Poll: Silent Hill: Shattered Memories- Will it be good?

Ladie Au Pair

Jan 27, 2009
This game is set to come out this fall on PSP, PS2 and Wii. I'm kind of nervous about how this game is going to turn out. It's supposedly "re-telling" the story of the original Silent Hill. What do you think?

SmilingKitsune

Dec 16, 2008
Well if it's being developed by the same people who did Origins my expectations are low, though I don't have a wii and my PS2 hasn't been working for a year, so I'm not that bothered really.

Ladie Au Pair

Jan 27, 2009
SmilingKitsune said:
Well if it's being developed by the same people who did Origins my expectations are low, though I don't have a wii and my PS2 hasn't been working for a year, so I'm not that bothered really.
I think it is going it is going to be done by Climax, and yes they did Origins.

SmilingKitsune

Dec 16, 2008
Ladie Au Pair said:
SmilingKitsune said:
I think it is going it is going to be done by Climax, and yes they did Origins.
Oh well, I guess it's only a matter of time untill they start messing with my beloved Silent Hill 2, I'm surprised they haven't already.

New Troll

Mar 26, 2009
The original Silent Hill does need to be remade, but for the PS3 and XBox 360, NOT the PSP and Wii. Going to suck. Next they're going to try and remake Parasite Eve for the DSi.

Samoftherocks

Oct 4, 2008
http://wii.ign.com/objects/143/14325477.html#aboutThisGame

Remake...havent we all gone over this already about "remakes" and "how bad they end up being"?

When did we outlaw new ideas?

Ladie Au Pair

Jan 27, 2009
I am changing my mind on this. This game will be awesome on one condition.Henry still has to say, "Radio? What's going on with that radio?" just like he does in the original. If he doesn't I will reject this game.

Ladie Au Pair

Jan 27, 2009
Strong Intelligent said:
As lond as they don't touch two anytime soon, because I just wasted some dough on buying it a couple of days ago.
Not wasted. That was a good investment.

SyphonX

Coffee Bandit
Mar 22, 2009
I am willing to give any Silent Hill entry a try. Why? Because there are no other games that can come close to it's atmosphere and plot. Have there been entries that I didn't care for? Sure, but they were still enjoyable.

Silent Hill 1 was the cat's meow years and years ago. They'll probably change a lot of things and make a lot of grizzled veteran SH tourists shun it away. Though you won't see me turn down an invite to Silent Hill in September.

Strong Intelligent

Feb 25, 2009
I'm just reffering to the fact I just payed for SH2, (which is absoloutly brilliant BTW) but say, only a few months later I'm going to have to buy it again.

Gladion

Jan 19, 2009
Strong Intelligent said:
I'm just reffering to the fact I just payed for SH2, (which is absoloutly brilliant BTW) but say, only a few months later I'm going to have to buy it again.
Noone would be forcing you... oO

Anyways, gotta love how people already hate it even though there isn't even a teaser out, and...
New Troll said:
The original Silent Hill does need to be remade, but for the PS3 and XBox 360, NOT the PSP and Wii. Going to suck. Next they're going to try and remake Parasite Eve for the DSi.
NoMoreSanity said:
I honestly want to try this seeing as I haven't played SH 1, but as New Troll said, I would like it to be on 360/PS3, consoles that could be used to make all sorts of visions of Silent Hilll come true.
I think differently. I thought the first game was the scariest in the whole series because of the poor graphics, not despite - but if you haven't played it you wouldn't know for yourself.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to it because the changes seem reasonable and the PSone original is so hard to get your hands on (at least I could rent it a few years ago...)

Samoftherocks said:
http://wii.ign.com/objects/143/14325477.html#aboutThisGame

Remake...havent we all gone over this already about "remakes" and "how bad they end up being"?

When did we outlaw new ideas?
"new ideas" is this thing that only shows itself once in a decade. It's not like non-remakes did any innovative stuff. Even the stories are pretty similar, just the soundtrack and names differ.

hiddendragonv5

Apr 18, 2009
I think Silent Hill: Shattered Memories will be bad cause it looks like you can't fight and it is just silent hill 1 but with a graphic upgrade personally.

haaxist

Sep 21, 2009
I think it will be good, especially since the only one I've played is the first one (and Origins). It was good, like the storyline and everything, but I found it hard to really get into the game since it looked like I was fighting or running from a blurry square. The point of Silent Hill isn't really to fight, which is why you don't start off with an assault rifle, you pick random stuff up off the ground. Silent Hill is about atmosphere and story, which it looks like this game will have in abundance (atmosphere at least), especially since it has that test and the thing where the game evaluates your playing style. I think it's nice that they are remaking it for those people who don't have a PS1 and the first game, or any of the other games since people who have them never get rid of them. It's a chance for people to get into the franchise without feeling like they're left out.

Iron Mal

Jun 4, 2008
I actually think this game could be alright, from what I saw of the gameplay videos so far they've kept the same dark, foggy atmosphere that made Silent Hill terrifying in the past so I can't see any reason why this game won't be as good as it's predacessor (let's face facts, Silent Hill was largely frightening due to the oppressive atmosphere that was present, the actual gameplay blew harder than a prostiute in a heatwave and the story was about as clear as the fog you're stumbling through but the setting alone still made it as good game).

I think the biggest problem that people will come up with when it comes out will be the fact that it isn't one of the original games, something that can't really be helped and is largely a problem born of the sheer fickleness of a dedicated fan base.

Random Argument Man

May 21, 2008
It looks great. I acually find the lack of combat a good thing.

Silent Hill:Homecoming started with a nice atmosphere until I fought my first nurse.

scnj

Nov 10, 2008
Looks like an interesting idea but I don't see the point in remaking the first game. It's a classic of the survival horror genre. Why not ruin the second one while they're at it?