Poll: showers. morning or night?

Chemical Alia

Feb 1, 2011
I shower in the morning so I can dry and style my hair for the day right away. My hair does horrible things when I sleep on it and it's much harder to deal with in the morning if I wash it at night.

Vareoth

Mar 14, 2012
I can't properly be called alive until I've had my morning shower. It really helps me wake up.

TheColdHeart

Sep 15, 2008
I shower in the morning after I've woken up usually.
However some mornings I have to be up for work about 4.30am and our water heater isn't great at the time so they are usually tepid at best and I'd rather stay in bed longer so I shower the night before.

Snowbell

Apr 13, 2012
I don't shower often, I hate being wet. But when I do (around twice a week) I do so at night so that my hair can dry naturally without the damaging effects of a hair-dryer.

People say I smell nice when I sweat, who am I to complain.

Little Woodsman

Nov 11, 2012
Generally right before bed. Occasionally earlier in the day for exceptional circumstances, but when I do that I usually still have the pre-bed shower anyway. Sometimes I do that when a dolphin has said something particularly offensive to me.

CrimsonBlaze

Aug 29, 2011
It would definitely depend on various factors.

I always take a shower after exercising, which I do either in the morning or after work at night.

On weekends, if there's an event that I need to attend, I would shower beforehand.

If it's just a lazy weekend, I'd take a shower when I feel like doing so.

The most important thing to take away from this is that I take a shower daily.

Libra

Feb 4, 2012
when I shower it's in the morning. How often I shower depends on wether I have to leave my house that day

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
Both.

At night, after work, maybe an hour or so after I get home because lazy. Gotta get the sweat and smell off my hide. Trust me, I don't like being around me after a day of work.

In the morning, before I go somewhere. Mostly on weekends, but I'm not opposed to doing so on weekdays if I need to. I'll generally take showers as needed otherwise.

Boris Goodenough

Jul 15, 2009
Definately mornings otherwise I won't smell any good the entire day, and if I do hard physical work during the day/evening I also shower in the evening.
Snowbell said:
People say I smell nice when I sweat, who am I to complain.
You lucky bastard, I get the cheese smell (after a while) >.>

Shinsei-J

Prunus Girl is best girl!
Apr 28, 2011
Both, I shower in the morning everyday but I can't stand being sticky with sweat after I've done something that day as well, it's just gross.
When I used to have a bath tub I'd bathe at night, it was relaxing to just sit down and immerse myself in warm water.
Mmmm I want a bath now.

Mar 9, 2010
Shower in the morning. I get sweaty when I sleep so I like to wash that all off before I leave my house, I'd hate to leave looking like I do in the morning.

BleedingPride

Aug 10, 2009
My hair looks god awful after a shower, even after drying it, so I have to take a shower in the afternoon or evening so that I can make fix it.

templar1138a

Dec 1, 2010
I shower in the morning so that I don't wake up with severe bedhead I can hardly do anything about. Also, my morning shower is my morning coffee.

Tsun Tzu

Feuer! Sperrfeuer! Los!
Legacy
Jul 19, 2010
Country
Free-Dom
Either or...it sort of depends on how I'm feeling at the time.

I suppose it's usually in the morning, since my school routine as a kid included one.

Captcha: I am fine.

Yes. Yes I am.

Vausch

Dec 7, 2009
I need one to wake up and sometimes take one at night, but usually that's after a lawn mowing or the like.

Headdrivehardscrew

Aug 22, 2011
Both... at least both.

You don't want to see me when I get/am/feel funky. You don't want to hear me. You don't want to feel me. Can't sleep when not fresh. Can't focus much or enjoy life when not fresh.

It's different during war times or draught, or when travelling through retarded countries, of course.

JLML

Feb 18, 2010
If given the choice, between sundown and sunrise (which here, during the summer, translates to half past twelve to three), otherwise evening. Not really a morning person, and there's something special about bathing after sundown. Better still is a hot bath outdoors late in the evening during midwinter. But that's not something that happens often.

Jacques Joseph

Nov 15, 2012
Night. I don´t like the feeling of going to sleep all sweaty and stuff. And since I go to sleep after a shower and my bed is clean, I wake up clean too, so I don´t need to shower in the morning :)

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
I prefer to have mine at night so that I can get all the filth of the day off me and crawl into bed being all nice and clean.

However, thanks to the roomies and dozens of friends the often have over, I can't shower as often as a should since the moment I get into the bathroom at least three people are banging on the door for me to get out, even if I've been in there for less than a minute.

So I try to take a shower whenever I can.