Poll: *sigh* Why do school systems suck so much ass?

Gh0st1y_H

Jan 11, 2010
School systems suck ass because the people in them suck ass.

You've got a bunch of teachers, employed by a bunch of stupid assholes that pretend to care, and you've got a bunch of hormone-laden morons running around that don't know how to control what they say or do.

Once teenagers stop sucking, so will the school system.

mandrilltiger

Mar 19, 2009
I once got in trouble for stealing; got suspended for half a day. We watched two videos in class where some said "Fuck" in the movie. School's pretty fucked up.

Vaccine

Feb 13, 2010
Swearing doesn't have the same impact from 20-30 years ago, saying "fuck" is modern lingo is like saying "tree", just give it another 40 years till all the grouchy old pricks die off and then we get the new generation of teachers who were once in your shoes. :U

Z(ombie)fan

Mar 12, 2010
electric discordian said:
Generally schools are there to teach the rules of life, in theory you would not swear at a policeman unless you want to spend time in the cells. So why swear at a teacher? Why use disrespectful language around an authority figure?
because there shouldn't BE authority.

did you know the americans were complaining about taxes THAT WERE IMPOSSIBLE TO ENFORCE!
there wasn't REAL authority then you see. the history books while telling the truth, are leaving that out so that anarchists in america don't get pushed further and tear the country apart inside from knowing that we fought to ruin our own lives and then go on a about freedom.

on topic: imagine all the retardation mentioned on the forums. now imagine that coming from from a teacher WHO REPEATS EVERYTHING FIVE TIMES.

Z(ombie)fan

Mar 12, 2010
Sylocat said:
3. They reinforce the regurgitation of empty trivia.

yes. EVERY year they give me last years class to the letter aside from the textbook or say more information.

T-Bone24

Dec 29, 2008
Hell, some of my teachers will swear to the whole class.

Well, punishment is probably expected, but I would say a suspension is completely overboard. Maybe just a slap on the wrist would suffice?

And those people saying, "school teaches you to be a drone"? Think a minute before saying things like that, education is important.

Mozared

Mar 26, 2009
CUZ SWEARING IS BAD YO!

People need to get their heads out of the 1800s, drop 90% of their sacred 'christian values' and think about stuff before going whiny on your ass.

Arcticflame

Nov 7, 2006
I got a detention for talking about cricket.

I said to my friend "Yeah well at least I didn't get a duck!" which for the (many, oh so many) non-cricketers among us means that you got a score of 0 as a batsman in cricket. The teacher heard me say it and thought I'd said fuck.

He got really pissed off, especially as you can imagine that a school kid saying "I didn't say fuck, I said duck!" sounds like a very lame excuse.

But basically, you got shafted there, meanwhile some bully who is causing hell for so many kids will get a counselling session and some biscuits.

Dark Angel Warlord

Mar 20, 2010
reason schools suck

teachers are overworked and underpaid
over crowded class sizes
schools dont have the budget for supplies tehy need
and most students are lazy fucks cuz thier parents didnt beat some common sense into them
and give them morales and tell them go to school make something of yourself
so they sit around in school and go emo and cut themsleves and do school shootings and blame the movies

when most kids today are lazy fucks
who need a good ass kicking

electric discordian

Apr 27, 2008
z(ombie)fan said:
Generally schools are there to teach the rules of life, in theory you would not swear at a policeman unless you want to spend time in the cells. So why swear at a teacher? Why use disrespectful language around an authority figure?

did you know the americans were complaining about taxes THAT WERE IMPOSSIBLE TO ENFORCE!
there wasn't REAL authority then you see. the history books while telling the truth, are leaving that out so that anarchists in america don't get pushed further and tear the country apart inside from knowing that we fought to ruin our own lives and then go on a about freedom.

on topic: imagine all the retardation mentioned on the forums. now imagine that coming from from a teacher WHO REPEATS EVERYTHING FIVE TIMES.
Yeah there should be no authority, which is great! I will be round your house in ten minutes steal your computer set fire to your house and kidnap your relatives. No one would do anything without coercion.

Welcome back to the orderless wild west. Also something to bear in mind in your orderless social utopia, some of the people fighting against these "evil" taxes were slave owners! It's easy to get a utopian society off the ground if you have chained Black people to do the jobs you hate.

Also repeating things five times tend to be the only way of actually beating the information into these very very "thick" children, because education isn't cool anymore. If you can make your money by having breasts or kicking a ball your golden and don't have to be a nerd who for example can bring history into an argument to support your point.

Anarchism doesn't work. It would create a situation where the strong rule absolutely without the censure of public order to contend with. People wouldn't suddenly rise up, they would be just the same sheep they are.

To state education is no good because it teaches children to be sheep is like say water is bad because people drown in it. Without water we would die, without social cohesion and education the last thousand years of human evolution would end.

Go watch the film Idiocracy, that my friend is the world of Anarchy.

Im just off to buy Gatorade shares!

Iconsting

Apr 14, 2009
Wow, I never have problems like this in my school. Most teachers say those words themselves.

ottenni

Aug 13, 2009
For just that, that is an overreaction. I can understand that they may have a go at you and give you a talking too, but threatening with expulsion is very extreme. Unless they are trying to get rid of you.

Marsell

Nov 20, 2008
my school,
Does not have any salt for french fries,
only has diet sodas and drinks, (which are like, 10 times worse for you)
and standard web filtering out the ass

Z(ombie)fan

Mar 12, 2010
z(ombie)fan said:

Yeah there should be no authority, which is great! I will be round your house in ten minutes steal your computer set fire to your house and kidnap your relatives. No one would do anything without coercion.

Welcome back to the orderless wild west. Also something to bear in mind in your orderless social utopia, some of the people fighting against these "evil" taxes were slave owners! It's easy to get a utopian society off the ground if you have chained Black people to do the jobs you hate.

Also repeating things five times tend to be the only way of actually beating the information into these very very "thick" children, because education isn't cool anymore. If you can make your money by having breasts or kicking a ball your golden and don't have to be a nerd who for example can bring history into an argument to support your point.

Anarchism doesn't work. It would create a situation where the strong rule absolutely without the censure of public order to contend with. People wouldn't suddenly rise up, they would be just the same sheep they are.

To state education is no good because it teaches children to be sheep is like say water is bad because people drown in it. Without water we would die, without social cohesion and education the last thousand years of human evolution would end.

Go watch the film Idiocracy, that my friend is the world of Anarchy.

Im just off to buy Gatorade shares!
im saying that shit would be like borderlands: there is still authority but its more like a heirarchy: i would love being able to live in a world where looting shit and earning whats mine instead of earning through apparent stupidity. if i die? oh well.i would prefer that.

"Also repeating things five times tend to be the only way of actually beating the information into these very very "thick" children, because education isn't cool anymore. If you can make your money by having breasts or kicking a ball your golden and don't have to be a nerd who for example can bring history into an argument to support your point."

the kids in my school are

A: bright

B: mentally unstable.

or C: both

i'm a very observant C. trust me. it doesn't help ANYONE.

UnkeptBiscuit

Jun 25, 2009
It may just be because I go to a private school, but my teachers encourage individuality. Aside from playing Call of Duty religiously (which me and about four other people all stopped doing, but ONLY us five), there's no one thing that brings us all together. All the teachers hate the sheeple that populate most schools. They'll give you a lunch detention for the most ridiculous things, though. I've been written up three times during middle school, I, in my opinion, didn't deserve a single one of them, but two of them take the cake for the biggest "WTF?" reason for punishment ever. Both of them happened within a week of each other. To make this less of a wall of text:
I got written up for tilting my chair back, with me in it, basically reclining in it. I wasn't endangering nor insulting anybody, yet I was still written up.
I was written up for the following exchange between me and my otherwise awesome American History teacher. He handed out laptops from a cart full of them at the beginning of class for us to work on a project with. I asked for one, but he didn't hear me, and then started teaching his lesson. I decided to leave it until after the lesson when I'd have time to work on my project.
Me: Hey Mr. American History Teacher, can I have a laptop?
MR. AHT: I handed them out at the beginning of class!
Me: I asked for one, but you didn't hear me!
And then he wrote me up.
So yeah, I guess I can kind of see what you're saying. I have no idea what my teachers would do if someone dropped an F-bomb, since no one ever has. We're smarter than that.

ArcWinter

May 9, 2009
The only time that school has ever been good was back in the good ol' days where it was just an excuse to get your pappy off your back about plowing the third field that day, god, why can't he just buy some horses, we have enough money, we don't need that new radio he's been looking at and it would help if mum would stop wasting food on all her dumb tea parties with her friends jeez.

Also, school systems teach you nothing, like why run-on sentences are bad and not awesome.

But yeah school sucks, work sucks, anything that isn't constant fun sucks. I.E. everything sucks. Anyone wanna pool up some money in order to buy a private island?

RabidusUnus

Oct 7, 2009
We get that type of punishment for a bad fight at my school.
Swearing mostly gets you a stern warning, and a belittling.

Hell, my math teacher was locked out by a classmate of mine, and all we got was a stern talking to, and he got a detention.

Jamieson 90

Mar 29, 2010
As a Teachers assistant I think its a bit harsh, I would probably have given you warning and if you contined reported you, It depends on your school's policy though, It probably does not specify in which context swear words are okay so any instance is against the rules.

You have to take into account how the teacher saw it, your friend may have known you were joking but the teacher might have interpreted it as complete disrespect. Three days suspension is a bit overkill though, staying in at break or at the most a detention is probably a fair punishement.

Either way swearing is not a good quality to have, I know its a cool thing to do at your age but really it just makes you sound stupid, don't think im some old grandpa as well because im still in university and not much older than you.

lasty, a lot of school rules don't make sense when your still a kid but when you grow up and look at it from an adults point of view they actually do, As a TA I can say that Teachers don't hate you, they actually want to help you, in an ideal world they would never have to punish you because you would behave and they could actually do the job they are paid to do which is teach.