Poll: Should The Escapist make an App/Mobile Site?

Pb Zeppelin

Aug 5, 2010
Hello, I'm a long time reader of The Escapist, but a relatively new member. I think we could all use more Escapist in our lives, so why not get it on our phones/tablets? Let's lay on the pressure!

Edit: I tried to post a poll, but it is not appearing for some reason. Sorry!

fenrizz

Feb 7, 2009
An Escapist app for Android would be much appreciated.

But do make it free.

Wuggy

Jan 14, 2010
Yes, I concur. A lot of times I view Escapist on my Android, and it would be a whole lot more convenient to have it optimized for viewing on a phone. Cracked has a pretty cool app for their site, Escapist could benefit from something like that.

shogunblade

Apr 13, 2009
I'm also in agreement with it. I love reading up on the Escapist when I have the time (whenIamatwork*COUGH*), but it would be lovely if they did have that much. I'd love not having to scan youtube to get my Yahtzee fix all the time, which is almost every three or four days.

Bambi On Toast

Sep 9, 2011
As a member of the non-smartphone population, I'd have to say no. I can view the site just fine in my free time using a normal computer.

However, there's no doubt the inexplicable smartphone craze will only grow and grow until it eventually renders all other electronic devices obsolete. So yeah they should make one of these "apps" you kids just go crazy for!

Gennadios

Aug 19, 2009
It's fine viewing on my Droid 2 Global as-is.

Plus the money spent on development would be better used paying their contributors.

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
I have no problems viewing it on my iPhone, I don't know if that's something to do with PubClub membership or something. I have a shortcut App for the homepage and that works well enough.

Ekit

Oct 19, 2009
That would have been really convenient.

But seriously Escapist, FIX YOUR DAMN POLLS!!! It's been like this for WAY too long.

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
fenrizz said:
An Escapist app for Android would be much appreciated.

But do make it free.
So you would like the tech team to spend dozens of hours of their time creating something they don't really need to and then demand they make it free when it's well known that the Escapist has/had monitory issues?

Red Bomb

Nov 25, 2009
I guess. I have an iPhone but hell, if I really want to see whats going on in the site I just log in to the ACTUAl site (shock, horror!)