categories. Most things just go straight to gaming discussion or off topic.

Gxas

Sep 4, 2008
Throw the idea into the forum suggestions. I think it would be a good idea.

The Potato Lord

Dec 20, 2007
Since there is some support for this idea I'll try and get it submitted except I have no idea how to do this. anyone know where I can submit this suggestion?

ZeroMachine

Oct 11, 2008
That's actually a damn good idea... if you need a list of people who'd support it, count me in on that list.

FallenJellyDoughnut

Jun 28, 2009
EMFCRACKSHOT said:
I think that would be a damn good idea. There are many knowledgable types here and i too have found myself in need of their assistance.
Yeah, almest evreewon heer iz untelligunt! especallly me!

Anyway, I think it is a great idea considering how most computer games nowdays are filled with more bugs than a rotting cat.

Feb 13, 2008
I'll have to say that I'm really not sure.

First of all, you're asking us to agree on something and that's difficult.

Secondly, just bring up Vista and you've split the group into two camps.

Thirdly, moderation is already a full time job for some people.

While the idea has merit, I'm not sure if a separate forum is needed.