Poll: Should they legalize pot?

Mrsoupcup

Jan 13, 2009
skitzo van said:
Legalize every drug. If someone wants to do them let em do it. Look at Poland.
Exactly, drugs are the escape of the week. Why not bank on it? *Evil laugh*

elilupe

Jun 1, 2009
I think they should. As a Rasta, I think those people that smoke to be cool are using it for the wring reasons. Its a way to meditate on everything, not a way to act stupid.

Plurralbles

Jan 12, 2010
phoenixlink said:
The main issue is why are people smoking it?
are they using it as a crutch to help with stress, anxiety. ect.
better to deal with the problems than turn to a drug for relief.

not having a problem is better than needing to medicate yourself to deal with it.

bordem? more productive things to do.
spirtual. spirituality is about something outside of you. not tricking your brain into a high state with chemicals

pain. medicinal use i can accept becasue its controlled. and regulated.

again. dealing with your problems is better than having them and coping with drugs and alcohol.
the drugs and such just mask the pain for a while but when your not high its still there.

Dealing with stuff is hard. but you learn move on let the scars heal and deal with life as it happens
and what if one wishes to just chill? What if they want to do absolutely nothing? Why should doing absolutely nothing and just chill be criminal?

Enjoying a good tasting cigar impregnated with marijuana and watching the sun set would be a wonderful experience to enjoy on occasion.

Sure, one can just chill without it, but when high one gets that high feeling and then can walk into their bedroom, plop down on the bed,a bed that hasn't been as comfortable before as it was right then, and have a fantastic night's sleep and wake up the next day invigorated and refreshed.

I believe that one can and should get high off of life, but also truly get high because that is part of life just as any other feeling is, be it enjoying a well made steak, a quiet room with a warm pet sitting on the lap and enjoying a good book, or the joy of getting that promotion at work.

JohnnySex

Dec 31, 2009
Honestly, it's not that harmful and I haven't gotten any stupider from doing it. It's just a nice way to take a break from the real world for a few hours. Oh, and it makes Oreo Cream Pie taste sooooo good. So yeah, it does less harm than alcohol and it feels better than cigarettes. Why not?

Thelonesun

Mar 14, 2010
I'd say yes, just to tax it. Enough of the crap is circulating already they might as well make cash off of it. (you all know who they is..)

crimsonshrouds

Mar 23, 2009
Pararaptor said:
crimsonshrouds said:
Pararaptor said:
Do.
I can't think of any reason to justify my answer other than 'I would like easier access to it.'
crimsonshrouds said:
People in general are stupid but i don't think pot is in any way the cause.

Legalise it and kill at least some of the black market and wasting our tax dollars on fighting it.
Is your avatar from Yume Nikki?
No its from hellsing and what is yume nikki?
Indie freeware game that's supposedly very scary.
huh never heard of that before i'll have to look into that.

Unesh52

May 27, 2010
teh_pwning_dude said:
Any and all respect in this conversation has gone out the window since you decided to liken anti-legalisation-of-weed guys to racists. (Let alone saying "the Man", Christ) YEAH YOU'RE RIGHT THAT FACTORED INTO MY DECISION MAKING SO MUCH. Also, I totally said it was worse than cigs too.

OH WAIT. I DIDN'T. Also, that isn't logic. We have one bad thing, then another bad thing comes along, despite the only similarity being that you smoke it, and suddenly it's logical that it should be allowed too? Two wrongs make a right, don't they? Nein.

Pot should not be legalised. Anyone with astute morals realises this. Other bads things that are firmly entrenched in our culture? Hell, I don't want to be anywhere near cigs but not only do people have a dependency, they've worked their way into our economies too. Booze and smokes make up a hefty part of what keeps us going financially.

Also, as for risks taken, you didn't know that pot can cause schizophrenia. So yeah, I guess that whole "knowing the risks" thing is total bullshit as well.

Lastly, I live in Australia, and we grow our own weed. Don't go around shouting about Mexico because it doesn't mean shit.
I called the other party of my hypothetical argument "THE Man" because I thought it was funny, and it fit. THE Man is just an arbitrary hate figure ignorant people attribute all their problems to; I couldn't think of a better person for a hypothetical situation. I wasn't suggesting that the anti-legalization crowd are racists, or that they are even similar, I was being facetious in order to emphasize the point that there is no particular reason why pot, a dangerous substance, is illegal, while tobacco, another similarly dangerous substance is legal. Note please that this is simply my intent, and the preceding does not justify this argument further. And I wasn't shouting, THE MAN was. You're shouting. Er, at least that's what the Caps seem to imply.

Ok, I don't really have an opinion of the legalization of weed. I'd need to do more research to form a proper, informed opinion. I do have opinions on the legalization of imaginary substances which have both positive and negative effects, all of which are known and apply only to the user, which may or may not be similar to pot. Making those assumptions about the substance, my earlier argument holds water. It's not the government's responsibility to decide for us what trade-offs regarding health and recreation we may make (caveat emptor). This is a logical argument. See below.

Now then. We've gotten into this mess because I was trying to defend some other guy's post. I should've stopped before daring to put in my two cents, because that's all I really had. I was simply trying to say that you were being mean and the guy's logic was sound. You seem to think it's not, and I tried to show you that it is, but I guess I was being too round-about. Allow me to be more direct.

A logical argument asserts a conclusion that is a necessary result of some number of precedents. In other words, if the precedents being true makes the conclusion true, the argument is logical. This is the case regardless of whether the precedents actually are true or not. In this situation, you could have argued that pot is worse than alcohol/tobacco for reasons x and y or that the argument is irrelevant because of reason z, but you are wrong in suggesting that his statement utterly defies logical reasoning.

In short, I was calling you out for being abrasive and generally non-constructive, not for being "wrong."

koether

Nov 21, 2009
garlicncow said:
Plurralbles said:
people want to smoke pot because to them it's cool and edgy. Take away the cool and edgy part and reduce it to Tobacco and I think we'll start getting somewhere as a society.
Onward to meth or heroin then?
Thats a logical fallacy known as the "Slippery Slope" fallacy

the D0rk One

Apr 29, 2010
mrhappyface said:
SUPA FRANKY said:
Sure, as long as it doeesn't harm anybody, than I see no problem with it.
Problem is, like ALL drugs, it does.
ok... I'll take the bait... how does pot harm people? and please don't answer in the lines "people need to be protected from themselves".

AllLagNoFrag

Jun 7, 2010
I did not read all 9 pages of this thread however, I am saying yes.
Think about it, those people that want to go under the influence of drugs etc can do it all they want. Let natural selection play its part.

JLML

Feb 18, 2010
As always when I see those posts that are positive to marijuana/hash (or comparing it to alcohol/tobacco and saying it's less dangerous) I seriously get worried. I personally know a guy who's friend got a psychosis from smoking marijuana (yes, it's a real danger, you take the risk every time you use marijuana/hash) and he hallucinated the rest of his life, hurting himself and attacked his best friend when he came to visit because he didn't recognize him. Hell, he didn't even recognize his family. After several years in that state he apparently one time actually was him (he recognized his mother I think, but only for a few seconds, then went back to the way he was before.) A few weeks after that he committed suicide.

That, to me, makes it the worst drug out there. The first time you smoke it, you could become like that.

blackhole1

Jun 7, 2010
In my country, the Netherlands, soft drugs like pot have been legal for years, yet our country has not been overrun by addicts. Perhaps we are a good example for other countries experiencing a drug problem...

In all seriousness, drugs can be dangerous, but not so much if used responsibly. The legal age for drugs here is 18 I believe, so I'm pretty sure people of that age are at least somewhat responsible, at least enough not to get stoned out of their skulls and jump off a bridge or something. If they do, well, the human race is better of with a few idiots less I suppose.

(casting flameshield...)