Poll: *sigh* Why do school systems suck so much ass?

Klarinette

May 21, 2009
...I can't help but feel like there's some monthly quota they have to meet for suspending kids; it seems like you can get sent home for pretty much anything these days.

Bek359

Feb 23, 2010
Wow, the Catholic high school (not Catholic myself, but that's beside the point) that I went to wasn't dickish at all about profanity. But still, you should know not to push your luck. Chances are you were already aware of your school's level of profanity tolerance. The punishment was extreme, yes, but you should have known better.

Generator

May 8, 2009
Suspended for three days? That's ridiculous!

It seems like most school systems are pretty stupid. One time a friend of mine registered for the PSAT, but found out that she couldn't take it because she had a class that made it so she had to sign up for a different date. They didn't tell her this until after she signed up and payed the $30 though, and since there were no refunds, I asked if I could take her spot (and pay her back, of course) since I'd forgotten to register, myself. They made the biggest deal about how I wasn't allowed to, and then, when I finally convinced them, it took them about two seconds to make the change; apparently, all they had to do was unclick her name, and click mine. It was an incredibly stupid situation, and, worst of all, the test didn't prepare me for the SAT at all (unless, of course, the SAT is stupidly easy and I end up with a near perfect score on it).

I guess I sort of took this thread as an opportunity to rant about my own school's stupidness. Sorry, but I thought it would be better than creating a whole new thread. Anyways, no I don't think that that's at all proper punishment for something so minor.

Siuki

Nov 18, 2009
Aby_Z said:
I was once given a detention for spelling the F word. I spelled it in class after saying, 'Ya know, spelling the F word can't be as bad as saying it." A teacher overheard this and I was sent to the principal(AKA the guy who sounds like Kermit.) I had to sit there for about 10 minutes while I watched him type, then he handed me a piece of paper.

On this paper it said "[my name] spelled FUCK during class today..."

I was given a detention for spelling Fuck, and then the principal spelled it himself... See anything wrong there?

Yes, sometimes the people at school are plain idiots.
That principal should be sent to the superintendent's office!

OT: I called a sexual harasser at my school a b*tch and he tattled, getting me detention.

Doodlebox

Mar 6, 2010
I don't get the frowned upon nature with swear words. It's just a way to release anger from your system, and with particular ones (fuck) being worse than others (crap), I wonder what arbitrary nonsense has gone about in society. There's no such thing as 'bad' or 'good' language. There's just words.

SturmDolch

This Title is Ironic
May 17, 2009
That's terrible... No one cared if we swore in high school... Probably because you were either pretty smart and then the teacher's couldn't really do anything to you or because you were already getting suspended for fighting/dealing drugs that suspending that person over swearing would seem very silly. I belonged to the former. No one really cared what we did, because we weren't exactly bad kids. I still can't believe what happened this one time. I asked my teacher to skip the class, so she actually went to the principal to ask and then let me. Bizarre!

Akai Shizuku

Jul 24, 2009
<url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFRT9JKGPcI>Why our education system is shit and how to fix it.

Also, the poll results look like a penis.

/immaturity

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
a friend and I got suspended for a week after getting the crap kicked out of us and mugged by like 8 other guys on school property. they said,"regardless of innocence you were still involved in the fight." and then my friend said,"what fight they jumped us and took my shit!?" and he got an extra 2 days thrown on for "inappropriate Language"...

EntropicBliss

Mar 15, 2010
You should swear in class, so you deserve some kind of slap upside the head.

A three day suspension, however, is less of a slap upside the head and more breaking your kneecap.

BlindMessiah94

The 94th Blind Messiah
Nov 12, 2009
thethingthatlurks said:
Oh noes, the F-word. I think I saw it 500 times in the past ten minutes online...
Oh, what hath society become?

Anyway, do what BSG did and use 'frak' instead. I mean calling somebody a fraking motherfraker has some novelty to it, no?
If they still give you trouble for using frak, use TJ's defence from Recess, when they get in trouble for saying "Womps"

Spawny0908

Feb 11, 2009
WOW. You got shafted my friend. I've seen teachers have things thrown at them, teachers have words thrown at them that I'd only save for my worst enemies, and been in classes when the class chased away 5 teachers. And no one got anything! Yet you (jokingly) say the eff word not only do you get suspended (where a simple detention would suffice) but also get threatened expulsion. That's messed up!

Sleekgiant

Redlin5 made my title :c
Jan 21, 2010
Wow you got suspended, I punched my locker and yelled out Fuck!!! in front of elementary kids and their teacher and got like one day of detention

You got screwed

SD-Fiend

Legacy
Nov 24, 2009
Country
United States
wow at my school kids basiclly replace a simple hello with muthaf$*&$

AgDr_ODST

Cortana's guardian
Oct 22, 2009
what kinda jackboot strict-ass school do you go to? Seriously I don't think you deserved that much for one word jokingly said to your friend. A warning maybe, and if it wasn't your friend maybe a period in detention. Now if you had for whatever reason said "Im gonna fuck you up." 3 days out of school might be warranted since thats a threat and it shouldn't be taken lightly anywhere. However since such was not the case, you aughta enjoy your 3 days off and then report to your principals higher ups

Sylocat

Sci-Fi & Shakespeare
Nov 13, 2007
The reason schools suck? They're doing their job properly.

See, schools serve several purposes:

1. They keep the kids warehoused together in one place for a large chunk of the day, so lazy parents can escape their parental responsibilities, and transfer their unwanted spawn onto someone else.
2. They keep kids bored and miserable, since bored and unhappy people make the best consumers.
3. They reinforce the regurgitation of empty trivia on command for no discernible benefit, thus turning kids into obedient little office drones who will be willing to do more and more work for less and less reward.

See? They do their job properly, so nobody gives a shit about improving them.

StrangerQ

Oct 14, 2009
Seriously i got suspendet for month due my violent nature (i had slight mental problem and i was number one target of teasing until i went berserk too many times.. litereally i went berserk but now days and small medical help im living fine) in elementary school...but hell.. saying Fuck gets 3 days...seriously they need chill pills